B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Interesting that Martinez has got him and De Bruyne taking their coaching license.

Need to sing him that new contract asap. Vultures will circle even if he does, but gives us a better bargaining position.
I think he's always going teeter on the edge of going, but not quite being consistent enough for the big fish to cough up the big dough. Which is great for us obviously and hopefully we can tie him into a new deal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love Trossard but his record in England when the clocks change is terrible. Don’t think he manages more than 1 or 2 goals during the winter. His top performances have always been early and late in the season. I still can’t imagine a proper top team taking him over many other players.

But could probably get more money at a 6-12th place club, if he’s wanted

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One would very much hope if Chelsea can’t wait until next summer and decide they must have him in January for a top 4 push, that we get absolute top dollar. January/Chelsea tax - I’d take £50m and reinvest half of it into a replacement.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One would very much hope if Chelsea can’t wait until next summer and decide they must have him in January for a top 4 push, that we get absolute top dollar. January/Chelsea tax - I’d take £50m and reinvest half of it into a replacement.
Absolutely ZERO chance of getting that kind of cash for him when he'll be a free agent in June - look what happened with Bissouma.

If he goes in January, we'd be lucky to get £15m. I think he'll run his contract down, and be off in the summer. He'll probably get some kind of loyalty bonus for seeing out his contract as well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Absolutely ZERO chance of getting that kind of cash for him when he'll be a free agent in June - look what happened with Bissouma.

If he goes in January, we'd be lucky to get £15m. I think he'll run his contract down, and be off in the summer. He'll probably get some kind of loyalty bonus for seeing out his contract as well.
He has another season after this one with us.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think Leo wants not just to go to the WC but play and not be an unused sub , by keeping several big name clubs talking about him is doing his chances of that no harm . If he were to sign now , that spotlight would be removed , daft thought i know but just a hunch . Genuinely think he will sing a new contract after WC , especially after Ali-mac has done .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ahh ok. I thought his contract was up in June for some reason.
We have a 1 year option to take it to June 2024.
Athletic reported we were planning to “hold contract talks” with him a couple of weeks ago.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sporting Life says that Chelsea and Arsenal are battling for his signature.
I think Newcastle will be in there too. A good World Cup and a bidding war should see us net £40m+, quite comfortably. We’d all like to see him sign a contract extension but the best we can probably hope for is that his transfer fee is reinvested back into the squad asap on players who can hit the back of the net.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think Newcastle will be in there too. A good World Cup and a bidding war should see us net £40m+, quite comfortably. We’d all like to see him sign a contract extension but the best we can probably hope for is that his transfer fee is reinvested back into the squad asap on players who can hit the back of the net.
Lose the only player we have that regularly scores goals and hope we buy proven goal scoring replacements with the money?

I won't hold my breath.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Stop wasting TBs money will ya? Defensive midfieders are where it is at

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lose the only player we have that regularly scores goals and hope we buy proven goal scoring replacements with the money?

I won't hold my breath.
Yer no chance we sell in January. Trossard is a genuine pro and nice guy. He won't kick up a fuss. If he really wants to go he will leave in the summer

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I live in hope that Trossard is loving life here, knows he probably won’t be an automatic first choice at a top six club and has seen how things have panned out so far for Biss and Cucu. He has already said he wants game time assured if he does go hasn’t he?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Has scored 11 goals in Albion’s last 18 games. Which means over a season he’d not be a 20 goal a season striker because he’s not a striker ha ha.
5 in 6 under De Zerbi certainly looks like someone who is going to score a hatful in this new setup. Hopefully the new boss plus his place in Belgium squad will be enough to see him sign an improved deal shortly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here