Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Lee Anderson goes full Oswald Mosely

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
What does that mean exactly and when do you want to go back to?

Scurvy, outside toilet’s, being able to put ‘No blacks, no Irish, no dogs’ signs in your window and not be told off by the woke army, Jim Davidson on the TV, an Empire who nodded in acknowledgment to there superiors when you go to Magaloof. Blue passports and Austin Alegros.

Thinks which make you pruod to be english, not to much too ask is it? 🧐

Regards

DF

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Scurvy, outside toilet’s, being able to put ‘No blacks, no Irish, no dogs’ signs in your window and not be told off by the woke army, Jim Davidson on the TV, an Empire who nodded in acknowledgment to there superiors when you go to Magaloof. Blue passports and Austin Alegros.

Thinks which make you pruod to be english, not to much too ask is it? 🧐

Regards

DF

Don't forget being able to travel down to Stonehenge on St George's Day and scrawl "I shagged Tracey" on one of the stones with a marker pen.

Simple pleasures erased from our lives by wokery and the Cultural Marxist take over of the druid movement.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is he a “fascist” though? I really don’t know enough about him and any statements/actions he may have made to prove this.

“Fascist” doesn’t mean “racist arsehole”, it means, well, fascist. Which is a very different thing.

Fascism relies on a cult on personality; he frankly has none. He isn’t going to win hearts and minds with popular rhetoric to appeal to the masses. Everyone thinks he’s a tosser.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Political theorising about the meaning of ’fascism’ doesn’t really matter when you have the emergence of popular far right ideology pervading main stream British politics (ahead of the Lib Dems and Greens) and aligning itself to a right wing Presidential nominee in the US who won’t accept democratic results and would advocate violence to achieve his aims. I suspect, compared to the US though, there is a limit to how far a group, who has at its core, vile rascist, xenophobic, social misfits and consummate political failures, can actually go in gaining widespread popular support in this Country.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Photo-choosing manipulation apparently!
Haven’t we been here before with ‘Make Britain Great‘ when they get a taste of power? - oh hang on, I’m getting confused with the US right wing conspiracists, Make America Great Again. Yet lying about crowd sizes seems to be an infectious pathology that the hard right seem particularly vulnerable to …

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
In the England I grew up in there was, as far as I can recall, little or no hatred. OK, maybe the Mods and the Rockers didn't get on so well! So where exactly has all the hatred that we now see and hear about every day originated from?
I would say a large proportion has come from the last 13 years being dominated by a government that makes it's policy stoking up division and culture wars. It defines itself by driving a schism down the middle of the country in the name of, well, all the things you put in your earlier post.

• He wants his country back. So do we all. This is not the same country we enjoyed growing up in a few decades back - Brexit's meat and drink propaganda. No real content and a key part of Farage's schtick. Not many people generally thought they'd "lost" their country until 2016. Since the Brexiteers "won", the country appears to be more "lost" if these people are to be believed but, of course, that's the fault of everybody else.
  • He is concerned about immigration both legal and illegal. So should we all be. - This government's personal vendetta. Stop the boats is a problem that was rarely in the public eye pre-2010 and became another dog whistle during the Brexit campaign. Illegal immigration has become FAR worse under this government.
  • He wants to be able to speak his mind. Everyone should be able to speak his/her mind. If you don't agree then don't listen. - Speaking your mind is fine, having consequences for saying racist, homophobic, sexist, misogynistic, islamophobic, anti-semitic etc etc things has always been there. It's just now people are emboldened into saying these things in public rather than in their own homes. Freedom of speech is great, but freedom from consequences isn't
  • He is concerned about the London Mayor. So should we all be wherever we live. The man does everything he can to antagonize Londoners and everyone who visits our capital city. - Unless you live in London, where a) his approval ratings are very strong and b) he's very likely to be re-elected by the people of London. Anderson claims to speak on behalf of Londoners, but in truth has another agenda. Maybe the one that got him booted from the Tory party perhaps?
  • He is concerned about the massive rise in shoplifting which the police seem to ignore. Tough to argue with that. - Between 2010-2018 police staffing has drastically reduced every year under his government's watch. Only recently have they started to reinvest. Shoplifting is bad, maybe don't savage the police with cuts then?
  • He is concerned about people living here who hate our way of life. Who is going to argue with that? - Again, more Brexit twaddle. Who are these people? Where are these people? The people who make the most noise about "hating the state of the UK" are guess who? People like Anderson
  • He worries about the culture war and people trying to erase our history. So am I and millions of others. - See my original point. If you don't like the culture war, Lee, stop pouring petrol on the fire.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Go back to your constituencies and prepare for power!
Pedant alert, it was actually 'prepare for government'.;)

I'd imagine on the day we have the David Steel RIP thread, that particular Tv clip will be right across the media.

