Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*LATEST train news*

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh well. You're home safely now. Chin up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Left the Amex at 2235. Two trains later and I was home by twenty past eleven. I don't think that's too bad at all.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ran like Usain after the final whistle, train was good from Falmer. First train out of Brighton to Chi was 22-33, stopping at all stops......4 friggin coaches.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Arrived at Brighton from Hassocks at 7, put on an 8 car train at ten past.

Back on the train at half ten, in hassocks soon after.

Best I've ever known it for a night game and hopefully someone will see the value in running 8 car trains rather than the 2 and 3 carriages you normally see! 1 train shifted massive queue.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Awful communication by the club by saying the trains were running a normal service when they werent, then there was the attitude of the Transport Manager on Twitter when people said they werent happy.

Credit to Southern for running 8-car trains on the Seaford line tonight - very, very rarely that happens, yet people still packed the front coaches and didnt bother to move down the train.

That said, getting back to Eastbourne was a shambles for those who didnt leave early with ALL connecting trains at Lewes being cancelled and the train at 22.35 being cancelled too, the only one was at 22.53 - which they then cancelled as they ran the late 22.35 instead and made it call at all stations.

2 hours there and 2 hours back is the longest it has ever taken.

In the afternoon, Southern claimed it would be normal service too. They lied.

By early evening, trains were going missing from the timetable.

They couldn't guarantee a train to Hastings. Was with elderly dad, so left at HT. Wasn't prepared to get home at midnight or later

Southern had all day to get trains and staff in right place. Truth is, they don't care about customers. Shameful, really.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
In the afternoon, Southern claimed it would be normal service too. They lied.

By early evening, trains were going missing from the timetable.

They couldn't guarantee a train to Hastings. Was with elderly dad, so left at HT. Wasn't prepared to get home at midnight or later

Southern had all day to get trains and staff in right place. Truth is, they don't care about customers. Shameful, really.

Normally I would argue the toss on this one. When events are out of their control, I understand it can be tricky to put things right, with trains and crew scattered randomly. In this instance it was a planned shut down of the network, so they knew exactly where trains and crew were. I can not think of a reasonable excuse for a poor service.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Best midweek game ever, was home in Bexhill earlier last night than I was for the Sheffield Wednesday game, got a bit wet waiting for the E'Bourne train which was 12 minutes late and came at 22:15 but that was the time of the Seaford train anyway, straight onto the platform for the first time after a midweek game normally the queue starts up on the bridge when I get there after the game. More of the same please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here