Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lee Mason leaves PGMOL 'by mutual consent'

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Brooks should have gone too, even if he is only 31.what if we fail to qualify for Europe by 2 points?

Still its only little old Brighton
I don’t agree with this. Refereeing decisions have affected results since the beginning of football. The thing about VAR is that it doesn’t change anything ie it’s pointless. There will always be mistakes. The same people who couldn’t accept that before and agitated for the introduction of VAR are now the most vocal about recent VAR mistakes.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I don’t agree with this. Refereeing decisions have affected results since the beginning of football. The thing about VAR is that it doesn’t change anything ie it’s pointless. There will always be mistakes. The same people who couldn’t accept that before and agitated for the introduction of VAR are now the most vocal about recent VAR mistakes.
I agree VAR is pointless. It does not eradicate mistakes.
Locadia had a perfectly good goal chalked off against Millwall because of an off-side flag.But i was never an advocate of VAR. It is destroying football.

I just don't like the double-standards here. Still Arsenal are happy.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Locadia had a perfectly good goal chalked off against Millwall because of an off-side flag.But i was never an advocate og VAR. It is destroying football.

Arsenal are happy. As are the VAR puritans because the refs can still be blamed. Where does it all end though ? I can probably answer that with reference to where we are now with the refs abuse thread. This idea of driving standards higher by hammering the profession doesn’t work.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Locadia had a perfectly good goal chalked off against Millwall because of an off-side flag.But i was never an advocate of VAR. It is destroying football.

What are the double standard, Mason sacked and Brooke’s not?

Mason has a history of blunders, that’s why he was permanent VAR and not allowed outside anymore. Brooke’s can’t afford another one that’s for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here