Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds home game moved.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
My two sons and I live 125 miles away, all long term season ticket holders, a Saturday match day is an 11 hour round trip for us all in. Midweek night games, we have absolutely no chance at all (work, school, trains etc).

This really pisses me off.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't be too often in our history we've played on 29th Feb either?!

I remember playing on 29 Feb in 1992 - we won 3-2 and IIRC Stuart Munday scored the winner. I remember it because it was the first match I went to after my dad had died and it was a shock going back to the house and not discussing the game with him

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
So will they refund my sons season ticket for another game he now cannot get to? No. of course not. It is a week night and he has school the next day. We also cannot afford Sky Sports - it was that or a season ticket. I wonder which the Club would rather we had? I will also have to take a days leave, as I ensured that I was rostered off on the Saturday, in order to attend. Somewhat pissed off......

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For those who plan these things, 14 clear days between home games (Sun 14th to Sun 28th). That normally would mean I would take a holiday to somewhere hot but I'm off to Cardiff the week before.
QUESTION. Can I book the Cardiff hotel yet? The game is meant to be on the 20th Feb.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
For those who plan these things, 14 clear days between home games (Sun 14th to Sun 28th). That normally would mean I would take a holiday to somewhere hot but I'm off to Cardiff the week before.
QUESTION. Can I book the Cardiff hotel yet? The game is meant to be on the 20th Feb.

It's FA Cup R5 day so I'd hang fire for now.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Out of Interest do the club ever refund tickets of matches moved from their original scheduled date to people who bought them on a match by match basis and can not go to the new date set considering they went on sale for Leeds game nearly 2 weeks ago ? Not that it effects me as I'm going anyway but just wondered as the club sells them nearly 2-3 months in advance.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Trouble with this is will the away attendance be affected on a live TV Monday night, as Leeds are a bit of a cash cow when it comes to a home game versus them. I can't see the home crowd being as big, although, of course, I am only speculating. So this may possibly mean any TV cash will be eaten into, thus making it less profitable, from that aspect, as it may have been?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh balls. Monday nights are a right royal pain in the arse. Need to call in 2 favours for a Monday game - leave work early on the Monday and WFH on the Tuesday.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's FA Cup R5 day so I'd hang fire for now.

I had this conversation last year regarding people like me who have to work all summer.
So far I've got 24th Jan to 4th Feb penciled in but it depends on us LOOSING to Hull in the cup. Don't let me down guys.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Trouble with this is will the away attendance be affected on a live TV Monday night, as Leeds are a bit of a cash cow when it comes to a home game versus them. I can't see the home crowd being as big, although, of course, I am only speculating. So this may possibly mean any TV cash will be eaten into, thus making it less profitable, from that aspect, as it may have been?

This is THE Leeds United we're talking about. How DARE you question the commitment of the greatest* supporters in the world?

*except Portsmouth**

**obviously

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here