Lay off Barnes. Spare a thought for Greer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Barnes is shit. Deep down we all know that. Some just can't except it. Hopefully today Gus has seen enough, and we wont have to play with 10 men any more :lol:

But

Greer is the other glaring weak link. As soon as him and Barnes are out of the side the better. But I fear we will have to wait until January for our new centre half. Big tough Jock Gordon, who cannot win a header to save his life.

Can anyone remember the last time Greer won a 50/50 in the air. I can't.

Postioning is awful. Watch him the next time the oppostion keeper has the ball
Can't win a header.
Gets pushed off the ball if someone as much as breathes on him.
Doesn't push the defence and plays too deep. Can't lead the defence, let alone the team.
Other than that. Class player!!!

IMO we have a team today of 9 players who can challenge at the top of the table, and Greer and Barnes who would struggle to get in most sides in this division (any in Barnes' case)

We are so close to mounting a serious challenge, yet so far.

Keeper - Best in Division
Full Backs - Get in most sides in division
Dunk - Getting better every game
El Abd - Gives 100% but not really a top championship player, but we all love him. Brighton lad.
Bridcutt - get in any side in this division
Buckley - get in any side in thsi division
Orlandi - Looks special
CMS - if a side plays to his strengths - unplayable - we don't, and I think he'll be off in January as is my understanding
Crofts/Hammond - Would get in "most" sides
Dobbie and Hoskins - If given a run I think they will surprise a lot of people who doubt them

Barnes - Cant see him getting another championship club. Squad player in Division one if that
Greer - The same. Too lightweight.

That is all.

Carry on with your day, and have a lovely Sunday.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You already posted half of that on another thread. Were you so concerned nobody would read it that you felt the need to start another one?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Barnes is shit. Deep down we all know that. Some just can't except it. Hopefully today Gus has seen enough, and we wont have to play with 10 men any more :lol:

But

Greer is the other glaring weak link. As soon as him and Barnes are out of the side the better. But I fear we will have to wait until January for our new centre half. Big tough Jock Gordon, who cannot win a header to save his life.

Can't win a header.
Doesn't push the defence and plays too deep. Can't lead the defence, let alone the team.

IMO we have a team today of 9 players who can challenge at the top of the table, and Greer and Barnes who would struggle to get in most sides in this division (any in Barnes' case)

El Abd - Gives 100% but not really a top championship player, but we all love him. Brighton lad.
Orlandi - Looks special
CMS - if a side plays to his strengths - unplayable - we don't, and I think he'll be off in January as is my understanding
Dobbie and Hoskins - If given a run I think they will surprise a lot of people who doubt them

Barnes - Cant see him getting another championship club. Squad player in Division one if that

That is all.

Fascinating, thanks.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even though essentially it's not really about Greer, but is transparently another excuse to have a dig at Barnes.

Might I politely suggest you stop clogging up the board with endless threads of the same nature, either by reviving your many older threads on the subject or by contributing to existing ones?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Even though essentially it's not really about Greer, but is transparently another excuse to have a dig at Barnes.

Might I politely suggest you stop clogging up the board with endless threads of the same nature, either by reviving your many older threads on the subject or by contributing to existing ones?
Suggest what you like. Its a free country.

It's not another excuse to have a dig at Barnes. I started another one for that. This ones about Greer. I think the clues in the text. Get your detective hat on.

I haven't revived any threads, but thats a good idea Edna.

Come on Edna, deep down thats what you wanted me to do isn't it. Drag up that old thread for 2 years ago, and say I told you so.

Good police work there old girl. :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair to Mr Burns, he puts a lot of (questionable) thought into his posts.

SPEAK ON BURNS. SPEAK ON

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Not sure I agree about either of them but I'd rather read this than another thread about Winifred f**king Zaha.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
I think this is a very good point. the other thing that you see Greer doing a lot of is having a go at everyone else, especially when it's his fault! Anyway no chance that he is going to get dropped!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Burnsy has a point here.

Barnes is clearly not up to standard. Occasionally he plays well, but it is occasionally and that's not good enough at this standard.

Greer is also definitely not putting in captain's performances of late. Looks off the pace, can't header and only ever seems to be complaining at others for his mistakes.

In my view we needs at least 1 top notch centre back (to replace Greer) and a forward for CMS to play off of. Then Barnes and Greer have just gotta be dropped.

Sadly I cant see Gus not playing them both. Ever.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

But

Can't win a header.

Orlandi - Looks special

That is all.

JCL

SuperJP20

Jun 9, 2011
Oh good. Another Greer bashing thread.

Sometimes I actually look forward to him picking up his fifth yellow card of the season so that some people can see how crap our defence would really be without him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I've been saying this for about a month now. Dunk looks about 10 times more secure at the back than him. I really want to see El-Abd and Dunk played together but unfortunately it won't happen.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Greer doesn't look as good alongside Dunk.

Alongside El Abd he is still a good centre half.... Our problems aren't defensively as our record shows.

Our problem is with our constant missed chances at the other end, we have thrown a minimum of 8 points away through missing chances. Points which would have us 2nd yet apparently Greer is an issue ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Greer doesn't look as good alongside Dunk.

Alongside El Abd he is still a good centre half.... Our problems aren't defensively as our record shows.

Our problem is with our constant missed chances at the other end, we have thrown a minimum of 8 points away through missing chances. Points which would have us 2nd yet apparently Greer is an issue ?

Our record shows we concede in the last seconds of a game. That suggests we do have a problem!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Our record shows we concede in the last seconds of a game. That suggests we do have a problem!

Well we've only conceded 16 goals so I wouldnt say defensively we have an issue.

All of the goals we have conceded in the last mins shouldn't have mattered, we had enough chances in the last three games to have won easily. So like I say the problem is up the other end. We concede late because we keep defending so deep holding on to a slim lead that should be 3 or 4. We cannot keep missing 6-8 chances a game and expect to win games.

Nov 19, 2012

But

Can't win a header.

Orlandi - Looks special

That is all.

serious or not agree with all of that,why was Greer swearing at Kuszack again yesterday

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I sais at the start of the season i dont think greer will finish the season as captain tho yesterday i thought was omw of his better games!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports