[Football] Leeds home crowd

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hate to say it but wish we could create something like that at home

Great atmosphere, all standing, 2-4 down in injury time and both ends behind the goal still full.

Feel dirty saying it but can't deny it. Proper old school game that one today

I really hate to say it but on MOTD today, the crowd at Selhurst was very loud too.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I really hate to say it but on MOTD today, the crowd at Selhurst was very loud too.

To be fair the atmosphere at the Amex really isn't too shabby either imo. Last couple of games (before yesterday shambles all round) were really good, and don't forget we've been starved of much success at home for a very long time now. There's a lot of PL grounds where the atmosphere is far worse than the amex in general

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
https://cdn.readeverything.co/wp-co...ans-scarves.jpg?width=1000&aspect_ratio=16:10
Health Warning: May contain thugs.

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to make that show as an image rather than just a link, I'd be grateful ..................

9E41741C-2D50-4EED-AB53-4A93989C3535.jpeg

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
That is why I mentioned the middle of the pitch…..hope this helps

not really- unless you want to take all the spontaneity and fun out of scoring goals-its bad enough with VAR but lets ban away players celebrating until they are in the centre circle furthest away from any home fans as they can be, and maybe give a quick handshake and smile-or would that be a bit too exuberant and upset the home fans to much ?

Players celebrating is all part of the game, our players do it, Maupay at Palace did it and we all loved it, the solution to complete idiots throwing things isnt to ban players , its to ban the muppets doing the throwing.

These pages are full of people complaining about lack of atmosphere- lets not take away one of the things that can get home and away supporters from making a great one

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hate to say it but wish we could create something like that at home

Great atmosphere, all standing, 2-4 down in injury time and both ends behind the goal still full.

Feel dirty saying it but can't deny it. Proper old school game that one today

1960, Elland Road average attendance in the old first division: 21877. Shitehouse.

Then they rose like a peacock to become the best side in England for almost ten years, innovative, hated outside Leeds by everyone, winners, legendary. They have been in a European cup final. They have won the top tier title several times. They are Northern.

We've got a long way to go to acquire the sort of cachet Leeds have, especially given our longstanding soft southern middle class resistance to lionizing our local club. We are 50 years behind Leeds in terms of creating a club of legend :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not that I agree with throwing stuff at players, but did the Man Utd players celebrate in front of the Leeds fans?
I think if idiots are chucking stuff, players should be celebrating in the middle of the pitch or in front of their own fans.
Burnley really milking it yesterday in the North West corner springs to mind.

There is no such thing as contributory negligence.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
not really- unless you want to take all the spontaneity and fun out of scoring goals-its bad enough with VAR but lets ban away players celebrating until they are in the centre circle furthest away from any home fans as they can be, and maybe give a quick handshake and smile-or would that be a bit too exuberant and upset the home fans to much ?

Players celebrating is all part of the game, our players do it, Maupay at Palace did it and we all loved it, the solution to complete idiots throwing things isnt to ban players , its to ban the muppets doing the throwing.

These pages are full of people complaining about lack of atmosphere- lets not take away one of the things that can get home and away supporters from making a great one

Also as mentioned, if idiots are throwing stuff at players, there seems to be more of this happening recently, it’s just an idea to not celebrate in front of the away fans. There are also some players like Maupay that like to overplay things and wind up the away fans, yes it’s funny but I wouldn’t be laughing if he got a coin in his eye.

Obviously ban the idiots throwing stuff, but these people have to be identified first which isn’t always easy.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not that I agree with throwing stuff at players, but did the Man Utd players celebrate in front of the Leeds fans?
I think if idiots are chucking stuff, players should be celebrating in the middle of the pitch or in front of their own fans.

Players celebrating in front of fans is part of the game part of the pantomime, at no time ever do they deserve to have their eyesight put at risk due to ***** who should not be allowed anywhere near a football stadium

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Players celebrating in front of fans is part of the game part of the pantomime, at no time ever do they deserve to have their eyesight put at risk due to ***** who should not be allowed anywhere near a football stadium

Spot on, was just about to say the same.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012

You cannot be serious? Players should be able to celebrate wherever the hell they like on the pitch without their physical safety being at risk

Just scored a last minute equaliser! Now hang on, best pause whilst I consider whether their supporters have previous for being total and utter *****. Ah yes, they are, better clap politely and return immediately to the centre circle for the restart :facepalm:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Of course and I agree, but due to the recent rise in the number of idiots throwing stuff ( monkey see, monkey do ) all I’m saying is maybe just don’t give it all that near the opposition’s fans.

I was watching MOTD recently, I can’t remember the match but a team scored, this teams fans were behind that goal and the opposition’s fans in the corner, the goal scorer ran and slid on his knees in front of the opposition’s fans……don’t give idiots a reason to throw stuff, or even worse at Forest when a Leicester fan started punching players.

Me posting my thoughts on here isn’t going to change stuff obviously.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Given we’re now supposed to be like the Leeds fans who’s bringing the coins to hurl at the opposition players heads?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You cannot be serious? Players should be able to celebrate wherever the hell they like on the pitch without their physical safety being at risk

Just scored a last minute equaliser! Now hang on, best pause whilst I consider whether their supporters have previous for being total and utter *****. Ah yes, they are, better clap politely and return immediately to the centre circle for the restart :facepalm:

Yes I’m serious, am I laughing?

As mentioned 3 million times on this thread, I DO NOT want to see players hurt because of the recent rise in idiots throwing stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports