Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League cup 3rd draw thread

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Barnsley at home on the following saturday suggests we could possibly play a stronger team against Reading, BUT we then have Ipswich away the following Tuesday and then Sheff Weds away after that. Sadly I think that means a similar team to previous rounds so depends if Reading do the same.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well I'll have to miss this one, at the Opera that night. Note to self, never book anything on a tuesday night.

Opera? Hmmm, there are reasons to miss a Brighton game, family crisis, wedding etc, but opera? Dear oh dear.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
So two games at the Amex in two days?
U23s vs Newcastle on the Monday and erm U23s vs Reading on the Tuesday. :amex:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Barnsley at home on the following saturday suggests we could possibly play a stronger team against Reading, BUT we then have Ipswich away the following Tuesday and then Sheff Weds away after that. Sadly I think that means a similar team to previous rounds so depends if Reading do the same.

Start the game with the youngsters/first teamers who played at Oxford, but keep a strong bench.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Won't someone please thing of the pitch. :nono:
the thing.jpg

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Beat Reading, then we are one game away from the quarter final. I'll be going.

Could get a very winnable game against lower league opposition, or a big team at home. It would be a great night. Say we get Man United, "upsets" do happen.

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Quite pleased with the draw think it is very winnable. As others have said get past Reading and we could get a big game in the next round. Quite fancy a home tie against one of the big boys>

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't help thinking it is time they binned this competition. One major cup competition (and the paint pot for the minnows like Hartlepool and Portsmouth to mix with our U21 squad) is absolutely fine IMO.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We need to win and keep the confidence going in the whole squad.
I'll look forward to the game as its my team playing and the prices are really good to take somone else along.
I surport my team and TB and win this one and it could be a big club next round.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We need to win and keep the confidence going in the whole squad.
I'll look forward to the game as its my team playing and the prices are really good to take somone else along.
I surport my team and TB and win this one and it could be a big club next round.

You simply don't spell well.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
I can't help thinking it is time they binned this competition. One major cup competition (and the paint pot for the minnows like Hartlepool and Portsmouth to mix with our U21 squad) is absolutely fine IMO.

But it provides such a brilliant opportunity to watch managers justify why they have just lost to a club with the same overall wage bill that they pay one player in a week!

Also think of Elvis - it gives him a chance to attempt playing football

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ticket site appears to be down for maintenance.

*facepalm*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here