Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
His value drops either way. And we don’t have reserves since about 2005. The PFA will get involved if he trains alone for to long, and the club won’t want him near the U23s.

Maybe a loan until the end of the season

Tony is an incredibly skilled negotiator.
He has turned these situations around many times before. I doubt there will be any need to exact any sort of punishment.

Tony will just make it clear that he will accept the downside of this situation before allowing himself to be forced to weaken his and the club's positon.

Trossard isn't strengthening his hand by his actions.
Sure he might get some extra cash if he sits it out for 17 months, but I would expect that period would do far more damage to his career and earnings than it will to Tony's.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The Times reporting that we have him permission to go home to Belgium this weekend.

Could be spin and not saying @jcdenton08 info is wrong. Just what is reported by Chris Hatherall.
If I were the club and even if we hadnt given him permission to go abroad, I would let it be known unofficially that we had. It de escalates the situation a degreee and allows some calmer reflection.

It was alwys interesting to me that Tross always looked better after an international break (see liverpool away). Where he seemed to knuckle down.

This time he has come back down, fed up and unco-operative perhaps. Given there seems to be a previous examples of underperforming in training (the crofts video) maybe the coaches have tried arm round the shoulder before and its not worked and have found previously that a bit of a rollocking works better. This time clearly not!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Tony is an incredibly skilled negotiator.
He has turned these situations around many times before. I doubt there will be any need to exact any sort of punishment.

Tony will just make it clear that he will accept the downside of this situation before allowing himself to be forced to weaken his and the club's positon.

Trossard isn't strengthening his hand by his actions.
Sure he might get some extra cash if he sits it out for 17 months, but I would expect that period would do far more damage to his career and earnings than it will to Tony's.
Bloom sanctions decisions but the decisions are made by other people.

People need to stop assuming that bloom uses his poker playing skills to his advantage on every transfer matter. The weird pedestal that people have created for him is false unless you think losing player of the season and entire coaching team was blooms plan all along.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

People need to stop assuming that bloom uses his poker playing skills to his advantage on every transfer matter. The weird pedestal that people have created for him is false unless you think losing player of the season and entire coaching team was blooms plan all along.
I think when you look at the club’s progress under Bloom and everything he’s done for the club it’s hardly a ‘weird pedestal’. He’s a brilliant businessman. Losing top players and coaches has only happened because of the success.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I think when you look at the club’s progress under Bloom and everything he’s done for the club it’s hardly a ‘weird pedestal’. He’s a brilliant businessman. Losing top players and coaches has only happened because of the success.
Don’t get me wrong his financial backing is undeniable but barber runs the show.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
60 million richer, and higher up the table. Yes, good business.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

That's a very strange take on Bloom. Losing players and coaches is somewhat out of his control.

Putting in place a system where we can lose key players/staff and continue performing at a high level is why people admire him so much. Yes, he may not be involved in the day-to-day running of that system, but he developed the vision and employed the right people to make it happen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t get me wrong his financial backing is undeniable but barber runs the show.
The art of being a top businessman in a large company is being able to delegate the day to day running to skilled people in their field, and not having to be hands on too often isn’t it? TB has played an absolute blinder at this club

I certainly worship at his altar :lolol:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Weird take.

Tony's poker skills are a by-product of his risk evaluation abilities.
Not the other way around.

He may delegate negotiation, but he is definitely involved in the decisions,

mike1901

May 12, 2017
That statement will do his client no help in finding a new club. Paints him as argumentative and difficult to deal with. Whatever the reasons are behind it, his own agent has said Leo argued with another player in training, got moody for being bench for ONE game, and wasnt happy that he wasnt brought on as a sub when we're winning 4-0.
I just dropped a player at the training ground, I’m a cab driver by the way, we had a chat about the Leo situation. He said the statement was rubbish. There was no altercation with another player. It was in a team meeting the argument took place with RDZ. These things happen though in life. He will probably leave but let’s hope we get the right price. Onwards and upwards. 👍👍👍👍👍

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Weird take.

Tony's poker skills are a by-product of his risk evaluation abilities.
Not the other way around.

He may delegate negotiation, but he is definitely involved in the decisions,
Precisely.

But some people will have you believe that when it comes to transfer sagas bloom sits at a table stoney faced smoking a cigar and leaves with the other club in tears while bloom still has his player and 4 extra players for trying it on with him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Precisely.

But some people will have you believe that when it comes to transfer sagas bloom sits at a table stoney faced smoking a cigar and leaves with the other club in tears while bloom still has his player and 4 extra players for trying it on with him.
Only in your imagination.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Astonishing that less than 24 hours from the press conference and Tweets that involve a coach rightly disciplining a player who can't be arsed and we're on to Paul Barber.

NSC :lolol:
Even got a Paul Brooker in there too . . . Must be a Paul thing

amazing how this has evolved so quickly from an egotistical player being reprimanded for insubordination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here