Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Trossard isn't bigger than the club. Bin him off or make him train with the U23s for the next 18 months.

He's not good enough for a top 4 team, if he was they'd have come in for him a year or so ago. Hopefully Newcastle come in for him. Be lucky to get 20m for him now.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
This tit for tat is not going to sit well with Bloom I should imagine, with dirty laundry being aired in public. That is not the Brighton way. Not sure De Zerbi should be sharing half of that stuff in the press conference, however refreshing it was to hear.
Wonder if they knew the statement was coming out and thought they'd get a pre-emptive reaction in first?

As for Para 5, could it be RDZ's still-in-development English (he's doing incredibly well!) that meant Tross saw comments in a harsher way than they were meant? I cannot believe the lack of communication, particularly when someone is in the squad for games. Doesn't seem overly possible.
All a bit of a flounce at the moment... :flounce:

I'll be sorry to see him go as when he was on it, he was SUCH an asset to the team, but he's made his bed and I can't see a way back.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Oh my days

What a load of BS. Trossard didnt want to sign and indicated he wanted leave the club..... thats fair enough imho, but as hes under contract, the club paid a significant fee for him, he suddenly starts to walk around the pitch, half arsed, hes rightly dropped as his performances are lacklustre.

Then the mystery calf issue (coming from player), and this statement, angling for an insta move..... not buying Josy f***face statements at all, this is his attempts to paint Leandro as the victim from a co-ordinated attempt to get a move away that he decided he wants right now.

I actually hope the club enacts the option and makes it clear he's not leaving until the right fee comes in, in the summer. Theres all sorts of issues with precendents if players can easily be allowed to get away with such agent/player co-ordinated shenanighans.

Firm hand uncle Tone, club comes first not a stroppy t*at and his scheming agent.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
That statement will do his client no help in finding a new club. Paints him as argumentative and difficult to deal with. Whatever the reasons are behind it, his own agent has said Leo argued with another player in training, got moody for being bench for ONE game, and wasnt happy that he wasnt brought on as a sub when we're winning 4-0.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I’m taking these tweets and leaky news stories with the scepticism they deserve at the moment...

We've had press conference quotes from de Zerbi and a statement from Trossard's agent, which the sulky player would have signed off.

Plenty to go there. Truth, as always, somewhere in-between....

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Trossard isn't bigger than the club. Bin him off or make him train with the U23s for the next 18 months.

He's not good enough for a top 4 team, if he was they'd have come in for him a year or so ago. Hopefully Newcastle come in for him. Be lucky to get 20m for him now.
Have a feeling we may roll the dice on this one and keep him until at least the summer hoping that he will grow up and kiss and make up with the gaffer. Then have a stormer in the spring like he always does.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
It still surprises me that professional footballers have these moments. I would've thought they are used to being told what to do, if your manager tells you to sit on the bench and watch everyone train all day they should do it. Why is that the final straw after 10-15 years of being told how to train, what to eat, where to run etc etc?

Of course he may of had his head turned by rumours of a move from another club via his agent or whatever but still, to play it out like this....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m taking these tweets and leaky news stories with the scepticism they deserve at the moment- does sounds like a real personal clash as much as anything and a genuine attempt by De Zerbi to get the squad how he wants it (ie 100% focus and fitness) - the quietly reserved v the Latin temperance - seems ridiculous to suggest RDZ hasn’t spoken to his key attacking MF for a month!

I think we will loose money on this when he does go (and January looking more and more likely) - I still think Madrid would be a good option unless any interested Big 7 can offer him a regular starting place.
MADRID now is it?
happy show GIF

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
This is certainly a shame, and very poor form from Trossard and his agent for escalating.

But this does make feel huge respect and admiration for Solly.
A story of two characters with the same style of management.
RDZ clearly pushes the squad very hard and leaves it in the players hands to prove themselves.

Solly has (and is) absolutely working his socks off and proving himself over 90 minutes consistently.

Trossard..?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
My money is on Dunk or Ferguson...
I'm going Sanchez after celebrating saving one of his less than good shots, with Trossard comparing their minutes on the pitch during the WC.

(this is a guess)

What is not a guess is that having a World Cup mid season in basically one city, full of top, top players and their agents, pretty much negates the "no tapping up" rule for this window. Someone's had a word out there.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Unfortunately no winners here. Roberto has called him out for his attitude and as his boss, rightly so. Trossard has retaliated which he has every right to do although a simple "problem with my manager which can't be resolved" might have been better rather than giving it the full detail.
He got that early french copy of Spare for Christmas

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm going Sanchez after celebrating saving one of his less than good shots, with Trossard comparing their minutes on the pitch during the WC.

(this is a guess)

What is not a guess is that having a World Cup mid season in basically one city, full of top, top players and their agents, pretty much negates the "no tapping up" rule for this window. Someone's had a word out there.
Have real actually come and said they are interested ?!?!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well if it is Madrid the last few weeks should be the perfect introduction for him.

Nowhere near a starting 11 with the odd benchwarming outing.
Warmer though and less Gareth Bales booking tee times on the local course when the inevitable "not this week Leo" comes in training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here