Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving Early

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Barber should get the message and listen to the fans. Clearly the game goes on for too long. We should stop at 80 minutes like rugby. You don't get them leaving early or sshouting at refs.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Is there any ground in the country where this doesn't happen? The Amex is no better or worse than any others. It's never going to change.

D

Deleted member 18477

hahaha says someone with 5853 post on a internet site :)next time i will my post my current job situation and the state of my finances ! Idiots

no. as in.. not giving a shit what others do stupid! as in not caring if others leave early as it has no impact on my life whatsoever!

MintonNo.4

Sep 4, 2011
I understand why most leave early but the bloke in front of me left his seat on 31 mins in the first half (didnt return till 51 mins) and on 78 mins in the second half. Why bother if the most important thing is getting a beer at half time and getting home early?????

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
No need to leave early yesterday. My brother's girlfriend left after full time (as usual) and said she got on a bus straight away with no trouble, mainly because a lot of fans had opted to stay behind and watch the grand national race.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This is the definitive fact. There are a lot of new Albion 'followers' not 'supporters'. Those 'followers' will leave early in many cases, the loyal 'supporters' will stay to the end.

It's simple and once understood, is easier to accept.

Nonsense. Middlesbrough is arguably the test of any Albion fans 'loyalty' and people were streaming out of there with 5 minutes to go last season. For some reason people find it acceptable to leave early from football with the mindset that nothing will change. We know how untrue that is yet people still do it.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The 3 in front of me didn't come back for the 2nd half. The youngest of the 3 left on 35 minutes, they were all plastered at kick off, think they had borrowed the tickets off family as they weren't the usual group

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I used to get pissed off every home game about people leaving early....now I get more pissed off the day after every home game opening NSC and finding another thread entitled "Leaving Early":ffsparr:

Its a free world, live with it.

raycoppin

Raycoppin
Nov 16, 2012
Bognor Regis
totally agree with you

with nyou
I'd love to know what there was to do in Brighton & Hove between 5pm & 6pm it must be something very special to justify the people streaming out of the game on the 85th min (sometimes 10 mins before the end of the game). The team were desperate for our suppport yesterday and it really annoys me to see the ground empty like it does, transport is spot on now and there really is no reason at all to leave early. I was so happy that so many missed our equalising goal but then disapointed yet again as more decided to leave once we had made it 1-1.

raycoppin

Raycoppin
Nov 16, 2012
Bognor Regis
I am in the East stand upper, and most of the morons who sit near me seem to be more bothered about catching the bus home than supporting our team. There is a whole family with front row seats that all get up with ten minutes left and file out like lemmings every game without fail. Also a granny who sits next to my missus and doesn't even clap when we score.
She don't even stand up when the teams come on the pitch. What a waste of money. I do try to swear and shout just so they might move seats next year, ha ha

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
not quite sure why anyone would think i am Dick when i say i don't like seeing our fantatstic ground emptying with 10 mins to go with us 1 nil down in what Gus called the most mportant fixture since 1991. I left at the end and was straight on a bus and back at preston park by 5.20. If it was transport chaos i'd fully understand but Forest last week was a nightmare to get away from but their stadium was still Full on 90th min when they scored. If loads are going to give up with 10 mins to go its just bizzare to me.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
I'd love to know what there was to do in Brighton & Hove between 5pm & 6pm it must be something very special to justify the people streaming out of the game on the 85th min (sometimes 10 mins before the end of the game). The team were desperate for our suppport yesterday and it really annoys me to see the ground empty like it does, transport is spot on now and there really is no reason at all to leave early. I was so happy that so many missed our equalising goal but then disapointed yet again as more decided to leave once we had made it 1-1.

Get over it

Some people would just like to get home quicker and miss the crowds

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
not quite sure why anyone would think i am Dick when i say i don't like seeing our fantatstic ground emptying with 10 mins to go with us 1 nil down in what Gus called the most mportant fixture since 1991. I left at the end and was straight on a bus and back at preston park by 5.20. If it was transport chaos i'd fully understand but Forest last week was a nightmare to get away from but their stadium was still Full on 90th min when they scored. If loads are going to give up with 10 mins to go its just bizzare to me.

If it was the most important fixture since 1991 it clearly wasn't conveyed to the players in a way that they understood :lol:

I left in injury time yesterday as my 10 yr old was nervous about the leicester "fans" we encountered at home last season.

Some of us have a little further to go than Preston park, and everyone has the right to leave if/when they want - try putting your angst into supporting the team?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think Tony bloom should deploy an elite sniper squad on gun turrets surrounding the ground and opening fire on anyone leaving in the 85th minute, let's then see how many early leavers start heading for the exits

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think Tony bloom should deploy an elite sniper squad on gun turrets surrounding the ground and opening fire on anyone leaving in the 85th minute, let's then see how many early leavers start heading for the exits

If they shoot as badly as the team they will never hit the target:guns:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Get over it

Some people would just like to get home quicker and miss the crowds

Spot on!

People will do what they want to do, when they want to do it! If they miss a late goal, they can watch it later on the telly! No amount of 'support the team' dribbling on here will ever change their reasoning.

To those who it bothers, move on with your lives! Far more important things to worry about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here