Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lawyer sacked for telling the truth

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love the way he tried to temper his anger. Bet now he wished he'd now really just gone for it if he was going to get sacked anyway!

Fool either way. That's what NSC is for. The 21st century equivalent of kicking the cat. Thank you once again Bozza, you're keeping us all in jobs' :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sadly that is the society we seem to live in now people calling for sackings as a first option for one example of crass stupidity. I'm guessing if he was senior enough or worth £££££ to the company a grovelling apology would suffice.

Perhaps he was a bit of a plum and the employer was looking for an excuse to get rid of him without having to pay redundancy?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Perhaps he was a bit of a plum and the employer was looking for an excuse to get rid of him without having to pay redundancy?

That is possible. Perhaps he can find a new career at the Bridge as they may need a new relegation clause added to their Insurance policy.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
So it's acceptable to accuse someone of being a Nasty Tory, A Toff facist etc but all daggers are out when a person has a go at Liverpudlians. I accept that his choice of words were stupid and with his background he could have been more articulate but as usual there seems to be one rule for one and one for another. I doubt the Gentleman in question will have trouble getting another job. A written warning about his future conduct, a donation to Charity and an apology to the poor down trodden of Liverpool would have been a far more sensible solution. It seems as if one has more freedom of speech/expression in North Korea than in dear old Blighty these days

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So it's acceptable to accuse someone of being a Nasty Tory, A Toff facist etc but all daggers are out when a person has a go at Liverpudlians. I accept that his choice of words were stupid and with his background he could have been more articulate but as usual there seems to be one rule for one and one for another. I doubt the Gentleman in question will have trouble getting another job. A written warning about his future conduct, a donation to Charity and an apology to the poor down trodden of Liverpool would have been a far more sensible solution. It seems as if one has more freedom of speech/expression in North Korea than in dear old Blighty these days

I suspect that if he was highly valued by the employer he would have had little more than a reprimand.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is my guess. And I reckon it's the same when anyone gets sacked for something daft that they post on social media.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is my guess. And I reckon it's the same when anyone gets sacked for something daft that they post on social media.

Just look at the contrasting behaviour of Leicester towards Vardy and the development squad players who made stupid comments

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I suspect that if he was highly valued by the employer he would have had little more than a reprimand.

He is an award winning lawyer. Everyone these days is far too precious and people need to toughen up a bit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He is an award winning lawyer. Everyone these days is far too precious and people need to toughen up a bit.

Winning awards and being good can be mutually exclusive though.

5062193957_92a0854b50_n.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on, football brings out a different 'us' to your normal self at times. We've all said irrational things in the heat of the moment. Silly thing to do on TV admittedly...

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Perhaps not. If it had been some ordinary Joe Bloggs I doubt that the story would ever had seen the light of day. The amount of venomous abuse directed towards the so called "Toffs" of society completely out ways what is said about the less fortunate. If only the Peasants accepted their place and standing in life, Our once great Nation would be such a nicer place in which to live.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Most football supporters have come away from a defeat seething often spouting extreme loathing for the opposition. The trick is not to be stupid enough to go on camera or online under your own name spouting your views if it could damage your career. He was a bit of a plonker but is that really a reason to lose his job. Would everyone who thinks he had it coming say the same if he worked in a different profession (Doctor) I wonder.

Wrong; don't judge others by your own behaviour.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps not. If it had been some ordinary Joe Bloggs I doubt that the story would ever had seen the light of day. The amount of venomous abuse directed towards the so called "Toffs" of society completely out ways what is said about the less fortunate. If only the Peasants accepted their place and standing in life, Our once great Nation would be such a nicer place in which to live.

I see you are trolling again.

I'd be cautious before being too starry eyed about the awards he has won. It doesn't appear to be given by The Law Society, for example, but instead by the 'Best Lawyer Guide', which makes it's money through advertising and holding industry junkets.

Having sat on awarding panels for similar ceremonies myself, what tends to happen is that you are sent a list of names and firms, and often the names of the firms sponsoring awards, and then make a decision in ten minutes whilst doing other things. There is then an industry pissup at a restaurant where firms wine and dine clients, and the awards are dished out between the sponsoring firms on a random basis. The nominations often come from the firms and lawyers themselves, rather than clients.

If this guy was a genuine high flyer then I would be very surprised if they sacked him at the first opportunity.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I see you are trolling again.

I'd be cautious before being too starry eyed about the awards he has won. It doesn't appear to be given by The Law Society, for example, but instead by the 'Best Lawyer Guide', which makes it's money through advertising and holding industry junkets.

Having sat on awarding panels for similar ceremonies myself, what tends to happen is that you are sent a list of names and firms, and often the names of the firms sponsoring awards, and then make a decision in ten minutes whilst doing other things. There is then an industry pissup at a restaurant where firms wine and dine clients, and the awards are dished out between the sponsoring firms on a random basis. The nominations often come from the firms and lawyers themselves, rather than clients.

If this guy was a genuine high flyer then I would be very surprised if they sacked him at the first opportunity.

My Dear Old Thing, not Trollong but trying to point out that we live in an age where it is acceptable to attack certain members of society but not others. The amount of poisonous abuse directed at those likely to support The Conservative Party seems to get applauded. I'm certainly not saying that what the Lawyer said was right given his position but if it had been a street cleaner uttering such a heathenous onslaught, would you complain and demand he hand over his trusted broom and cart to another fellow? When I heard the the clip played on LBC yesterday evening I thought it was an interview with Boris johnson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here