Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds now to be fan owned

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would assume because they are in the 2nd tier of English football they would be cheaper plus they have the facilities and fan base on which to build to regain their status. If I was a very rich man they are the most likely that I would consider.

Facilities?

Have you been to Elland Road recently?

It's looking very dated, despite the £42 they charged us a couple of weeks ago for admission. Cellini is looking for about £60m for Leeds if rumours are true.

Current prices being bandied about for PL clubs are £225m for Everton, £150m for Villa and West Brom, £100 m for Palace. They already have PL cash flows, why not buy one of them?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buy Leeds for £60m, if that includes paying off any debts, spend £15m on team in January still time to get promoted and pick up £100m +. Probably wouldnt need to spend £15m on team .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sky Sports are reporting he is still willing to sell to Leeds fans, just not those leeds fans.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Buy Leeds for £60m, if that includes paying off any debts, spend £15m on team in January still time to get promoted and pick up £100m +. Probably wouldnt need to spend £15m on team .

£15m for the fees, wages of a premier league team ?
Albion's wage / fees bill is a lot more than that for (just) a top 10 Champ team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cellini is looking for about £60m for Leeds if rumours are true.
So he's not looking for them to be fan owned after all. How much did he buy the club for?

Buy Leeds for £60m, if that includes paying off any debts, spend £15m on team in January still time to get promoted and pick up £100m +
They're already 15 points from the auto places and will be further by January. You can get 100 - 1 on them getting promoted. I suggest it wouldn't be a good £60m investment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Facilities?

Have you been to Elland Road recently?

It's looking very dated, despite the £42 they charged us a couple of weeks ago for admission. Cellini is looking for about £60m for Leeds if rumours are true.

Current prices being bandied about for PL clubs are £225m for Everton, £150m for Villa and West Brom, £100 m for Palace. They already have PL cash flows, why not buy one of them?

As far as I'm aware, Elland Road is still owned by Leeds City council. The football club pay rent.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did he ??

If what I have heard is correct, when Sir Dick of Knight finally removed Archer from the club, Archer was owed about £1.5million. The Albion board offered him about half that. As Archer was keen to float his DIY chain at the time on the market he accepted the offer, as he wanted a smooth market launch.

So the irony of ironies is that Bill Archer ended up gifting the Albion about £750k.

I've always maintained that the real **** in all of this is Greg Stanley. He claimed to be an Albion fan, unlike Archer. He may have lent the club money, but the interest being charged was allegedly very punitive, and if so he was squeezing the club for all it had.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If what I have heard is correct, when Sir Dick of Knight finally removed Archer from the club, Archer was owed about £1.5million. The Albion board offered him about half that. As Archer was keen to float his DIY chain at the time on the market he accepted the offer, as he wanted a smooth market launch.

So the irony of ironies is that Bill Archer ended up gifting the Albion about £750k.

But who got the money from the sale of the Goldstone. I thought that was Archer, if it wasn't, where did that go?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But who got the money from the sale of the Goldstone. I thought that was Archer, if it wasn't, where did that go?

The ground was sold for about £7.4 million.

Most of it went to HMRC, Barclays and the Co-Op bank.

The Albion lost £911k in 1996 so that swallowed up some too.

The big question that was never fully explained was the re-sale of the land a year later for £23.86 million a year later.

Either the club (Archer and Bellotti) were very poor negotiators or something untoward took place. Not that I'm saying that the administration of the game centrally and by individual clubs is tainted by incompetence, mismanagement, cronyism, bribery and corruption.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here