Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving early!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Left on full time whistle upper west . Waited for some mates having a piss. Casually wandered down to the station and obviously hit a que.

Within 15 mins was on a train .

No problems with trains at all

Sorry, find that hard to believe. Especially the casually wandering bit. You'd most likely be trampled underfoot by the stampeding herd for the cattle trucks :moo:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
North and East 1.jpg

One or two spaces at 90 mins.....tut tut

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Makes it easier for the fans that stay till the end to get out. How considerate of you.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Left on 89 mins, ran for the train, was home at just past 5 and only missed 10 minutes of the Scotland v England Six Nations.

Something wrong with that?

Frankly, I don't care if people leave early. I'll care more when they don't start turning up. Anyone who pays their cash and wants to support the team in their way should be made welcome.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Such a boring subject instigated by small minded morons that have nothing better to do than bother other people, living thier lives who's actions effects no one but themself's

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Someone behind us got up on 62 minutes saying that she was taking her son home because he was getting wet?????????

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I can understand it, especially with young kids who don't need to be waiting for ages in long queues at night games.

But I do honestly believe that it hurts the team, especially in a game like yesterday's. Others might not agree, but I think if you have all 26,000 people creating an incredible atmosphere chasing an equaliser or a winner, it is more likely to come. The other team feels under pressure, the ref might give a close call - having 5,000-plus heading home is not helping the team's cause.

Not having a go at the individuals, it is more the club and the transport infrastructure. It has to be good enough to let people watch the whole game and not feel it is going to cost them hours.

Uh huh 26,000 people you say. Riiiiight. If there was 26k there yesterday I'll change my babe to Zsa Zsa Gabor!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Can't be bothered to read all this again, but just to say that there are more 8 car trains now and the queues clear more quickly. I mention that because if you leave early you wouldn't know that.

PG

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
My name is Steve and I am an early leaver

I am currently undertaking the early leaver recovery and rehabilitation programme.

As certain posts confirm this is a vile habit and I am a scourge on footballing society.

I have seen the pain that I cause to fellow human beings by leaving early and feel deeply ashamed.

D

Deleted User X18H

The queues at Brighton station for the West Coastway are horrific every home game. I have to pick my way through to get to my Preston Park train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here