What probably won't get mentioned so much is the protection he gave the paedo in plain sight, Cyril Smith. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pedant alert, it was actually 'prepare for government'.;)

I'd imagine on the day we have the David Steel RIP thread, that particular Tv clip will be right across the media.

What probably won't get mentioned so much is the protection he gave the paedo in plain sight, Cyril Smith. :facepalm:
1710766403513.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have just listened again to Lee Anderson's remarks at the press conference when he announced his defection to Reform UK. Quite frankly it is very very difficult to disagree with anything he said.

He wants his country back. So do we all. This is not the same country we enjoyed growing up in a few decades back.

He is concerned about immigration both legal and illegal. So should we all be.

He wants to be able to speak his mind. Everyone should be able to speak his/her mind. If you don't agree then don't listen.

He is concerned about the London Mayor. So should we all be wherever we live. The man does everything he can to antagonize Londoners and everyone who visits our capital city.

He is concerned about the massive rise in shoplifting which the police seem to ignore. Tough to argue with that.

He is concerned about people living here who hate our way of life. Who is going to argue with that?

He worries about the culture war and people trying to erase our history. So am I and millions of others.

Sound to me as though the guy speaks a lot of common sense. Extreme? No.
I grew up in 70s. Whilst the feeling of less regulated times is something I would like to feel now, I think we live in a far better and maturer society.

In the 70s, the media ran ragged and destroyed people's lives. Their influence was huge and we saw nothing of the corruption and collusions at the highest level. The prejudice in society was rife. Would anyone want to be disabled back then ? A child of colour would get routine abuse and little would be done to address it. The police would simply dismiss assaults on gay people, sometimes fitting them up, sometimes doing the assaults themselves. The police were massively corrupt- Stefan Kiszco ? Just the tip of the iceberg.

That's just a small listing. Before we even head to our favourite subject of football...

No, it wasn't better. There were things that perhaps were in isolation, and simpler. But it really, really wasn't better. Today's society has its ills. Not least the murky waters of online living. But society is trying to address injustice in a way that it has never done before. Over compensating at times ? Perhaps. But still a so much better reflection of values and standards.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I grew up in 70s. Whilst the feeling of less regulated times is something I would like to feel now, I think we live in a far better and maturer society.

In the 70s, the media ran ragged and destroyed people's lives. Their influence was huge and we saw nothing of the corruption and collusions at the highest level. The prejudice in society was rife. Would anyone want to be disabled back then ? A child of colour would get routine abuse and little would be done to address it. The police would simply dismiss assaults on gay people, sometimes fitting them up, sometimes doing the assaults themselves. The police were massively corrupt- Stefan Kiszco ? Just the tip of the iceberg.

That's just a small listing. Before we even head to our favourite subject of football...

No, it wasn't better. There were things that perhaps were in isolation, and simpler. But it really, really wasn't better. Today's society has its ills. Not least the murky waters of online living. But society is trying to address injustice in a way that it has never done before. Over compensating at times ? Perhaps. But still a so much better reflection of values and standards.
Take on board what you say.

Out of interest where do you see the UK:

In 5 years?

10 years?

And 25 years?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

In 5 years?

10 years?

And 25 years?
Well I suspect I won't see some of that. Not to suggest I shouldn't try to answer.

I do think that we as people are more socially conscious but the voices we hear loudest are extreme. Most folk are good.

In footballing terms, the reason why we are here, I think the experience is the best it's been. I really, really don't miss the old days.

In social terms, I believe we don't have so much of a muti-cultural society as a plural form of mono-culturalism. This will and has presented problems that we already see. But the term is not exclusively delineated by race and religion, there are sub cultures within all groups and it has caused problems, well, since forever.

I have faith in society though. Most folk agree that our laws are good, that we are more reasoned in our thinking now, and I suspect that the biggest concerns are making ends meet.

My concern is that we seem to exclude sensible discourse and consensus at times on issues that affect us. It goes back to my comment about the voices of extremes. When the folk give up such dialogue, those voices tend to flourish.

