Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup 1st round draw

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Never liked Southend. Utter dump of a town, & my memory suggests they have been something of a bogey side for us over the years.

May not be backed up statistically :)

We won there around 2008? 2-0, I think Forster and Murray scored after they had a man sent off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We won there around 2008? 2-0, I think Forster and Murray scored after they had a man sent off.

That was under Adams MK2 in August/early Sept and I think we were near the top at that point.

We wasnt by October which is where "I didnt realise we had to be top by October"came out. We all know what happened next.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did the double over brighton the season they won div 3
I prefer to remember the 9-1 at Goldstone.

Does anybody know, do they do the draw for the early rounds in two separate regional draws - one north and one south? They nearly always seem to avoid anybody having to trek from one end of the country to another.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
That was under Adams MK2 in August/early Sept and I think we were near the top at that point.

We wasnt by October which is where "I didnt realise we had to be top by October"came out. We all know what happened next.
I'm sure it was a Friday night and we went top of the league, briefly though. Rest of the season went down hill from there!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
We've drawn Southend United in the first league cup game of the season. Away. Which is nice.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'm sure it was a Friday night and we went top of the league, briefly though. Rest of the season went down hill from there!

It was - we were singing 'we are top of the league' at the end. Hard to believe that we just survived relegation to League 2 that season.

Was very lively before and after the game that night.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It was - we were singing 'we are top of the league' at the end. Hard to believe that we just survived relegation to League 2 that season.

Was very lively before and after the game that night.

Both correct. Remember listening to it on the old Seagulls World with my dad.We scored the second right at the end.

Highly suspect that this a fixture that both Football Liason officer's could have done without so early in the season as no doubt we'll take a "fair few boys" up their shall we say.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Funny how times have changed, last time we played them in the cup, we were in league 1 while they were in the Championship. Lost 3 - 2 I believe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here