Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Cattermole

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Fair enough .. so you know what you're getting and I assume Poyet does. Picking a player that you know is going to get 2 reds a season sounds like (pretty well) 2 nailed on losses

As may be shown by their current league position, Sunderland are not blessed with many alternative options in that position until the transfer window opens, hence why Poyet is required to place his trust in someone who has a long-standing record of indiscipline.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As may be shown by their current league position, Sunderland are not blessed with many alternative options in that position until the transfer window opens, hence why Poyet is required to place his trust in someone who has a long-standing record of indiscipline.

I'm not familiar enough with their sqaud but if they only have one player that can fit that role and it's Cattermole then I'd be horrified. Not saying you are wrong but I'd have assumed they had some options.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
He's 3 games into managing the club and the transfer window is closed. Until January, he has to make do with the players he has inherited, faults and all. If Poyet views Cattermole as too much of a liability then in January expect him to buy an anchoring midfielder. The worrying part there is that Liam Bridcutt would fit the bill.

now don't go putting ideas into his head ffs !

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Losing at Hull today shows that Sunderland have no chance of staying up this season and the only good thing is that there win last week dumped Palace at the bottom

Great analysis there, exactly why does it mean that, Sunderland were all over them for the final 30 mins but with 2 less players. This thread is about Cattermole who should not have been sent off, the other most certainly was a sending off

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6013839 said:
Yes, thank you. I am aware of Cattermole's shocking disciplinary record. But anyone who know's anything about football will also know that teams playing under Gus have a shocking disciplinary records.

Really? Was our record that bad in League One? Was it that bad last season in the Championship?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Great analysis there, exactly why does it mean that, Sunderland were all over them for the final 30 mins but with 2 less players. This thread is about Cattermole who should not have been sent off, the other most certainly was a sending off

Because beanbrain it means you are 3 points further away from a team before the season was one of the favourites to be bottom 3, have you worked out exactly how many points you need per game to stay up yet ?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

25 shots to 9, SEVENTY percent possession suggests you were not all over them.

A challenge that splits someone's boot is good enough for a red card.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Can't believe some people still love poyet after he threatened to sue the club, he's finally at a prem club and I really hope they go down

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
25 shots to 9, SEVENTY percent possession suggests you were not all over them.

A challenge that splits someone's boot is good enough for a red card.

I said the last half an hour, we had most of the chances at the end, its hard to have any possession with 9!

That was a shocker of a challenge and I agree with most that say they hope he never wears the shirt again, catts was no where near a red, a yellow but the player dived and held his knee when he missed him anyway and it would have been his foot

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Because beanbrain it means you are 3 points further away from a team before the season was one of the favourites to be bottom 3, have you worked out exactly how many points you need per game to stay up yet ?

Yes and it does not look good but we are not a million miles from the team 4th from bottom

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Cattermole's was definitely a red. The only thing to say was that Robbie Brady should also have been sent off for Hull for a not dissimilar challenge in the 2nd half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here