Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving early!

We could do pies,atmo or poyet if you like,they say there are only three threads on nsc all the others are imitations:moo:

Would you like me to start a Palace attendance thread ? They go down quite well.:ban:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It annoys me at the time but in the cold light of day people can leave whenever they like. It is not like those that stayed were roaring the team on throughout the match.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i stay right up till final whistle and clap the players off the pitch and i still get home is a reasonable time so don't see why people leave early and i feel everyone should stay till the end and support the team

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i stay right up till final whistle and clap the players off the pitch and i still get home is a reasonable time so don't see why people leave early and i feel everyone should stay till the end and support the team

I don't leave early either, but not everyone lives in the same place / uses the same transport so can't really comment on why people leave early.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If everybody left at the same time it would take even longer to get home. The early leavers actually do a favour to everyone who stays until the end, so I wouldn't knock them too much.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah! If you can't be bothered to stay until the very end then stay at home. Keep your ticket money! Spend it on something else. We don't need your type of ticket sales at the Albion.

Oh, er, hang on. We do.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I can understand it, especially with young kids who don't need to be waiting for ages in long queues at night games.

But I do honestly believe that it hurts the team, especially in a game like yesterday's. Others might not agree, but I think if you have all 26,000 people creating an incredible atmosphere chasing an equaliser or a winner, it is more likely to come. The other team feels under pressure, the ref might give a close call - having 5,000-plus heading home is not helping the team's cause.

Not having a go at the individuals, it is more the club and the transport infrastructure. It has to be good enough to let people watch the whole game and not feel it is going to cost them hours.

How did it hurt the team last night? 85 mins people start leaving 89 mins Andrews scores most of the early leavers have gone and we score, and countless other times we have scored in the last few minutes. If it made a difference, surely we would not score any goals after 85 mins. If anything you could argue that when the stadium starts to empty, we play better and get goals.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How did it hurt the team last night? 85 mins people start leaving 89 mins Andrews scores most of the early leavers have gone and we score, and countless other times we have scored in the last few minutes. If it made a difference, surely we would not score any goals after 85 mins. If anything you could argue that when the stadium starts to empty, we play better and get goals.

Try not to be too simplistic. I'm not talking about one night and one match. I'm talking about the accumulated effect, over seasons, of this phenomenon. And even last night as a one-off, how do you know we wouldn't have won the game with total support until the end?

We don't operate in a vacuum, look around you at other clubs. Home teams with fantastic support until the whistle get late goals. It happens.

I can't take anyone seriously who says it is better to chase a game in front of a rapidly emptying stadium than a full one.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

But what about the ones who rush to get their burgers, pies and beers 5-10 min before half time? Is that any different?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If they go early and miss goals then tough shit for them, it's their own fault.

Person next to me left 2 minutes before our equaliser and said "This is a load of shit, we're never going to score" !!

I would like to point out that I sometimes leave early, sometimes I stay until the end and once I even left at half time.

Bad fan.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
The buses were a bigger problem getting to the ground last night than returning.

I wonder how many missed the goal?

TB

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Wahey, another one crossed off the post-match thread bingo card.

Only standing, attendance and 'Barber out' needed for the full house.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I always do on the Saturday games and I agree with the sentiment that we should where possible do that but it i smore difficult at night games when you live elsewhere. I live in Crystal Palace and have to get to Croydon and then a bus. If I miss the 10:19 it's a nightmare.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bloke behind me left early last night and it was brilliant. 5 minutes respite from his incessant negative drivel and the great satisfaction of knowing he'd missed the only thing worth seeing.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Now I remember why my NSC interest ebbs and flows. It's like fecking Groundhog Day round here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I left early for only the second time in years last night, not that it did me any good I got gridlocked in BF and I missed the goal.

I was shocked at how many people were streaming out on 85 mins, in fact so many had left as I got to BF that when we scored I just assumed it was a second for Wednesday as the cheers did not sound loud enough for the home team scoring.

Won't ever leave early again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here