[Football] Leeds home crowd

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
OK, I get the 'ATTACH=CONFIG]145347[/ATTACH' bit (thanks, although I may not remember it!) - but where did you get the 145347 from?

If you’re on a Windows PC and have the webpage open right click on the photo and save the image. Then come to NSC and when you’re writing a post click then”insert image”

B1DA0037-972D-4B1A-96EA-B7A3E950D0D7.jpeg

Which is the icon circled above. Find the file you just saved and click ok. That inserts it into the post.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I don’t get this obsession, we haven’t got the best atmosphere in the division, we haven’t got the worst, this has been the same narrative for every single season since I started going in 1978. We are what we are.

I am puzzled by our fans that “want to be like Leeds” it’s never going to happen, With respect if you really want to be like Leeds then erm....go and support Leeds

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Under Graham Potter Brighton have won just 12 home games out of 50 in the Premier League, still one less than under Hughton.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The comment about the Leeds fans all standing up was interesting: try that at the Amex (apart from the back rows in the North) and stewards will be over to you in an instant. Club gets the atmosphere it wants if they insist on that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can't deny that they're passionate but today was the first time fans were at Elland Road to see Leeds play their rivals at home in the top flight for pretty much TWO DECADES.

They had good reason to get excited. Well, until the fourth went in.

Indeed. Though never understand the media calling this a rivalry ESPECIALLY if they’re going to pick ours apart. What do Leeds rival Man U for exactly? Pies? “Mighty” Leeds have been out of the top flight for a generation. Not a couple seasons. An entire generation. In which they regularly couldn’t even half fill their “fortress” and lagged behind #teamslikebrighton in attendance terms. Yep, Leeds are MASSIVE just like every team in Yorkshire it seems. Surprised they’ve not ditched Man U for Madrid or Bayern, who also dropped into their respective 3rd tiers whilst spending 18 years outside the top flight didn’t they? Also, when was it Leeds last hauled in trophy after trophy like Utd? Was it colour television then, or still black and white? My memory’s faded. Nah, if I was a United fan I’d be insulted by Leeds calling it a rivalry. More like a jealousy in the eyes of this neutral anyway.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The comment about the Leeds fans all standing up was interesting: try that at the Amex (apart from the back rows in the North) and stewards will be over to you in an instant. Club gets the atmosphere it wants if they insist on that.

At the Wembley semi final against City we were in the second row from the back in the lower tier, when the game kicked off the back row sat down, I was still standing and said “are we not standing up and singing?”
Blank looks all round from those in that row :facepalm:
I got told to sit down and shut up by one stroppy lady for getting to my feet and cheering the team later in the match ???
This definitely would not had happened with Leeds fans IMO

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not that I agree with throwing stuff at players, but did the Man Utd players celebrate in front of the Leeds fans?
I think if idiots are chucking stuff, players should be celebrating in the middle of the pitch or in front of their own fans.
Burnley really milking it yesterday in the North West corner springs to mind.

Yes. But we didn’t throw anything at them.

Always idiots at every club but I’m struggling with the points the OP makes given Elanga actually had treatment.

Leeds and Man U absolutely hate each other going back to the early 70s but you just can’t do that I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the Wembley semi final against City we were in the second row from the back in the lower tier, when the game kicked off the back row sat down, I was still standing and said “are we not standing up and singing?”
I got told to sit down and shut up by one stroppy lady for getting to my feet and cheering the team later in the match ???

City fan?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes. But we didn’t throw anything at them.

Always idiots at every club but I’m struggling with the points the OP makes given Elanga actually had treatment.

Leeds and Man U absolutely hate each other going back to the early 70s but you just can’t do that I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree we didn’t have any fans throwing stuff.

I don’t believe the OP is talking about Leeds fans chucking stuff, I didn’t read the opening post and think that, I think he’s just talking about the atmosphere and Leeds fans staying to the end and getting behind their team.

Chucking stuff at Man U players was mentioned later in this thread.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you’re on a Windows PC and have the webpage open right click on the photo and save the image. Then come to NSC and when you’re writing a post click then”insert image”

View attachment 145353

Which is the icon circled above. Find the file you just saved and click ok. That inserts it into the post.

Thanks - I'll give it a try sometime

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Aaah, the Great Leeds Myth, second only to them having won the European Cup if it wasn’t for bent officiating.

Elland Road is only loud for big games, or if Leeds are winning. Going back to their Championship days, it wasn’t as loud as the Amex, for any game. And, their fans nearly all went home at halftime when we were beating them 4-0 at the Amex. Great support.

I have always thought of them as one of the most fickle fan bases in football.

And, today , to compliment the coin throwing, they were singing their Munich song.

Classy bunch.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Agree we didn’t have any fans throwing stuff.

I don’t believe the OP is talking about Leeds fans chucking stuff, I didn’t read the opening post and think that, I think he’s just talking about the atmosphere and Leeds fans staying to the end and getting behind their team.

Chucking stuff at Man U players was mentioned later in this thread.

This is correct, thanks

el punal

I don’t get this obsession, we haven’t got the best atmosphere in the division, we haven’t got the worst, this has been the same narrative for every single season since I started going in 1978. We are what we are.

I am puzzled by our fans that “want to be like Leeds” it’s never going to happen, With respect if you really want to be like Leeds then erm....go and support Leeds

And you’ve got to be prepared to take your shirt off, twirl it around, while chanting “Yerksher! Yerksher!” until you get laryngitis or you die from hypothermia.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hate to say it but wish we could create something like that at home

Great atmosphere, all standing, 2-4 down in injury time and both ends behind the goal still full.

Feel dirty saying it but can't deny it. Proper old school game that one today

we will never generate the atmosphere that 30k plus fanatically pissed yorksher oiks can.

it would ruin the family image/marketing of the club.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

I had similar experience. A really disappointing atmosphere that day (going 1-0 down didn’t help) but it really was painful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Also as mentioned, if idiots are throwing stuff at players, there seems to be more of this happening recently, it’s just an idea to not celebrate in front of the away fans. There are also some players like Maupay that like to overplay things and wind up the away fans, yes it’s funny but I wouldn’t be laughing if he got a coin in his eye.

Obviously ban the idiots throwing stuff, but these people have to be identified first which isn’t always easy.

i do see where you are coming from, but to me at least, this seems like cutting out the symptom, and leaving the disease(bad analogy I know) but the argument to stop people throwing stuff at players is to remove the players from throwing distance taken to its extreme its a lets do away with racism in football by not having BAME players- whilst it would certainly stop the racist chanting at players its not the solution -I know you aren't suggesting anything like that-but thats where this dont celebrate goals if you are anywhere near opposition supporters ultimately leads,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports