Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don't believe everything you read in the papers, or on twitter, Facebook or anywhere else.
If it were on the Club's website it would be credible, but otherwise................
Yes today I've read we have set the price for Trossard, Caicedo, Mac Alister and that Chelsea are interested in signing Colwell.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m not holding out any hope he’ll be back, he’s publicly asked to leave ... via his agent ... he wants out and doesn’t like Roberto’s methods or seemingly his personality... it’s a great shame, mostly because this will drive his sale value down.

He’s gone though, almost certainly gone... although stranger things have happened I guess.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’m still hoping he changes his mind and comes back into the fold (perhaps even with a bit more consistency) but I fear he’s gone.

I hate how this is ending, but I still have a lot of love for how he’s played for us on his good days.
I'm the same, but the difference is IF he (or any other player or manager) wants to leave, I'm more than happy to wave him on his way. No hate or animosity like we've seen recently – once they've made their mind up, get the best money for them then off they go. We'll carry on with making BRIGHTON better, as opposed to how they might make another team better.

Occasionally they might tarnish their 'reputation' by throwing their toys out of the pram or talk about it being 'a step up' when they get to their new club, but I honestly don't see the point in holding grudges or any negativity towards them.

Recent games have proven that there is life after Leo, so what's the point in hankering over what could have been. Same with Potter and co – and look how that's turned out (so far)!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm the same, but the difference is IF he (or any other player or manager) wants to leave, I'm more than happy to wave him on his way. No hate or animosity like we've seen recently – once they've made their mind up, get the best money for them then off they go. We'll carry on with making BRIGHTON better, as opposed to how they might make another team better.

Occasionally they might tarnish their 'reputation' by throwing their toys out of the pram or talk about it being 'a step up' when they get to their new club, but I honestly don't see the point in holding grudges or any negativity towards them.

Recent games have proven that there is life after Leo, so what's the point in hankering over what could have been. Same with Potter and co – and look how that's turned out (so far)!
It's that easy, yet so many find it so difficult.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's that easy, yet so many find it so difficult.
It's not that they find it difficult – they just don't want to. People on here have told me that they like to hold grudges, which is fine – each to their own and all that. Personally I can't see the point and needless anger/stress/brain space!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
It's not that they find it difficult – they just don't want to. People on here have told me that they like to hold grudges, which is fine – each to their own and all that. Personally I can't see the point and needless anger/stress/brain space!
I agree. But can I still boo any returning left backs? That is always fun I find.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm the same, but the difference is IF he (or any other player or manager) wants to leave, I'm more than happy to wave him on his way. No hate or animosity like we've seen recently – once they've made their mind up, get the best money for them then off they go.
If we hadn't shown our animosity to Potter and Cuckoo we probably wouldn't have beaten Chelsea.

You're welcome.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
that's what a 3-0 trouncing of Liverpool will do.
Last time he played against Liverpool, he scored 3 goals himself.
I was hoping that was the last time I saw him play, and a nice way to remember him, but I just remembered I saw him at Southampton not doing a great deal for 80minutes. I might just cut that out of my personal highlights reel.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
If we hadn't shown our animosity to Potter and Cuckoo we probably wouldn't have beaten Chelsea.

You're welcome.
Cucu and Dan Harding. Both broken after 45 minutes in front of W1B. I'm not even angry when I do the booing, in fact I struggle because I am also giggling like a schoolgirl at the same time.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Did anyone read point 12 in RDZ's interview?

'12. De Zerbi's expectations of Brighton this season: "I don't like setting limits to my teams. If we reach the EL positions, why not look above us as well? I don't like talking about points; we have to aim for perfection, give sense to our football. We'll try to win every game."'

No timeframe is indicated, but he's aiming for Europe and higher.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm still curious as what these eye focus celebrations are all about
:oops:
A great player no doubt. I hope he wants to continue here for now. Its seems to be going well at the moment

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
wonder what the dressing room atmosphere will be like when he does make it back to the training ground

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm still curious as what these eye focus celebrations are all about
:oops:
A great player no doubt. I hope he wants to continue here for now. Its seems to be going well at the moment
He asked his son what his goal celebration should be, and his son showed him, looking like binoculars.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
wonder what the dressing room atmosphere will be like when he does make it back to the training ground
Probably similar to Dunks transfer request to go to Fulham 👀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here