Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Shirley we will not replace him but promote from within. I know Kardra is on loan but IMO is worth a place in next season’s squad

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shirley we will not replace him but promote from within. I know Kardra is on loan but IMO is worth a place in next season’s squad
He is a long way off a team with top half PL ambitions

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Which makes Trossard’s behaviour of trying to force a transfer to a Big 6 even more silly - he could be playing more minutes of Euro/Champions football ball with us for the last few years of his career than warming benches at the Big 6/7 🤷🏻‍♂️
Agree - but he would no doubt be earning (minimum) twice as much.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Well, it is probably technically true in a lot of cases - but nothing stopping clubs from speaking with the agencies, just the player directly (though surely that happens as well).

It is indeed the players market these days but for a 100 years it wasn't and that was equally bad. Slavelike conditions until 1963 and then absurd ones until 1995.
Player power won't decrease until there is some sort of salary cap which seems far away.
We all know the top 6-7 are never going to allow a salary cap , it`s how they keep the rest of us below them , can you imagine us competing with them as we are currently ! . They already get the benefit of VAR ( Rashford in the Manc derby ) Welbeck opening day ( should of been a pen and 3-0 ) the ref that day was from Manchester .

Most importantly it would take some power away from bottom feeding agents , one way or another it`s as slanted as the old Huish Park .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Atletico Madrid and Barcelona fighting about whether Depay should move to the former for £3m or £5m really says all you need to know about the football finances in Europe right now.

Would be much preferable if there was a chance to ship him abroad rather than to a competitor, but struggle to see how that would happen.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He was definitely in Lancing yesterday, saw him driving down Grinstead Lane.

All gone very quiet, which would suggest there may be some kind of agreement in place, one way or another.
It may be best for all parties to meet in the middle for the next 2 weeks until a bid comes in. Brighton get a bit more money by showing the player hasn't become a useless asset to keep, and Trossard recovers his reputation a bit by resolving this nonsense.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Agree - but he would no doubt be earning (minimum) twice as much.
Also true - just a case of whether he was talking boll*x when he said he did‘t want to sit on the bench - tbh though I think if he goes or stays he will be a rotational player from now anyway, given RDZs imperative to develop younger players and given the competition for start ups in the deep squads of the Big 6 - if money makes Tross’s World spin round so be it.

Enlightening discussion on the Arse forum

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
For all the revisionism going on in this thread, he is a very decent Prem player. I'd rather everyone kissed and made up - he can still be a game changer for us.
If he doesn't go in this window, he'll go in the summer anyway - for less.

Might as well cash in now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd be very surprised if he ended up at Chelsea. Would be a fitting signing for them though.
If Potter actively encourages the signing of a player that - from first hand experience - he knows blows hot and cold and is prone to sulks and dark moods, then he's even more of a benny than was previously thought :lol:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If someone offers what Tony believes is his value then we should take the offer. I'd love him to stay and help us achieve another great season, but the reality is that for whatever reason he's currently unhappy and unmotivated. That feeling may linger through the season until we then sell him for less in the summer. If someone stumps up around £25m-£30m i'd take it, knowing we're likely fine even if we dont replace him. March and Mitoma are on fire, and we have plenty of youth coming through for his position in Sarmiento, Adingra, Buonanotte, Ferguson, and Enciso.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here