Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Rodon, McBurnie & James had all had breakout seasons. The first two play in positions where we recruited from the championship that season. Roberts, Grimes & Fer wouldn’t have been bad either.

I’m not saying there’s no chance he signs one of our players but the hysteria on here is mental.

No hysteria here just the hope that Potter does not come in for our players, there are plenty of others out there and Chelsea can afford 90% of them. Pillaging your old employers staff may be acceptable to most because “it’s just business” butI think it’s pretty shitty business and low. I am just very old fashioned I guess and can’t see a situation where I’d ever do it :shrug:

Naive and not a high flying business man I know

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Caicedo is the only one that I think is feasible he goes for, I’m not convinced anyone else is truly PL / CL title contender quality

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Caicedo is the only one that I think is feasible he goes for, I’m not convinced anyone else is truly PL / CL title contender quality

Agreed. I think Mac Alistair and Tross are top half PL quality. Our level. Not truly CL quality like Caicedo is and BW, Cucu and Biss were (still think Biss will come good).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agreed. I think Mac Alistair and Tross are top half PL quality. Our level. Not truly CL quality like Caicedo is and BW, Cucu and Biss were (still think Biss will come good).

Don't really buy it. There's nothing Jorginho can do that Alexis can't, and I don't think many PL managers would pick Pulisic or Ziyech over Trossard.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Don't really buy it. There's nothing Jorginho can do that Alexis can't, and I don't think many PL managers would pick Pulisic or Ziyech over Trossard.

Both are arguable, but I think Chelsea will be looking for undisputed A Listers for the money they will be throwing around in the coming years.

To me, Newcastle are more of a threat as they look to build to that sort of level.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm pretty chilled about any club coming after our players. We've set a VERY high bar for how much teams need to pay to buy from us. We will be aware of which players are at risk, and are already mitigating, plus Tony will get the best possible price for any that DO leave.

Plus, De Zerbi will have some players he'd like to recruit, so some others moving will provide space in the squad for the new talent.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I'm pretty chilled about any club coming after our players. We've set a VERY high bar for how much teams need to pay to buy from us. We will be aware of which players are at risk, and are already mitigating, plus Tony will get the best possible price for any that DO leave.

Plus, De Zerbi will have some players he'd like to recruit, so some others moving will provide space in the squad for the new talent.

Me too. We're a selling club, but only if we get top dollar and only if we have a back up plan in place, which we invariably do. We have lost a bunch of top quality players and are doing better than ever and have more money in the bank than ever. If that doesn't give people confidence in our management right now then I don't know what will.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Agree all teams outside the top 6 are in the same position, they will come for our manager, they will come for our players.

But BHA is superbly run and the prospect of living in Sussex with the option to live in London is makes us very appealing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A fascinating and lengthy interview.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/10/07/leandro-trossard-new-manager-told-score-goals-got-hat-trick/

118E31C4-D063-4462-A022-61906D2C54FB.png

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Agreed, Caicedo MIGHT be the only one. But Potter has a whole new level of budget to work with and will be looking at the very top youth talent available from around the world.

yep certainly hope he doesn't come in for any of our guys, but we have to recognise that if we continue on this path we're on re youth development then at a certain point, maybe not too far away, then the panacea of youth talent in the PL will eventually be us

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Bullshit article.

He definitely won't go in Jan unless the offer is outrageous. Hopefully he has a rubbish world cup.
He’ll be a bit part player for Belgium. Top international gaffers would never trust a Brighton player in a proper international tournament (ask Gareth).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here