Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League cup 3rd draw thread

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Last season I went and watched Southampton v Villa in the League Cup. They charged a standard £12 for any seat for adults. I thought that was a fair price. I'll likely go to the Reading game for £12 but won't bother if it's £30.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Last season I went and watched Southampton v Villa in the League Cup. They charged a standard £12 for any seat for adults. I thought that was a fair price. I'll likely go to the Reading game for £12 but won't bother if it's £30.

It won't be anywhere near £30

Most likely £15

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
£15 with a travel voucher is a good price.
I doubt very much if that will be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Perfect Draw.................Win and your in the last 16

Lose playing some fringe players to give them game time then ''no big deal'' you can concentrate on important matters like winning the league.

Get to the next round and it would then be worthwhile taking the competition seriously.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Perfect Draw.................Win and your in the last 16

Lose playing some fringe players to give them game time then ''no big deal'' you can concentrate on important matters like winning the league.

Get to the next round and it would then be worthwhile taking the competition seriously.

The fringe players also have a minimum 3 competitive games in the paint pot trophy. I'm delighted we are in it. More game time for our kids

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Happy with this draw. Firstly I wanted a home tie. Secondly a winnable game with another chance to field the fringe players. Check to both of those and really it could have been a much worse draw than this

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Yes I'm well aware of that.As a ST holder my self I'm just trying to dangle some sort of carrot.
I remember in our 1st season at the Amex we drew Gillingham at home in the 1st round &
Got a crowd of 16000.

How many teams could we have drawn tonight
That would have got the Amex nearly full?

I think maybe 8

Arsenal
Spurs
Man Utd
Man city
West Ham
Liverpool
Palace
Chelsea

Feel free to prove me wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would add maybe Everton, Southampton and possibly Leicester to that list. But your point stands, there is only 10 or so ties that would have seen the place full.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Reading fans may have to readjust at the Amex and try and get used to both teams being read out to the crowd.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
really? top of my head in last 10 or so years Newcastle (when half decent) Arsenal twice, Spurs away, Villa away, Liverpool home and away - hardly that bad

Not forgetting Man City 8 years ago at Withdean. That game was one of the highlights of that era.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very happy it is a home draw as Saturday football is difficult for me until New Year and I'll get another game at the Amex :rock:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Pretty underwhelmed (and I'm sure even more so for Reading seeing as they are the away team), but a realistic chance of progression. I wonder if all 4 sides of the ground will be open for this one? A win and it's last 16, so there's a carrot there if we want it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not a good game for supporters but I would think CH looks at it as a winable game and the chance to progress to a big club next round. The same basic team as previous rounds with perhaps a couple extra 1st team starting.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hopefully some sensible ticket pricing and we can see 20.000+ watch us into the last 16.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Prize money for this competition is so poor that it's really not worth being in it unless you can get a tv game.

Happy to have the second string get another competitive game though, and it keeps the likes of Baldock, that left back, Murphy and Hemed, who won't get 90 minuntes every first team game, sharp. Will only consider if it's 10 quid a pop.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Prize money for this competition is so poor that it's really not worth being in it unless you can get a tv game.

Happy to have the second string get another competitive game though, and it keeps the likes of Baldock, that left back, Murphy and Hemed, who won't get 90 minuntes every first team game, sharp. Will only consider if it's 10 quid a pop.

I would be ASTONISHED if its any more than £12.00.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I'll have to miss this one, at the Opera that night. Note to self, never book anything on a tuesday night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here