Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

latest on bennett

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011

Not really. He's exactly the type of player lambo would sign from what i know of him. Young, on the way up rather than at the end of his career, technically decent and able to play in a variety of positions. The fact that he can play on the wing will certainly be a factor but we play a diamond formation most of the time and i would think Bennett could play in any of the 3 more advanced positions. Hoolahan or Lansbury tend to play at the tip of the diamond and i think Lambert likes to have 2 players of that type. Lansbury's loan has just finished so Bennett coming in would make a lot of sense.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Out of interest, why wouldn't Arsenal loan Lansbury for the rest of the season? He won't get near their Premier League side and the Carling Cup is almost done.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If Arsenal won't loan Lansbury to Norwich for the rest of the season, how about he comes to us...if Bennett does go to Norwich like?

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
i think they only wanted him out on loan again to get his fitness back as he was returning from injury

and after reading his twitter account, i'm glad he's gone back!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Clearly Bennett is a Championship level player who can demand Championship level wages, so to keep him happy we'll realistically need to pay him what he is worth.

I see TB's statement that Gus doesn't have to sell him, as more than just the club doesn't need the transfer fee - it's that the club will pay Elliott's market rate and so won't be in a position to be forced to sell him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Benno played for Saints there would be a £4M price tag to deter bids coming in for him.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
No news but an interesting outside view on this saga.

FansNetwork/NeverMindTheDanger.co.uk - A Million? Pounds? Stirling? - Norwich City news

According to the stories being put about by Brighton supporters, Norwich City has had a one million pound bid for Elliot Bennet turned down.
A million pounds?
Norwich City is ambitious and eyes are turning towards the heavens as week after week the club stays in competition for an automatic promotion spot. As such manager Paul Lambert is getting all the backing he needs to reinforce his squad.
But, a million quid?
There will be players that Lambo feels will suit the role he has in mind for them, As he has proved so very well with almost all of his acquisitions so far.
But a million smackers?
Norwich City Football Club is fighting, successfully, to stave of falling into administration, but the debts are still significant.
Paul Lambert is very aware of this and shops around accordingly. He does know that if he spots a diamond in the dirt the club will come up with the finances to unearth that jewel.
As highly as Brighton chairman, manager and supporters rate Elliot Bennett, he is not that dirty diamond.
A million. Ha.

Who comes up with such figures? Whatever Norwich City might look capable of achieving come May, the bare facts are that it is a club that, even the manager admits, is punching above its weight.

This dream castle everybody lives in is only a council house, really. Nicely decorated, but still vulnerable to upset.

So buying a midfielder from a Division One club, regardless of their current position is not something that Norwich or Lambert would consider risking a million on. Not when there are skills aplenty already on hand.

A Million? Dream on,

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Did the possibility of Bennett leaving inspire you to register and post for the first time? Sound financial advice there for Delia :thumbsup:

Ha no look at my registration date.... I'm a lurker! Oh and thanks for the warm welcome! With such prolific posters as yourself coming out with abuse to anyone who should join the site I can see why so many people complain about the site.

Last edited:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Ha no look at my registration date.... I'm a lurker! Oh and thanks for the warm welcome! With such prolific posters as yourself coming out with abuse to anyone who should join the site I can see why so many people complain about the site.

Don't you go arguing with our Edna, newbie !

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blimey, what part of that post did you perceive to be abuse?? :ohmy:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I think Edna is on your side, helipilot. Just forgot it's 2011! I'd make sure your tax disc is up to date though to be on the safe side. :wink:

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea

Eh? Where was the abuse in that?

Anyway - it seems Narge are taking a risk here. If they do push the financial boat out for players like Benno, said players may find themselves in the mix when they're having to try and recoup some of the finances. Time for Delia to write another book, methinks.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Are you paranoid or on drugs ? NSC is one of the oldest boards around and frankly anybody who is unhappy here is politely told that nobody forces them to read or post here. If you thinkEdna is rude you need to stay in more.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No news but an interesting outside view on this saga.

FansNetwork/NeverMindTheDanger.co.uk - A Million? Pounds? Stirling? - Norwich City news

According to the stories being put about by Brighton supporters, Norwich City has had a one million pound bid for Elliot Bennet turned down.
A million pounds?
Norwich City is ambitious and eyes are turning towards the heavens as week after week the club stays in competition for an automatic promotion spot. As such manager Paul Lambert is getting all the backing he needs to reinforce his squad.
But, a million quid?
There will be players that Lambo feels will suit the role he has in mind for them, As he has proved so very well with almost all of his acquisitions so far.
But a million smackers?
Norwich City Football Club is fighting, successfully, to stave of falling into administration, but the debts are still significant.
Paul Lambert is very aware of this and shops around accordingly. He does know that if he spots a diamond in the dirt the club will come up with the finances to unearth that jewel.
As highly as Brighton chairman, manager and supporters rate Elliot Bennett, he is not that dirty diamond.
A million. Ha.

Who comes up with such figures? Whatever Norwich City might look capable of achieving come May, the bare facts are that it is a club that, even the manager admits, is punching above its weight.

This dream castle everybody lives in is only a council house, really. Nicely decorated, but still vulnerable to upset.

So buying a midfielder from a Division One club, regardless of their current position is not something that Norwich or Lambert would consider risking a million on. Not when there are skills aplenty already on hand.

A Million? Dream on,

I like this. If this carrot muncher is right, and they wouldn't dream of stretching to that kind of figure, then they won't be signing Elliott Bennett.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank you chaps, anyway Mr Helipilot, however you took it, what I actually meant was that I thought it was a good thing that someone who hadn't posted before evidently felt so strongly about Bennett potentially leaving that you signed up & made your first post. Granted I didn't clock that you actually registered a year ago, only your post count, but it certainly wasn't meant to be a dig.

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here