Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup 3rd Round: Brighton going for a Burton

chatstandnorth

Apr 21, 2014
a glamour tie with one of the big five,or sunderland or palace

I'd be ok with a tie with a less glamorous premier league side

but please not a championship, league one or two side.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd love a decent cup run, even if it's this ridiculous farce of a cup, but, with a largely new team (it's likely that we'll start on Saturday with at least 6 players signed in this window), we're clearly going for promotion, which has to be the main aim.

For both reasons, I think a tie against Palace or Sunderland would be detrimental. We'd be less likely to win than if we played a smaller club and we'd be more likely to burn emotional energy that could be better directed at the league campaign if we played either Palace or Sunderland.

So, I'd go for Shrewsbury at home (or similar) as first choice, or a glamour tie away against a top PL side that we'd likely lose (but at least we'd have a decent day out) as second choice.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'd love a decent cup run, even if it's this ridiculous farce of a cup, but, with a largely new team (it's likely that we'll start on Saturday with at least 6 players signed in this window), we're clearly going for promotion, which has to be the main aim.

For both reasons, I think a tie against Palace or Sunderland would be detrimental. We'd be less likely to win than if we played a smaller club and we'd be more likely to burn emotional energy that could be better directed at the league campaign if we played either Palace or Sunderland.

So, I'd go for Shrewsbury at home (or similar) as first choice, or a glamour tie away against a top PL side that we'd likely lose (but at least we'd have a decent day out) as second choice.
Behave, we have squad of professional fit players one extra game wont hurt them, and surely as fans we all look forward to these kind of games under the Amex lights.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Round 1 – w/c 11th August 2014
Draw date - 17th June 2014

Round 2 – w/c 25th August 2014
Draw date - 13th August 2014 (subject to change)

Round 3 – w/c 22nd September 2014
Draw date - 27th August 2014

Round 4 – w/c 27th October 2014
Draw date - 24th September 2014

Round 5 – w/c 15th December 2014
Draw date - 29th October 2014

Semi-Final First Legs – w/c 19th January 2015
Draw date - 17th December 2014

Semi-Final Second Legs – w/c 26th January 2015

Final – Sunday 1st March 2015

If we are going to play Sunderland, I'd sooner it be a bit later in the competition.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Behave, we have squad of professional fit players one extra game wont hurt them, and surely as fans we all look forward to these kind of games under the Amex lights.

Fair point. There's no doubt that as a one-off game, a tie against Sunderland or Palace would be pretty tasty....!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Agreed,all this cup does (unless you can get to the very latter stages) is get you injuries...red/yello cards,hardly much use when the league is our main aim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here