I honestly don't know how we're going to look in 5, 10, 25 years time, Ian. All we can do is try and be decent hearted folk. And I do think we're better at that now.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley

In 5 years?

10 years?

And 25 years?
going on current spreading rates at the mid-Atlantic Ridge, we shall be:
5 yrs: 10 cm further from America
10 years: 20 cm further from America
25 yrs: 50 cm further from America

Although if Trumpy boy gets in, I reckon we'll be a damned sight further detached than we have ever been relationship wise!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have just listened again to Lee Anderson's remarks at the press conference when he announced his defection to Reform UK. Quite frankly it is very very difficult to disagree with anything he said.

He wants his country back. So do we all. This is not the same country we enjoyed growing up in a few decades back. Meaningless fluff

He is concerned about immigration both legal and illegal. So should we all be. Anderson's was in power for 14 years and that party are responsible for this more than any other party.

He wants to be able to speak his mind. Everyone should be able to speak his/her mind. If you don't agree then don't listen. Nobody has ever stopped anybody speaking their mind. But when it's bollocks, expect to be called out for it.

He is concerned about the London Mayor. So should we all be wherever we live. The man does everything he can to antagonize Londoners and everyone who visits our capital city. Antagonize? You mean "be elected over and over again". The right love to moan about London knife crime when the reality is that it is no worse in London than anywhere else. It's down to a lack of police resource. Blame the Tories.

He is concerned about the massive rise in shoplifting which the police seem to ignore. Tough to argue with that. If only his party had had 14 years to improve the law and address this, rather than squabble over Brexit and run the country into the ground.

He is concerned about people living here who hate our way of life. Who is going to argue with that? Nobody will argue with that. He may as well have said "I hate murderers". Nobody would argue with that either, and that's about as relevant.

He worries about the culture war and people trying to erase our history. So am I and millions of others. He's an idiot, and so are you. Societal attitudes change and always have. Slavery isn't a source of pride anymore.

Sound to me as though the guy speaks a lot of common sense. Extreme? No. He's a nob who appeals to life's thickest people.

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I would say a large proportion has come from the last 13 years being dominated by a government that makes it's policy stoking up division and culture wars. It defines itself by driving a schism down the middle of the country in the name of, well, all the things you put in your earlier post.

• He wants his country back. So do we all. This is not the same country we enjoyed growing up in a few decades back - Brexit's meat and drink propaganda. No real content and a key part of Farage's schtick. Not many people generally thought they'd "lost" their country until 2016. Since the Brexiteers "won", the country appears to be more "lost" if these people are to be believed but, of course, that's the fault of everybody else.
  • He is concerned about immigration both legal and illegal. So should we all be. - This government's personal vendetta. Stop the boats is a problem that was rarely in the public eye pre-2010 and became another dog whistle during the Brexit campaign. Illegal immigration has become FAR worse under this government.
  • He wants to be able to speak his mind. Everyone should be able to speak his/her mind. If you don't agree then don't listen. - Speaking your mind is fine, having consequences for saying racist, homophobic, sexist, misogynistic, islamophobic, anti-semitic etc etc things has always been there. It's just now people are emboldened into saying these things in public rather than in their own homes. Freedom of speech is great, but freedom from consequences isn't
  • He is concerned about the London Mayor. So should we all be wherever we live. The man does everything he can to antagonize Londoners and everyone who visits our capital city. - Unless you live in London, where a) his approval ratings are very strong and b) he's very likely to be re-elected by the people of London. Anderson claims to speak on behalf of Londoners, but in truth has another agenda. Maybe the one that got him booted from the Tory party perhaps?
  • He is concerned about the massive rise in shoplifting which the police seem to ignore. Tough to argue with that. - Between 2010-2018 police staffing has drastically reduced every year under his government's watch. Only recently have they started to reinvest. Shoplifting is bad, maybe don't savage the police with cuts then?
  • He is concerned about people living here who hate our way of life. Who is going to argue with that? - Again, more Brexit twaddle. Who are these people? Where are these people? The people who make the most noise about "hating the state of the UK" are guess who? People like Anderson
  • He worries about the culture war and people trying to erase our history. So am I and millions of others. - See my original point. If you don't like the culture war, Lee, stop pouring petrol on the fire.
Excellent post 👏🏼

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it wasn't for Brexit, Tice would be comedy gold.

Alan Partridge esq.
Tice? Amusing, but not likeable.

A bit like me :lolol:

(apart from the likeable bit, obvs)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here