League One Promotion Race

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yep - 3,427 to be precise. That'd kill them at our level - they'll have to enlarge that stadium, if they can, if they don't want their progress to stall.

5,996 including standing. So it'd be 599 away fans they would have to increase the capacity anyway if they stayed longer as Championship teams must be all seater after 3 seasons maximum IIRC.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
5,996 including standing. So it'd be 599 away fans they would have to increase the capacity anyway if they stayed longer as Championship teams must be all seater after 3 seasons maximum IIRC.
I think it's two seasons. This will also seriously screw Brentford if they go up. Swindon is only about 12k too isn't it?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I've nothing against Tranmere at all, I used to love watching Jon Challinor throw a ball further than I can kick it! You're right about the loans, Jake Cassidy has gone back to Wolves and he was looking pretty handy. I do like League 1 football, there are more clubs who have a chance of doing something and there's a lot more to aspire to in that league. The Premier League is quite depressing really.

Thanks, I'm working hard to rebuild my tarnished reputation after the Kuszczak clanger!

They were good days for Tranny when I was there. Aldridge and Malkin up front, Liam O'Brien in the engine room and the mercurial Johnny Morrissey on the wing. Ian Nolan in defence as well in his early days.

I'd forgotten about your Kuszczak moment! I thought you were gonna single-handedly turn him into a marmite man for a minute! We've all had our moments!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Having asked them Crawley currently give 1600 to away fans so the 342 is silliness.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Already imagining the binfest for away tickets for that one with our 342 allocation......(assume it is 10% for league games?)

3427 is their current average, not their capacity. But you're right, tickets for an away League game there would be in extremely short supply.

Edit after Drumstick's post: Good God, really? 1600 at that place? Half the bloody crowd if anybody with any kind of support comes to town.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
3427 is their current average, not their capacity. But you're right, tickets for an away League game there would be in extremely short supply.

I would imagine that 5996 capacity they would sell it out in the Championship but it would still need to be increased. IMO c9000 is about the minimum.

Jimmy Grimble

Mentioned it on here at the start of the season, I've got separate bets on Swindon, Brentford and Doncaster to get promoted. Any of them would do me! Top 6 is going to be very tight.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bournemouth please for a sunny day in March/April kick around on the field opposite.

Brentford please for the terracing.

Tranmere please because I have massive respect for their fans considering the clubs they're in the shadow of, and I've still to get around to going there so would be a new ground to add to the list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports