League Cup 1st round draw

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Southend away. Meh.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wasn't Bobby Zamora's first game for the Albion an away tie at Southend? Just saying. #omen

No. He had played about ten games on loan the previous season. We then paid £100k for him to join permanently, and that was at the start of the following season, where we opened up against Southend.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
No. He had played about ten games on loan the previous season. We then paid £100k for him to join permanently, and that was at the start of the following season, where we opened up against Southend.

You're right. The first game of that following season was merely the first where I got to see him play. Carry on.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Didn't Adams change the keeper at half time in that game also?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're right. The first game of that following season was merely the first where I got to see him play. Carry on.

Well I won't be too upset if we lose 2-0 and go on to win the league anyway. Come to think of it, I won't be too upset if we lose 2-0 full stop. I can't get excited by this competition.

Didn't Adams change the keeper at half time in that game also?

Yes. Kuipers was hauled off and that other keeper came on. Can't remember his name (Cartwright?) - decent shot-stopper but turned out to be fairly mediocre in all other aspects of his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here