Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Every player goes through bad spells but wingers/attacking midfielders tend to be the most inconsistent of all. Trossard has an ability on the ball that is better than any other in our side, when he decides to waltz through a defence making them twist inside and out before finding the bottom corner. That is a skill that means he will never be too far away from the team for very long. I hope we get through January without any offers and he signs a contract extension

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Reading some of De Zerbi's thoughts on Tross it looks like he is trying to sulk his way out of the club. Be interesting to see if he gets any minutes today
He has gone off the boil every winter since he signed. It’s more noticeable this time because he was largely outstanding prior to the World Cup.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nobody is paying the sort of money required for us to let him go in this window. Sadly for Tross he’s too inconsistent for a top side.
having supposedly world class players around him can only help , i really think a move to chelsea or Liverpool for around the 45 million mark would be a great move ....:wink: if he cant apply himself for 40 k a week then is there really much hope for him..???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Potter always used Trossard and backed him when he went through his winter blues period, giving the excuse that it's typical of such players. Indeed he has a point as many players of his type do appear to be much more prone to a dip in form. Also Potter had to use him as there was a lack of options. That's changed.

Apart from the contract issue I think RDZ is much more honest when asked about specific players, he has repeated the call to get better. I do believe some of his directness is down to him learning English and therefore unable to express himself in a more subtle way.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Blimey, fickle fans. Trossard had a great start to the season and, but for the dumb timing of the WC, his form might have continued. He's just comeback from the biggest tournament of his career (and possibly the last WC in which he might feature) with a team that considerably underperformed. Surely we can cut him some slack and allow the club to build him up again. He's a far better asset to the club when on form, either in the team or to be sold.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Blimey, fickle fans
Lol 🙂not really - everyone recognises Tross’s brilliance and the contribution he makes but just stating facts - if he wants to move, why try and hold him ? - if he wants to stay, RDZ is giving him the time off to get his head right or whatever it is that’s stopping him from giving 100%. Problem is, he only has 18 mnths left on his contract with apparently not any inclination to renew it further, Tross needs to get back into his game a/to get a decent transfer asap if that’s what he wants or b/to carry on with us at a level we all know he can play at - - I don’t think it’s NSCers being hard or demanding more but our very determined coach who always wants more from the whole squad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Potter always used Trossard and backed him when he went through his winter blues period, giving the excuse that it's typical of such players. Indeed he has a point as many players of his type do appear to be much more prone to a dip in form. Also Potter had to use him as there was a lack of options. That's changed.

Apart from the contract issue I think RDZ is much more honest when asked about specific players, he has repeated the call to get better. I do believe some of his directness is down to him learning English and therefore unable to express himself in a more subtle way.
According to @Swansman's assessment (he has a 'golden mouth' in Italian), I suspect the opposite is true. My guess is that Roberto doesn't 'do' subtle :lolol:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
He doesn’t want to be here, his mind is already on his next move, he’s been offered multiple contract offers and turned them all down.

Let him sit on the bench at Chelsea and earn the big bucks he obviously craves.

Just PLEASE play hard ball and ensure that Colwill coming here is part of any deal between the two clubs.

Thanks for the memories Leo but no one is bigger and better than the club.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He doesn’t want to be here, his mind is already on his next move, he’s been offered multiple contract offers and turned them all down.

Let him sit on the bench at Chelsea and earn the big bucks he obviously craves.

Just PLEASE play hard ball and ensure that Colwill coming here is part of any deal between the two clubs.

Thanks for the memories Leo but no one is bigger and better than the club.
Jeez.

You're either Tross's best mate with all these 'facts' or just another keyboard warrior that's full of :shit:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Jeez.

You're either Tross's best mate with all these 'facts' or just another keyboard warrior that's full of :shit:
Enlighten me my friend? Not much of a best mate if I’m suggesting he leaves and sits on the bench?

The fact he’s turned down numerous contract offers is well publicised in the media.

Give your head a wobble mate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
having supposedly world class players around him can only help , i really think a move to chelsea or Liverpool for around the 45 million mark would be a great move ....:wink: if he cant apply himself for 40 k a week then is there really much hope for him..???
Around the £45M mark would be a great move for the club too!

Good player - but £45M? Wow - yes please!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The fact he’s turned down numerous contract offers is well publicised in the media.

And there is where your argument dies. Since when did BHAFC inform the media of it's internal contract negotiations?

He doesn’t want to be here, his mind is already on his next move,

And what actual facts is this based on? Apart from no new contract which we know nothing about, see above.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here