Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Think he might surprise a few people at Arsenal. The team plays into his strengths - fast flowing intricate passing.

The Arse fans seem to be on a downer about him because of the drama over the last few weeks, but he's a great backup/competition for Martinelli.
I agree, but I'm not sure he suits intricate passing actually. He often got a bit clumsy in the centre of the pitch here trying that. Obviously some incredible moments, but I definitely think he's being signed as an out an out winger.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep £25m sounds about right given his contract situation. £12m from Spurs is a joke. I know Levy is a chancer but come on…

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Think he might surprise a few people at Arsenal. The team plays into his strengths - fast flowing intricate passing.

The Arse fans seem to be on a downer about him because of the drama over the last few weeks, but he's a great backup/competition for Martinelli.
Given what we’ve seen here with his nose being put out of joint by Mitoma, I’d suggest him playing second fiddle might not go too well.

He’s a very good player, but I question his ability to play at the top, top level, does he have the mentality for it? I have my doubts.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As with Biss, we've all known he's going for a long time.
Suspect it will be £25m + add-ons , which lets face, look like they are going to be triggered.
Still quite a lot of people who thought he was staying. Which is odd.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
At £25m (ish) it's a gamble. But probably one worth taking for a team in Arsenal's position. Suspecting it will happen and good luck to him, and to Aresnal, if it does.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I am slightly surprised that Arsenal want him tbh. I thought they tried to get rid of the stroppy, confidence players in getting rid of the likes of Aubameyang. He certainly has the ability to be decent for them but he is a bit inconsistent. It’ll be interesting to see how that goes.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Its slightly depressing how many key players have moved on since the 4-0 win against Man United last season. Tross in particular was a huge presence behind three of those goals so him leaving us especially hurts. Im not concerned as their replacements are pretty much upgrades, but it does make me a little sad that some of our biggest ‘Stars’ will only have fleeting appearances before moving on to clubs with bigger names and deeper pockets.

On the flipside, it was really refreshing to hear Mac Allister openly express his plans to stay at Brighton for now.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
25 million feels about right. He is not automatic first pick anymore. It blows my mind that we can sell someone who is not auto first pick for that much.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He’s scored goals v Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd in the PL, is a regular international and played at the World Cup. I think he’ll cope.
Cucurella looked like a world beater against teams last season, as did Biss.

Mentality matters.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Looks done, bar the shouting.

Thanks for everything, Tross. Enjoy North London. I'm sure your new salary will mean you can stop moonlighting as Robbie Williams's lookylikey.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I am slightly surprised that Arsenal want him tbh. I thought they tried to get rid of the stroppy, confidence players in getting rid of the likes of Aubameyang. He certainly has the ability to be decent for them but he is a bit inconsistent. It’ll be interesting to see how that goes.
I think we're massively overstating the "stroppy" side of Leo tbh.

Sure this past week or so has been pretty dreadful, but it isn't something he's been renowned for.
I think he or his agent didn't fully grasp the consequence of the optional year clause, when they signed.
It's been a useful clause that the club seemed to have made good use of.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He’s scored goals v Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd in the PL, is a regular international and played at the World Cup. I think he’ll cope.
If only he played against those teams every week, eh? To be fair, I do think he has what it takes to be a success at the top level, but not turning up against Villa, Forest, Fulham etc would be concerning if looking to sign a player to compete week-in-week-out at the very highest level.

To be clear, he's a superb player with a big impact for us. He'll be a loss, but his lack of consistency is a definite thing.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If he won't sign a new contract then Arsenal is probably the best outcome, especially if the alternatives are spurs and f***ing chelsea. Their playing style should suit him as opposed to spurs who have ruined Bissouma and Chelsea who are a joke.

25m would be nice and would put to bed any fears of Caicedo or Ally Mac going(if you're of the opinion that we'd actually sell them this month...).

Incidentally, someone posted a link to an Arsenal thread on Trossard and in that they mention Tielemans is now available at about 15-20m. If true that would be a great signing for someone.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
…and only started once in a poor Belgian side…ive no beef against Tross…but ive watched him enough to judge that he didnt always ‘turn up’ ….at his age its his chance for a deal to set him up and play less games which will suit him :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here