Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lay off Barnes. Spare a thought for Greer

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
I sais at the start of the season i dont think greer will finish the season as captain tho yesterday i thought was omw of his better games!

I agree, I thought Greer was good yesterday. Although I do agree with the OP, despite our excellent defensive record, I think Greer has proved to a weak link recently. However, I do think he has the quality to turn it around and use yesterdays performance as base level for improvement.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Barnes is shit. Deep down we all know that. Some just can't except it. Hopefully today Gus has seen enough, and we wont have to play with 10 men any more :lol:

But

Greer is the other glaring weak link. As soon as him and Barnes are out of the side the better. But I fear we will have to wait until January for our new centre half. Big tough Jock Gordon, who cannot win a header to save his life.

Can anyone remember the last time Greer won a 50/50 in the air. I can't.

Postioning is awful. Watch him the next time the oppostion keeper has the ball
Can't win a header.
Gets pushed off the ball if someone as much as breathes on him.
Doesn't push the defence and plays too deep. Can't lead the defence, let alone the team.
Other than that. Class player!!!

IMO we have a team today of 9 players who can challenge at the top of the table, and Greer and Barnes who would struggle to get in most sides in this division (any in Barnes' case)

We are so close to mounting a serious challenge, yet so far.

Keeper - Best in Division
Full Backs - Get in most sides in division
Dunk - Getting better every game
El Abd - Gives 100% but not really a top championship player, but we all love him. Brighton lad.
Bridcutt - get in any side in this division
Buckley - get in any side in thsi division
Orlandi - Looks special
CMS - if a side plays to his strengths - unplayable - we don't, and I think he'll be off in January as is my understanding
Crofts/Hammond - Would get in "most" sides
Dobbie and Hoskins - If given a run I think they will surprise a lot of people who doubt them

Barnes - Cant see him getting another championship club. Squad player in Division one if that
Greer - The same. Too lightweight.

That is all.

Carry on with your day, and have a lovely Sunday.

Can't really argue with any of that.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Explain to me how them winning 50/50 headers cost us anything yesterday? The main action I recall from Greer yesterday was throwing himself brilliantly in front of what looked like a definite goal in front of the North Stand.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even though essentially it's not really about Greer, but is transparently another excuse to have a dig at Barnes.

Barnes is shit. Deep down we all know that. Some just can't except it. Hopefully today Gus has seen enough, and we wont have to play with 10 men any more :lol:
IMO we have a team today of 9 players who can challenge at the top of the table, and Greer and Barnes who would struggle to get in most sides in this division (any in Barnes' case)

Barnes - Cant see him getting another championship club. Squad player in Division one if that
Greer - The same. Too lightweight.

It's not another excuse to have a dig at Barnes. I started another one for that. This ones about Greer. I think the clues in the text.
Ok, thanks for pointing that out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Greer was poor at Wolves but very good at Huddersfield.

He has not been as impressive as in the past, but everyone has a poor spell.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What gets me about the posts abusing our own players is that none of them are "shit". Some of them are better than others, of course, as will always be the case. In years gone by, we can all think of truly dreadful players who haven't deserved to be in the side and, more importantly, didn't appear to be that bothered about playing for us. Nobody in this team comes even close to that description so the slating they get from some so-called supporters is disgusting.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What gets me about the posts abusing our own players is that none of them are "shit". Some of them are better than others, of course, as will always be the case. In years gone by, we can all think of truly dreadful players who haven't deserved to be in the side and, more importantly, didn't appear to be that bothered about playing for us. Nobody in this team comes even close to that description so the slating they get from some so-called supporters is disgusting.

With you 100% blue..none appear to have watched lamie robertson

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Explain to me how them winning 50/50 headers cost us anything yesterday? The main action I recall from Greer yesterday was throwing himself brilliantly in front of what looked like a definite goal in front of the North Stand.

I dont think Mr Burns is stating that any 50/50 headers did cost us yesterday. He's merely pointing out that our centre half doesnt win many over the course of a season. For a centre half thats pretty poor. lol

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Greer was class yesterday; his magnificent block at the end of the first half saved a goal.

Appreciate that football is all about opinions but cannot get my head around "supporters" who criticize our captain's performance yesterday. Just do not get it.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Might I politely suggest you stop clogging up the board with endless threads of the same nature, either by reviving your many older threads on the subject or by contributing to existing ones?

Heaven forbid that on a football forum someone posts threads about our players!

I suppose you prefer more threads about who's had the biggest dump this morning or the odds on us getting a dusting of snow next week???!!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Greer wasn't bad yesterday, made some crucial blocks, performance recently hasn't been the best but all players have poor runs of form, think Greer is ending his now, whereas Barnes is having his poor run now, which means he needs to be dropped.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Heaven forbid that on a football forum someone posts threads about our players!

I suppose you prefer more threads about who's had the biggest dump this morning or the odds on us getting a dusting of snow next week?!!!

I think the point Edna was trying to make is that new threads are started when the subject matter has already been discussed ad infinitum on existing threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here