Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I don’t know what triggered this behaviour. Push for big club, feeling not fitting in with RDZ. If I recall, his body language declined pre WC and did worry for his mental health. Poor response from Trossard post WC. It’s going to need a 360 degree turnaround in his attitude if we’re going to see him in a blue shirt again. Can’t see that happening. A shame but football moves on quickly as we know from Potter.
I reckon a 180° turn would be better. If he goes 360°, don’t we just end up with the same sulking midfielder? ;)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I don’t know what triggered this behaviour. Push for big club, feeling not fitting in with RDZ. If I recall, his body language declined pre WC and did worry for his mental health. Poor response from Trossard post WC. It’s going to need a 360 degree turnaround in his attitude if we’re going to see him in a blue shirt again. Can’t see that happening. A shame but football moves on quickly as we know from Potter.
They come they go🤷‍♂️, it was good while it lasted but we had a club before him and will after.

I wish him luck in his push for big club, regardless of his Modus Operandi, personally I would think anyone in the perceived top 7 wouldn’t see him as ‘upgrading‘, injury list or not can’t see GP going near him after how it’s panning out with Cucurella at the Bridge, I’m sure the senior players are still in touch with Dan Burn so Eddie Howe will probably get the full SP as to what’s gone on.

Liverpool, City, Arsenal or United? Unlikely.

Tottenham maybe, as a punt, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him not going till the summer after nearly 6 months out in the cold, which puts his stock down further, so it’s an apology or training with the kids till the end of May, all power to RDZ for putting this marker down.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They come they go🤷‍♂️, it was good while it lasted but we had a club before him and will after.

I wish him luck in his push for big club, regardless of his Modus Operandi, personally I would think anyone in the perceived top 7 wouldn’t see him as ‘upgrading‘, injury list or not can’t see GP going near him after how it’s panning out with Cucurella at the Bridge, I’m sure the senior players are still in touch with Dan Burn so Eddie Howe will probably get the full SP as to what’s gone on.

Tottenham maybe, as a punt, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him not going till the summer after nearly 6 months out in the cold, which puts his stock down further, so it’s an apology or training with the kids till the end of May, all power to RDZ for putting this marker down.
All of the above.

Activate the extra year and loan him to USG.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tottenham maybe, as a punt,
But he wouldn't get much game time at Spurs. He'll be up against Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Gil, Moura and Perisic, so there'd be plenty of bench warming,

I can see him going to Villa - they have cash to burn so could certainly increase his salary. He'd get game time too

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Old timers think alike :smile:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's reported we did activate it.

Thus the behaviour I'd suggest.
Which is just too weird to comprehend - of course we activated it, there was never going to be a chance we wouldn't (unless he got a long term injury) and if he and his agent thought we might not then they're ****ing idiots.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't see a place - certainly not a regular starting one - for him at any of the 'Top Six' now. So, it's abroad, or Villa, Everton. Leicester, Forest I reckon ..................... or Palace. Abroad the most likely, I think.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I'm not as certain as others seem to be on here that it is over for him at The Albion.

De Zerbi has been very clear that his door is open, and that he is wanted in the team.

It is up to Leo now... and, sadly, his agent. Leo has always seemed like a decent bloke, but it sounds like he's made a mistake.

Whatever that mistake was, it sounds like it is easily redeemable.

I'm hopefully he will apologise, and crack on with the rest of the season a valued member of this outstanding Albion team.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not as certain as others seem to be on here that it is over for him at The Albion.

De Zerbi has been very clear that his door is open, and that he is wanted in the team.

It is up to Leo now... and, sadly, his agent. Leo has always seemed like a decent bloke, but it sounds like he's made a mistake.

I'm hopefully he will apologise, and crack on with the rest of the season a valued member of this outstanding Albion team.
You could be right. As the transfer window moves on and potentially there arent many serious bidders he might have a rethink and realise what a good thing he's throwing away. Its all so easily fixed. But I fear more likely is his agent continues to feed the issue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I reckon a 180° turn would be better. If he goes 360°, don’t we just end up with the same sulking midfielder? ;)
What’s known as the full Dale Stephens in the business.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Imo it will go one of two ways, if a club offer us what we think is a reasonable fee for him, he'll be off this month. If not, the transfer window will slam shut and I think it would be very much in his best interests to reintegrate himself and start putting some effort in. Otherwise, his next move will be far less financially attractive for him than it could have been.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You could be right. As the transfer window moves on and potentially there arent many serious bidders he might have a rethink and realise what a good thing he's throwing away. Its all so easily fixed. But I fear more likely is his agent continues to feed the issue.
His agent is a bit stuck at the moment. He can either say 'oops, sorry, I've made a bit of a balls up, so could you go back with your tail between your legs - oh, and please don't fire me' or 'you're a great player and deserve to play at a top club and Brighton are wrong to be holding you against your will'.

It's pretty obvious the agent will go for the latter, hoping Brighton accept a bid. The question is whether we do, and if not, how Trossard then accepts the situation and tries to move on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think everyone would prefer a focused player, but he will have bridges to mend, and his attitude will need to be spot on.

As you suggest his agent may be the issue.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As many others have intimated, if he wants to go this window and wants CL football then I think he’ll have to go abroad.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Chelsea have signed Mudryk
Arsenal now after Raphina
Liverpool and Newcastlehave said he is not for them
That leaves Man Utd , Man City Tottenham left of top clubs apart from Brighton and Fulham to sign him.
He has reached his level with us . If he leaves he will be on a downward projectory
Expect him to be at West Ham in the Championship next year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here