Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving Early

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is the definitive fact. There are a lot of new Albion 'followers' not 'supporters'. Those 'followers' will leave early in many cases, the loyal 'supporters' will stay to the end.

It's simple and once understood, is easier to accept.

Too simplistic a dichotomy.

I know a family who are 1901ers, who have watched almost every Albion game home and away for 40 years, including every visit to Carlisle, Darlington, Hartlepool, Plymouth. They had always stayed to the bitter end.

In contrast, at the Amex they always leave at approx 75 mins, to be able to get out of Bennetts Field car park without having to wait for the buses in the jam.

They too have been sucked into the stampede.

Another decision, stemming from the logistics of getting 28,000 away from a small out of town site.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The chaps in front have missed every single goal from 80 mins onwards, right from Donny through to yesterday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am in the East stand upper, and most of the morons who sit near me seem to be more bothered about catching the bus home than supporting our team. There is a whole family with front row seats that all get up with ten minutes left and file out like lemmings every game without fail. Also a granny who sits next to my missus and doesn't even clap when we score.
She don't even stand up when the teams come on the pitch. What a waste of money. I do try to swear and shout just so they might move seats next year, ha ha

How dare you. That's my great aunt Maud, a fan since 1898 starting with Brighton United FC. it's the arthritis that prevents her from clapping and standing.

She's also deaf, so can't hear your noise, so unfortunately you are lumbered with her until she meets her maker.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
As people stream out i like to shout "Lookout!!! There's a GAME ON behind you!" as it amuses me (and me only) immensely.

Seriously though, could club officials not poll/ask people on the way and and find out WHY they're leaving early and just MAYBE address particular issues, which I assume are transport related. Maybe there is nothing that could be changed but maybe there is.

FWI, I've never left before final whistle and i hate people doing so, but we did use to JOG at final whistle to catch the H or S bus - however, now that they have made these double deckers we no longer need to rush as we always get one ok. Which is marvellous.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I'm astounded as to how much this affects some people....

It doesn't affect you.....
It has nothing to do with you....
You can't change it....

It's embarrassing how people get so upset by it and feel the need to vent their disapproval on here. Loooool

Perhaps they just like to let others know how much of a "loyal supporter" they are...

Last edited:

raycoppin

Raycoppin
Nov 16, 2012
Bognor Regis
Oh dear God West stander. I apologise profusely. Next home game I will say a prayer to her powdering bones and beg for forgiveness. I will even wheel her to the lift and tip her in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here