Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds - Buckley

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I can't say I am suprised. Buckley's best performance was against Leeds last season.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sure, give us McCormack and he's all yours.

Edit: Infact, I'll chuck in CMS as well. They can have both of them for McCormack.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Leeds have a history of great transfers. Reminds of when they were negotiating with Seth Johnson and offered him £30k a week when he was only on £5k at Derby (and shit). Johnson was so shocked (he envisaged £20K a week max) he replied WHAT?? Thinking Johnson was unhappy they immediately turned round and offered him £35K a week.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This Buckley to Leeds rumour could, (if we can get the rumour mill buzzing enough) panic Gus into offering considerably more than Sunderland are rumoured to be offering?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Leeds have a history of great transfers. Reminds of when they were negotiating with Seth Johnson and offered him £30k a week when he was only on £5k at Derby (and shit). Johnson was so shocked (he envisaged £20K a week max) he replied WHAT?? Thinking Johnson was unhappy they immediately turned round and offered him £35K a week.

:lolol:

Mark Beeney? Inexplicably kept the club going.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
He is out with another hamstring injury
It might be his recent reluctance to run down the wing for us
was because he was nursing his hamstrings
you want January buys to be ready to play
Just cannot see any one wanting to spend big on Buckley now

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't see the club being happy with having ONE (very injury prone) winger left in the squad, when we need 3/4.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
He is out with another hamstring injury
It might be his recent reluctance to run down the wing for us
was because he was nursing his hamstrings
you want January buys to be ready to play
Just cannot see any one wanting to spend big on Buckley now

This is one of the worst limericks I've ever read.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Anyone thinking Buckley would poo poo a move to Leeds is deluded. They are a far bigger club than us, more passionate support and a more "Global" name.....more history and although they are having a mixed season you could see them going on a good run to be in the play-offs. Will the move come off though? I doubt it but if McCormack was offered as a swap I would be more than happy! Only he would probably see a move to Brighton as a sideways step at best and probably lower wages too!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
To stoke the rumours, Him, suitcase & girlfriend/wife were spotted on train heading north out of HH this morning.
Where was he going..Sunderland, Leeds or visiting friends/relations back home ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh no! Player with a few days off gets on train. He's gone.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
What is this rush to sell a player who is admittedly out of form for far less than his market value?

Buckley fit and playing well is worth £3/4m minimum. Yes he is injury prone, but he is one of our few players capable of playing above Championship level...

£3-4 Million?? Are you on drugs? I'm intrueged what you base that on....

The guy is never fully match fit or match sharp, in 18 months he's shown glimpses of the Buckley we saw in the first 6 months at the Amex.

He's got an injury problem that won't go away & Watford fans brought this to our attention. For me if we could get our money back for him and a little more to be able to bring in Conway then it'd represent good business as I fear he'll never fulfill his potential due to injuries.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Will Buckley. Plays no 33. Always injured. Looks like a village idiot.

watch it ....if you criticize players the mods and the ACTUAL village idiots will be harangueing you like a scene from "The Wicker man"

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Anyone thinking Buckley would poo poo a move to Leeds is deluded. They are a far bigger club than us, more passionate support and a more "Global" name.....more history and although they are having a mixed season you could see them going on a good run to be in the play-offs. Will the move come off though? I doubt it but if McCormack was offered as a swap I would be more than happy! Only he would probably see a move to Brighton as a sideways step at best and probably lower wages too!

started well ...he'll be off ...but the rest of your post is gash

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I can't say I am suprised. Buckley's best performance was against Leeds last season.

I thought he was best at Huddersfield. Could've easily had a hat-trick or more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here