Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I’m taking these tweets and leaky news stories with the scepticism they deserve at the moment- does sounds like a real personal clash as much as anything and a genuine attempt by De Zerbi to get the squad how he wants it (ie 100% focus and fitness) - the quietly reserved v the Latin temperance - seems ridiculous to suggest RDZ hasn’t spoken to his key attacking MF for a month!

I think we will loose money on this when he does go (and January looking more and more likely) - I still think Madrid would be a good option unless any interested Big 7 can offer him a regular starting place.

Are you his agent?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’m taking these tweets and leaky news stories with the scepticism they deserve at the moment- does sounds like a real personal clash as much as anything and a genuine attempt by De Zerbi to get the squad how he wants it (ie 100% focus and fitness) - the quietly reserved v the Latin temperance - seems ridiculous to suggest RDZ hasn’t spoken to his key attacking MF for a month!

I think we will loose money on this when he does go (and January looking more and more likely) - I still think Madrid would be a good option unless any interested Big 7 can offer him a regular starting place.
I just don't believe Madrid have come in for him. They are the best club side in the world. Trossy is nowhere near good enough for them.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I can understand his predicament. At 28 he has, probably, his last chance to make a lucrative move to end his career, if he gets a 4/5 year deal. The alternative is to commit himself to the Albion on an improved long term deal. His agent will, undoubtedly be pushing for the former.
I don't know what length Tross's current deal is... but players seem very happy to sign long deals (presumably to get the financial security) and later they want out early to pursue another deal elsewhere. For me, the player is in the wrong here.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hardly the agent's fault, is it?

Agents in all walks of life just do what their clients tell them to do (as well as negotiate contracts/moves etc).
You honestly don't think an agent whispers in his ear, about how much he could get here or there, or that they can manipulate a situation to their own and the clients benefit, do you think Trossard wrote that...

I did not actually say it was anyone's fault never mind the agents.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Im not sure I buy some of that statement. Its written in a way that tries to paint Trossard as the innocent figure, but also drops in facts that would contradict this.

Paragraph one indicates Trossard wouldnt sign a new contract, and asked to leave.
Paragraph two has him arguing with other players over trivial matters.
Paragraph three has him being moody over being benched for 1 game and not coming on as a sub in said game, which is pretty understandable to not bring him on given how well the other attacking players were doing.
Paragraph four explains why he stopped training but doesnt counter RDZ's claim that he left the session without telling him.
Paragraph five claims RDZ hasnt communicated with Trossard for four weeks, but how can that be if Trossard started the Southampton and Arsenal games within that period.

This still stinks of a player being stroppy, the manager rightly punishing him, and now the player is trying to validate his bad behaviour.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I don't know what length Tross's current deal is... but players seem very happy to sign long deals (presumably to get the financial security) and later they want out early to pursue another deal elsewhere. For me, the player is in the wrong here.

He signed a 4 year deal with an option for an extra year.

He currently has 6 months left on the 4 year deal, with us having the one year option.

So basically, 18 months left.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I dunno why people didn’t believe the ‘refusing to sign’ thing - it has been obvious for ages.

The reason we triggered to extension was to preserve value BECAUSE they knew he wouldn’t sign

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
When RDZ first arrived at the club I remember him saying that he wanted to see more from Trossard. Clearly he hasn't shown enough. The rest of the story is just excuses for not working hard enough to satisfy RDZ.
Yes, and RDZ prefaced asking for more by saying that he thinks Trossard is a fantastic player who can give even more/ score many more goals, and will want to look back on his career by having played the very best that he could...or something like that. When I heard it I felt it was a really positive statement from RDZ about Tross, but still intended to motivate him to play better (or more consistently) ... in fact, I think the comment was made before the Liverpool hat-trick (? but I'm not sure?).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Poor World Cup. Poor attitude since returning to a squad who are more up for it than him. I always think he has so much more to offer and that’s why he isn’t going to generate a huge fee. He will be another one to leave and never recapture the form he has sporadically shown with us. When will they learn?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Club statement incoming.
Barbs right now:
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes, and RDZ prefaced asking for more by saying that he thinks Trossard is a fantastic player who can give even more/ score many more goals, and will want to look back on his career by having played the very best that he could...or something like that. When I heard it I felt it was a really positive statement from RDZ about Tross, but still intended to motivate him to play better (or more consistently) ... in fact, I think the comment was made before the Liverpool hat-trick (? but I'm not sure?).
Yes, that's correct.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The following post has a lot of me just interpreting the statement and putting my spin on it.

The agents say there was a bust up in training and RDZ stopped talking to little Leo.........but picked him for Southampton and Arsenal...and they want us to believe that RDZ suddenly, out of nowhere, decided that the issue in training before those games maybe a week before suddenly popped back into his head and he thought "DAMN!!!! I forgot i was annoyed at Leandro about that trivial matter in training. I better pick him him for Everton but not bring him on needlessly when 4-0 up as that will really wind him up".

Reading between the lines, Leo got sad he wasn't picked, wants a move, said he had hurt his leggy weggy as that's a legit way of not playing against boro and RDZ didn't buy it so he trains alone.

Finally, the manager who doesn't speak to him........keeps indicating he should have a transfer. How's he doing that? via mime?

Again, fine by me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here