Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League One Promotion Race

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I've been keeping an eye on the League one table a lot this season and looking at it seeing some unusual sides in the top 6.

I was thinking, how would teams like Tranmere and Brentford cope in the championship?

Who would you like to see promoted to the Championship?

I'd like to see Tranmere, Brentford and Bournemouth personally.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Who cares

Plenty of people - we're not even a big club, but there's plenty of big-club Billy bollocks about already.

I don't mind who comes up, but they'd all struggle financially. Swindon may be OK because they can get decent crowds into that stadium but Brentford would struggle, given their proximity to three Premier League clubs, and Bournemouth's ground is still three sided, ain't it? Don't think they can get too many in there either. Tranmere may surprise people, I think - Ronnie Moore seems to have the magic touch there.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I've been keeping an eye on the League one table a lot this season and looking at it seeing some unusual sides in the top 6.

I was thinking, how would teams like Tranmere and Brentford cope in the championship?

Who would you like to see promoted to the Championship?

I'd like to see Tranmere, Brentford and Bournemouth personally.

Can Porstmouth still go up? If not ill have Orient instead of tranmere.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'd like to see how Bournemouth do - I have a lot of family that support 'AFC'.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Tranmere, Swindon, MK Mongs and Yeovil can f*** right off.
Crawley, Stevenage, Bournemouth and Brentford meh.
So that leaves:
Sheff Utd, Crewe and Donny.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I still would not count Crawley out to make them play offs, having signed Sparrow now they have a good chance as any in that chasing group, but they have a tough run of fixtures now coming up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've found it interesting too. Bournemouth Brentford and Swindon appear to be the form teams and I'd quite like Bournemouth and Brentford to go up with Sheff Utd, whose support has remained impressively high.

And Pompey in division 4 come May would be absolutely lovely.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not following it too closely now, but I'd like Sheffield United and Doncaster back in the Championship. I think they'll be the top 2, Tranmere will surely drop away at some point and they did get smashed 5-0 at Swindon recently... Bournemouth and Brentford would both struggle at this level I think, although having said that Bournemouth do have players with Championship experience now and their manager has too so maybe they'd be ok. Personally, I don't want Swindon promoted unless we are as well.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sorry to sound so obtuse OSR gull I'll say Crawley , Bournmouth MK dons so Palace fans can enjoy some local fixtures to boost their attendances while we're flying high in the prem
Billy big bollocks I'm not just a dreamer :thumbsup:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
My money would be on Swindon & Tranmere with the top 2 spots and hopefully Crawley through the Play-Off's.
I'd like to see Crawley do well. It'd be good to have an actual local Derby and not a forced pretend one.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sorry to sound so obtuse OSR gull I'll say Crawley , Bournmouth MK dons so Palace fans can enjoy some local fixtures to boost their attendances while we're flying high in the prem
Billy big bollocks I'm not just a dreamer :thumbsup:

:lolol: no worries! Nothing wrong with that! Would be nice to go up, with the signing of Ulloa, I still think we need to hang on to Macca until the summer!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm not following it too closely now, but I'd like Sheffield United and Doncaster back in the Championship. I think they'll be the top 2, Tranmere will surely drop away at some point and they did get smashed 5-0 at Swindon recently... Bournemouth and Brentford would both struggle at this level I think, although having said that Bournemouth do have players with Championship experience now and their manager has too so maybe they'd be ok. Personally, I don't want Swindon promoted unless we are as well.

I'd like to see Tranmere promoted but i think you're probably right. I followed them at Uni in Liverpool in the days of Aldridge and would love to see the back in the second tier. Their excellent first half of the season was partly down to several excellent loan players and not sure they have held on to them. They also got hit by an injury crisis pre Christmas and results waned and their confidence took a bit of a hammering. They'll do well to maintain it. Would like to see them and Brentford up and Bournemouth through the play offs.

Top post on the Gary Dicker thread by the way. Agree entirely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My money would be on Swindon & Tranmere with the top 2 spots and hopefully Crawley through the Play-Off's.
I'd like to see Crawley do well. It'd be good to have an actual local Derby and not a forced pretend one.
A derby with Crawley would be so small-time though. Their gates are tiny and they have no league history. It's funny, they would probably sell out their near 3,000 allocation at the Amex, yet that is roughly what their home gates are.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Tranmere and Sheffield weds would do me. Don't think Tranmere have been this close to the big time as long as I can remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here