[Albion] Lee Mason at it again

should welbeck have had a penalty?

• penalty

• no penalty

Results are only viewable after voting.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
it surely was except… it wasn’t - bizarre decision.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Haven't voted because I haven't seen it - just following the match via Johnny and Warren on the radio - but it seems that the only people who think it wasn't were the two PGMOL members who are stealing a living.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not sure why he didn't ask the ref to look at the screen?

It seems all the incompetant refs just move on to manning VAR. Given how many blatant errors he made in his career, it wasn't exactly a surprise he would get it wrong.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The defender was not close to the ball and he booted Welbeck. It was a stone wall pen. I am staggered it was not given. As they were in the sky sports studio. Rubbish defending. Missed ball. Kicked man hard.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
There is a problem in the rules in that playing advantage is not compatible with VAR only overruling for a clear and obvious error.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Video of the incident?

I missed the start of the second half but interesting that Glenn Murray who was (annoyingly :smile:) very balanced in his commentary had no doubt that it was a penalty

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There is a problem in the rules in that playing advantage is not compatible with VAR only overruling for a clear and obvious error.
Agree. If the referee is letting the play go on because of giving advantage to the side that was offended then the VAR should be able to give a penalty back if he feels the advantage was not to be given.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Highlights now up on Sky. Welbeck clearly kicked. If Mason can't see that. he should be banned.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The defender even apologised to Welbs for kicking him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here