latest on bennett

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Difficult one. 1 million for a L1 player is fantastic but he is very very important for us and didn';t someone say promotion is worth 4m .

It's down to Bennett really I guess despite what TB and GP say.

If Bennett indicates he wants to go then 1.25m would be a good return but would need to all be re-invested otherwise we have a problem

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Agree with many here. £1m is not nearly enough for him. Promotion with him still here will be far more important and lucrative for the Albion. £2m yes but not £1m. Remember Virgo went to Celtic for £1.5m and yes the were robbed blind !!!!! There is no comparison whatsoever between the two ( no disrespect to virgo )

£1m is a lot of money for a league one player. Its not great business if it costs us a lucrative promotion though.

£1m isn't a lot for a player with the potential he has. Every time I've watched Brighton, he's been the stand-out player - so to lose him now may be catastrophic.

IMHO, Unless there is Premiership interest he would be better off staying where he is. You don't swap Falmer for Carrow Rd for the sake of 4 months in the Championship.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
£1m isn't a lot for a player with the potential he has. Every time I've watched Brighton, he's been the stand-out player - so to lose him now may be catastrophic.

IMHO, Unless there is Premiership interest he would be better off staying where he is. You don't swap Falmer for Carrow Rd for the sake of 4 months in the Championship.

This.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Keep him, let him show his skill for us in the Championship next season and clubs will be bidding £3-4 million for him.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Spot on.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Wise words from the natterjack. As others have posted - it will depend whether he wants to go.

I must say that when interviewed he has always come over as a thoroughly decent bloke.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Keep him, let him show his skill for us in the Championship next season and clubs will be bidding £3-4 million for him.

If he can do it in the Championship which i believe he will then your figures look spot on.

Boyd was rated 2 million in league 1

Fabian Delph went for quite a few million

Huddersfield have turned down 5 bids for Pilks (I read there board a lot) They rate him 2 million.

I million is a joke

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The other thing that is MASSIVE here is that it needs sorting one way or the other SHARPISH! We absolutely cannot lose Benno in the last few days of the window without a replacement

Exactly how do we stop clubs putting in offers for our players during the transfer window.

With regard to some of the other childish posts who seem to think there is a reservoir of players of EB calibre just waiting for GP to go and get them if EB is sold. There aren't, that's why he is worth a lot of money and why we want to hold on to him.

What planet (other than planet NSC) do some of you lot live on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Exactly how do we stop clubs putting in offers for our players during the transfer window.

With regard to some of the other childish posts who seem to think there is a reservoir of players of EB calibre just waiting for GP to go and get them if EB is sold. There aren't, that's why he is worth a lot of money and why we want to hold on to him.

Unbelievable mate i know.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Not forgetting that Lallana is allegedly worth £5 million (before he got injured) and Oxlade Chamberlain is worth £10m so how the hell can Bennett only be worth £1 million. Tell Norwich to bog off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just hope EB honours the 3.5 year contract he signed not so long ago.
For all we know he might have a clause, in said contract, that triggers a move once the sum of £1,000,001 is bid.

Careful what you wish for.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
lots of ifs and buts here
we really do want him for the promotion push and if we get promoted I am sure he will be worth a lot more than the figures quoted here,as I have said before if he comes with us to the championship and plays as well as he is now then I can see offers around 5m he is a fairly stable sort of lad and I'm sure he will want to see out the promotion push then sit back and look at his future

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not forgetting that Lallana is allegedly worth £5 million (before he got injured) and Oxlade Chamberlain is worth £10m so how the hell can Bennett only be worth £1 million. Tell Norwich to bog off.

Or Fabian Delph, who left League One Leeds for Villa for an initial £6million rising to £8million.

A lot of it is about WHO is offering. The big money is almost always from Prem clubs, so if you're going to sell then sell to one of them. If, say, West Ham thought he was good enough for the Prem then even £2million looks light.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

If he can do it in the Championship which i believe he will then your figures look spot on.

Boyd was rated 2 million in league 1

Fabian Delph went for quite a few million

Huddersfield have turned down 5 bids for Pilks (I read there board a lot) They rate him 2 million.

I million is a joke

Sensible well thought out posts all. Not sure what you guys are doing on here :lolol:

As I said on the 'What's EB worth?' thread £2m is an absolute minimum.

The talk of the Championship being worth £4m extra to the Albion is the least of it, this is just the TV money you get at the start of the season. It does not include any extra televised games or the increased revenue from proper away followings, a figure nearer £6m would be more accurate. This alone makes Benno's value to us (an important distinction here) £2m or more.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For me it's just a case of rejecting all bids - we're not desperate for money anymore and need promotion going into the Amex. Offer 2 mil - offer 3mil - we should still jsut turn it down - not for sale = not for sale. f*** off Norwich we're going to be not to dis-similar from you in the future (no offence Norwich fans on here)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports