latest on bennett

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
but if players are offered,double,treble wages,they will go,ala BENTto villa,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The longer this rumbles on the more pessimistic I am getting about our chances of keeping him.

why? because people stir it up it doesnt mean theres much going on. this is a four day old rumour. since then we've gone from "Norwich expressed an interest" to apparently multiple bids turned down, we've had an unequivocal "we arent selling" message from the chariman and a couple of Norwich fans suggesting they dont think they could spend £1m+ on a player. the latest on Bennett in reality is the same as it was on Friday: he's a Brighton player and it doesnt look like we are selling.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Whilst I would be gutted if Bennett left, it becomes difficult if the bids go up to £1.5 - £2 million. He is just one player and as we know with LuaLua anything can happen in terms of injuries. A bid in that region, assuming it was early enough for us to buy players, would allow us to bring two or three very good players at this and Championship level. I am not saying I would accept it, just that it becomes a hard decision then.

I really hope Norwich don't come in with that sort of bid as he is a crucial player for us.

To be honest if Gus and TB really want Bennet to stay, as I believe they do, then no amount of money short of something ridiculous like £5million, will be enough to prise EB away from the Albion. The worry is, if Norwich dangle a huge bag of unrefusable swag at Bennett and he (or his agent) actually agitates for the move himself. My personal opinion is that he will choose to stay, as we look a good bet to be in the championship next year with a a decent side and fantastic stadium. If he does well then, then maybe bigger teams than Norwich will declare an interest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hi Haydn, I think we have a great chance of keeping Elliott, He is very important for us. Regards, Gus

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011
why? because people stir it up it doesnt mean theres much going on. this is a four day old rumour. since then we've gone from "Norwich expressed an interest" to apparently multiple bids turned down, we've had an unequivocal "we arent selling" message from the chariman and a couple of Norwich fans suggesting they dont think they could spend £1m+ on a player. the latest on Bennett in reality is the same as it was on Friday: he's a Brighton player and it doesnt look like we are selling.

All true, aside from your chairman actually said he doesn't "intend or need to" sell, there was no unequivaocal "we won't sell" though, I'm afraid.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All true, aside from your chairman actually said he doesn't "intend or need to" sell, there was no unequivaocal "we won't sell" though, I'm afraid.

everyone has a price. you got 4 or 5mill sloshing around for a midfielder? its as unequivocal as you get in football.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
GP does not want to sell EB.

TB may have a price which he will take for purely business reasons (like £1.5M for Adam Virgo and £650K for Mark Beeney).

I think someone should kidnap EB's agent to be on the safe side.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
but if players are offered,double,treble wages,they will go,ala BENTto villa,

Difference is Sean, Bent went for almost £24m and Sunderland couldnt say no. If we were offered say £3.5 m then no doubt we'll be in the same postion. But £1 is an insult. What with Wolves sell on share and the financial rewards of promotion, there is no way we should accept an offer this low. If i was bloom i'd ring up and demand to speak to the chairman/owner of Nowrwich and say "Tell ya what f*** off untill you can come back with a proper offer cos your starting to piss me off! Your messing with my players, my managment and my fans. Now f*** off and go and talk to a club that wants small change cos i aint interested."

Well its made me feel better so im sure it would work Mr Bloom!!!!!!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Difference is Sean, Bent went for almost £24m and Sunderland couldnt say no. If we were offered say £3.5 m then no doubt we'll be in the same postion. But £1 is an insult. What with Wolves sell on share and the financial rewards of promotion, there is no way we should accept an offer this low. If i was bloom i'd ring up and demand to speak to the chairman/owner of Nowrwich and say "Tell ya what f*** off untill you can come back with a proper offer cos your starting to piss me off! Your messing with my players, my managment and my fans. Now f*** off and go and talk to a club that wants small change cos i aint interested."

Well its made me feel better so im sure it would work Mr Bloom!!!!!!!!

LOL john,£1 is a insult,hope your not in charge of the money for the nsc greyhound:lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gus said a pretty undeniable NO to us selling Bennett in the Q&A.

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
If he did go and Poyet didn't wan't him too. Poyet may start to think that he cannot build a successful club if they have to sell when they don't really want to! The rot then starts to set in!

This is a thorough test of Mr Blooms strength (not commitment as that is proven)when under pressure.
I do not think he will be allowed to leave before the end of the season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If he did go and Poyet didn't wan't him too. Poyet may start to think that he cannot build a successful club if they have to sell when they don't really want to! The rot then starts to set in!

This is a thorough test of Mr Blooms strength (not commitment as that is proven)when under pressure.
I do not think he will be allowed to leave before the end of the season.

Well Bloom has already stated publicly that Gus does not have to sell any player in January.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Depending the outcome ( hope EB stays) isn't it nice to have a chairman who is in the position financially and mentally to not fold (poker pun intended) when offers are coming in for our players. Lets face it this is going to happen more often now as Gus has a good eye for players and they are going to catch the eye of the big boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here