Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Least favorite things so far this season

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Mine would have to be the inevitable half time score read out of - Brighton and Hove Albion 0!!!!! How many times have we had that this season, maybe not as many as i think but it seems a common pattern to me.

You're wrong it's more than you think...try and recall the date a current squad player scored at home in a league match in the first half hour?
I ask every fortnight but no'one knows the answer it seems...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The amount of people that will quite happily moan about ANYTHING! If the club send you and email, moan. They try and give away free stuff, moan. The transport, moan. Trying to improve the time it takes to get away from The Amex, moan. It is without doubt ridiculous!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You're wrong it's more than you think...try and recall the date a current squad player scored at home in a league match in the first half hour?
I ask every fortnight but no'one knows the answer it seems...

We know the answer: 24th August 2013 v Bunley - Crofts (he may not be fit, but he is a member of the Squad). Before that, Blackpool and Wolves (Buckley and Lualua respectively) in the last two home games of last season. We just thought you were simply trying to make a point and didn't expect the actual answer.

(Of course, this ignores the Reading one a couple of weeks ago, as that was an own goal, and Leicester because they were Barnes and Conway who are no Longer with us, and couple of away games)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bloody hell: if you win a cheeseburger on a McDonald's scratchcard, do you moan because they haven't offered you the cost of the petrol to return to the drive-thru next time?

How miserable are you when you win NOTHING, I ask myself?

I'll tell you exactly how miserable I am when I win NOTHING. LESS miserable. Exact wording on 'INSTANT PRIZE WIN' card says 'DICKS BAR Free hot/soft drink on non match-day'. If I win nothing I don't temporarily hate the club. With that piss-poor 'prize' I actively DO temporarily hate them. I repeat: PATHETIC DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO COVER IT :nono:

But fair play for your knee-jerk defence of the near-indefensible :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The amount of people that will quite happily moan about ANYTHING! If the club send you and email, moan. They try and give away free stuff, moan. The transport, moan. Trying to improve the time it takes to get away from The Amex, moan. It is without doubt ridiculous!

OK, send us your address by PM and I'll happily send you my voucher for a 'DICKS BAR Free hot/soft drink on non match-day'. I'll stick it in an envelope and put a first-class stamp on if you'll pay for your own transport costs of going and claiming it. Deal?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
OK, send us your address by PM and I'll happily send you my voucher for a 'DICKS BAR Free hot/soft drink on non match-day'. I'll stick it in an envelope and put a first-class stamp on if you'll pay for your own transport costs of going and claiming it. Deal?

That's fine. I work next to the Amex so it would cost me nothing anyway.

Why don't you use your voucher at the same time as visiting the museum or club shop?

If you won a free beer in a pub would you also moan about having to get there?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
My least favourite things are the loan strikers who don't strike. How many goals have they actually scored for us and at what cost!!!!

Who decides these players are the ones we need when we have had striker crisis (singular, plural or both?).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Why don't you use your voucher at the same time as visiting the museum or club shop?

Woopie-do's you're in about a dozen people out of 29,000 'attendance' who works next to the Amex. Well done. I used my once a year visit to the museum up last week. Even if I didn't, there's no way I'd be making a special non-matchday visit to the Amex for any reason at all, least of all for a 'free hot/soft drink' . Same as about 29,000 others that were there on Saturday that don't work next to the Amex. Face it, it's a cynical non-prize, and anyone who tries to defend it is just demeaning themselves frankly.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Have you thought that maybe they are trying to get the number of non matchday visits up? Like every other business trying to get more people in, they are giving you something FOR FREE in the hope that you'll go along, maybe even bring someone with you, and spend a bit extra cash.

If this is not something that you have any interest in doing then that is ok, nobody is forcing you to go. I don't understand why you are so angry about being given something FOR FREE!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My friend won a free hot dog, on closer inspection it was shown to be 50% off a hot dog. He has no interest in buying a hot dog, so won't use it. It's not a big deal to him. £1 on the ticket that promises nothing, gives you a prize you don't particularly want, why make a big deal over it? Why not offer it to a friend who goes more often? Sell to someone who is going it for the equivalent of whatever drink or just £1 to get your hattrick money back if it means that much to you.

Why didn't you use the voucher yesterday while you were there? Is it only redeemable on non-match days?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have you thought that maybe they are trying to get the number of non matchday visits up? Like every other business trying to get more people in, they are giving you something FOR FREE in the hope that you'll go along, maybe even bring someone with you, and spend a bit extra cash.

If this is not something that you have any interest in doing then that is ok, nobody is forcing you to go. I don't understand why you are so angry about being given something FOR FREE!!!

Like I say, PM us yer address and you're welcome to it (transport costs not included). FILL YER BOOTS!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The fact that the football we are playing is no different to what we were playing before. When we was promised something else.

The fact that England still contains people who didn't learn when to use 'was' and when to use 'were' at 7 years old.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Derby,
Ipswich,
A few of our signings

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

The fact is a 'free soft or hot drink in Dicks bar on a non match day' is a blatant attempt to get some between fixture revenue from the likelihood you may buy something to go with it. A free pint however is a totally different matter.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The fact is a 'free soft or hot drink in Dicks bar on a non match day' is a blatant attempt to get some between fixture revenue from the likelihood you may buy something to go with it. A free pint however is a totally different matter.

I know that's the reason why they have done it. I also don't see why a free pint would be different?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
A pint is worth more than a soft drink. That's why it's not a free pint in Dicks Bar.

So if the prize was worth £1.50 more then everyone would be happy? Even if it was still on a non match day?

Like I've said plenty of times, if you don't wish to take up your prize then that is totally fine. You wouldn't be upsetting anyone.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Most definitely this....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here