Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lee Mason leaves PGMOL 'by mutual consent'

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
well at least a line has been drawn somewhere

and for those who will inevitably ask about Brooks, he is 20 years Mason's junior and far too early in his career for that. or at least that's the reasoning, I suppose

Is Brooks only 31? I'm OK with him getting another chance. Mason is a serial offender and should have gone years ago.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Somewhat galling that the BBC article makes no mention of BHA, purely that the decision was driven by the Arsenal v Brentford error.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Somewhat galling that the BBC article makes no mention of BHA, purely that the decision was driven by the Arsenal v Brentford error.
Arteta made a huge hoo hah about it, RDZ and the club accepted the apology. Might have something to do with it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Arteta made a huge hoo hah about it, RDZ and the club accepted the apology. Might have something to do with it.
Which is weird. Because imagine if it was Potter that said that (in fact he did based on the West Ham handball and got hammered for it)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not wanting to get too precious as I understand the media (i.e. BHA will never be profitable sexy clickbait so don’t bother mentioning them) but to not even put us as a footnote is pretty naff imho, the title of the article having ‘error’ used in the singular too. :)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Which is weird. Because imagine if it was Potter that said that (in fact he did based on the West Ham handball and got hammered for it)
Both Potter and RDZ accepted the error and didn’t kick off like Arteta though. Potter was criticised by Chelsea supporting media journalists for not making more than a sarcastic comment wasn’t he?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Error in our case was mostly the tech that put the lines on the screen, and VAR ref was not Mason, why would they mention BHAFC in Mason's departure?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do agree though absolutely no excuse for Mason mistake, he had to go after that. Ours not so much

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not wanting to get too precious as I understand the media (i.e. BHA will never be profitable sexy clickbait so don’t bother mentioning them) but to not even put us as a footnote is pretty naff imho, the title ‘error’ in the singular too. :)

Did Chelsea get a mention?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I’m not going to cheer someone losing their job, but Mason did seem to be prone to more than the occasional mistake.

Wish him and his family well for the future, and hope whoever replaces him has a keener eye and a greater head for detail.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dont want to see someone losing their job. Maybe they might find some sort of less front line position for him. But as others have said he does seem to be someone thats had more than a few blunders, and the recent one has no excuse other than being a bit shit.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I suspect it was Mason’s previous exploits that went against him. I don’t know, but maybe Mason not using the VAR lines when required to do so was arrogance and led to him having to leave and possibly the VAR official for Palace who used them incorrectly is now in retraining mode and the last chance saloon?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dont want to see someone losing their job. Maybe they might find some sort of less front line position for him. But as others have said he does seem to be someone thats had more than a few blunders, and the recent one has no excuse other than being a bit shit.
Whereas his replacement is guaranteed to not make an equal amount of blunders.

Cutting off one head doesn't kill Hydra.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here