The Black Country
The Daily Mail :lolol:

The people who believe anthing that is printed in that paper :laugh:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My Dear Old Thing, not Trollong but trying to point out that we live in an age where it is acceptable to attack certain members of society but not others. The amount of poisonous abuse directed at those likely to support The Conservative Party seems to get applauded. I'm certainly not saying that what the Lawyer said was right given his position but if it had been a street cleaner uttering such a heathenous onslaught, would you complain and demand he hand over his trusted broom and cart to another fellow? When I heard the the clip played on LBC yesterday evening I thought it was an interview with Boris johnson.

Given that you started the thread saying he was sacked for saying 'the truth', what evidence do you base your conclusion that the people of Liverpool are 'scum'?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Most football supporters have come away from a defeat seething : True ... often spouting extreme loathing for the opposition : debatable

Don't assume I was talking about myself

A very sound assumption, based on the evidence contained within your short but nevertheless parochial posting history.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A very sound assumption, based on the evidence contained within your short but nevertheless parochial posting history.

After a brief glimpse at your vast posting history I see condescending posts are the norm. I am honoured to have joined the ranks of the patronised.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Given that you started the thread saying he was sacked for saying 'the truth', what evidence do you base your conclusion that the people of Liverpool are 'scum'?

Why do so many Brighton supporters refer to Crystal Palace supporters as scum? After reading other related article about this case on the internet regarding this case, I have come to the conclusion that The Daily Mail has not reported the full case. This was not a "one off" attack on the people of Liverpool by this person, as previously in a blog he described the city as being in bred and the Men as Jimmy Savilles. I feel that he should have been sacked.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hailing from the fine city of Manchester as One does, this is something that is installed in us from an early age. Why do so many Brighton supporters refer to Crystal Palace supporters as scum?

Once again you are trolling...............and I know this is a new account after you were banned for the same thing before, when posting as 'The Truth' and 'Toko'.

Please refrain.

p.s. I don't hail from Manchester, you've tried this one before and were found out on it.

Last edited:

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
If this guy was a genuine high flyer then I would be very surprised if they sacked him at the first opportunity.

He was a partner (that might mean he was a consultant, rather than actually having a share in the partnership) so he was by no means a junior lawyer. He had also been headhunted by this US firm to set up their London office. I suspect they've got what they needed out of him and saw no reason to shoulder the bad PR. American law firms tend to be much more sensitive to that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sorry if I'm incorrect, but I'm sure I'd previously read that you supported Man U until an unfortunate train journey with your then fellow football club supporters.

Didn't one of them pooh on a train seat?
The Palace team coach driver is a Man Utd fan?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He was a partner (that might mean he was a consultant, rather than actually having a share in the partnership) so he was by no means a junior lawyer. He had also been headhunted by this US firm to set up their London office. I suspect they've got what they needed out of him and saw no reason to shoulder the bad PR. American law firms tend to be much more sensitive to that.

He certainly was experienced. He qualified as a solicitor in 1982, so likely to be in or close to his 60's.

Cheaper to get him out on this ticket than make him redundant and risk an age related claim for dismissal?

American firms are very PR sensitive and wary of the law.

The Sun discovered that officials at Sharm El Sheikh official were taking backhanders to allow people to avoid security checks five months ago.

News International lawyers were afraid of a corporate prosecution under the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, as it effectively amounted to bribing an official, and so spiked the story.

I'm not saying the terrorist bombers took the same approach last week at that airport, but.....

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Once again you are trolling...............and I know this is a new account after you were banned for the same thing before, when posting as 'The Truth' and 'Toko'.

Please refrain.

p.s. I don't hail from Manchester, you've tried this one before and were found out on it.

Sorry old Boy, never have been The truth or Toko and never suggested that you had anything to do with the fine city of Manchester. I admit that starting the thread getting sacked for telling the truth was somewhat naughty for which I shall go a thrash myself 1,000 times unless you wish to administer the lashes.

ps. I'm off for a while now globe trotting for a spot of winter sun shine. Hope the team carry on doing well xx

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
After a brief glimpse at your vast posting history I see condescending posts are the norm. I am honoured to have joined the ranks of the patronised.

Good, and try not to be so silly in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here