Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds home crowd

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Hate to say it but wish we could create something like that at home

Great atmosphere, all standing, 2-4 down in injury time and both ends behind the goal still full.

Feel dirty saying it but can't deny it. Proper old school game that one today

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Great atmosphere, all standing, 2-4 down in injury time and both ends behind the goal still full.

The majority of the PL would quite like that to..including the club sitting at the top

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well the "only singing when winning"... it is a trend in football in many of the bigger leagues. Probably for a lot of reasons but I imagine the main one being money, it is very difficult to relate to the people on the pitch and feel like you're the twelfth player as you know they are living in an entirely different world.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Leeds support their clubs like it's a religion and it's tribal.

The same can be said of Newcastle.

To be fair it was their biggest game of the season- their cup final. Louder than most at theirs against us but never anything like that.

They are about the loudest at ours though, with Villa running them close.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd rather not have the atmosphere if it comes with people throwing stuff at 19 year olds for celebrating a goal

el punal

Okay, so their support was loud. They were playing Man Utd who Leeds fans hate with a vengeance so there was always going to be that incentive. I just wonder how much of that “passion” turns into something a bit more sinister after the final whistle. As you say - proper old school, never quite got my head round that one, for me it conjures up all the worst things of watching football in the 1980s.

We do create an atmosphere at home - when the occasion arises, and that applies to all clubs. Chelsea at home, for starters, was one of those. I somehow don’t think our performance against Burnley though warranted that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can't deny that they're passionate but today was the first time fans were at Elland Road to see Leeds play their rivals at home in the top flight for pretty much TWO DECADES.

They had good reason to get excited. Well, until the fourth went in.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'd rather not have the atmosphere if it comes with people throwing stuff at 19 year olds for celebrating a goal

Not that I agree with throwing stuff at players, but did the Man Utd players celebrate in front of the Leeds fans?
I think if idiots are chucking stuff, players should be celebrating in the middle of the pitch or in front of their own fans.
Burnley really milking it yesterday in the North West corner springs to mind.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not that I agree with throwing stuff at players, but did the Man Utd players celebrate in front of the Leeds fans?
I think if idiots are chucking stuff, players should be celebrating in the middle of the pitch or in front of their own fans.

The 3rd and 4th which are which the incidents happened were celebrated in front of their own travelling fans.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
To be fair it was their biggest game of the season- their cup final. Louder than most at theirs against us but never anything like that.

They are about the loudest at ours though, with Villa running them close.

This season they were terribly quiet at our place.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The 3rd and 4th which are which the incidents happened were celebrated in front of their own travelling fans.

I didn’t watch the game, sounds like they should definitely have celebrated in the middle of the pitch if the Leeds fans are luzzing experts

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Leeds support their clubs like it's a religion and it's tribal.

The same can be said of Newcastle.

Kind of, but the atmosphere at Elland Road is far better than that at St James'.

Elland Rd atmos is the best in the Prem imo - particularly loud today but it seems to be loud every time I watch them at home.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Because there is no way Maupay would run in front of the Palace fans cupping each ear after a 90 minute goal would he?

All teams celebrate goals, and if scored at the opposite end to their fans do you expect them to all run the length of the pitch before celebrating.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Kind of, but the atmosphere at Elland Road is far better than that at St James'.

Elland Rd atmos is the best in the Prem imo - particularly loud today but it seems to be loud every time I watch them at home.

Don’t forget that the Leeds fans have not had much of a chance to see their team in the EPL in front of a full house because of Covid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here