Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

latest on bennett

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Although I would like to agree with this, as I bloody love Glenn and what he brings to the team no-one else can offer, but I wouldn't want a Beckford like scenario where he starts not trying towards the end of the season with the fear of getting injured etc. I just wish he would sign a new contract :(

Beckford did score the winner to get Leeds promoted on the last day of the season though!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Adam Hammill from Barnsley to Wolves today for just £500K.

Quality winger. Only 23. Bargain buy.
Puts things into perspective maybe

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Adam Hammill from Barnsley to Wolves today for just £500K.

Quality winger. Only 23. Bargain buy.
Puts things into perspective maybe

Barely relevant. Did he have 2.5 years left on his contract? Were Barnsley in a financial position to turn it down?

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011
Poyet and chairman Tony Bloom are standing their ground as far as Bennett is concerned.

"We're just trying to make sure Elliott stays here," Poyet said. "We're fighting hard and we hope he is going to be here.

"There have been, as you can imagine, contacts, phone calls and things going on but we're trying to maintain what the chairman said to everyone in his statement and that is still the situation."

Hmmm. Wouldn't have thought it would be a very hard fight if he wants to stay as much as you all claim!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I haven't seen a single post claiming that Elliott wants to stay. As far as I am aware, he hasn't commented publicly either way.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
i think he is open to leaving but will stay as if he was 100% committed to staying, clubs would no longer declare an interest

we all know how football and agents work

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Indeed we do, and if EB's agent is typical, then he'd like:
a) EB to leave so he can trouser a few quid
b) EB to stay on an improved contract so he can trouser a few quid

What he would not like is EB to make an unequivocal statement that he is staying before aforementioned few quid has been trousered.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

What he would not like is EB to make an unequivocal statement that he is staying before aforementioned few quid has been trousered.

best summary of the situation on umpteen threads and countless posts..............says all that needs to be said about the whole situation as it stands

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
rumour on a transfer rumour website says agent wants him to go but he doesnt, probably nearer the truth.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
rumour on a transfer rumour website says agent wants him to go but he doesnt, probably nearer the truth.

Translation: Agent a bit skint and wants to generate an unwanted transfer to get a wedge in his pocket. f***ing agents :rant:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
From Ian Holloway
"Charlie Adam is NOT leaving Blackpool. How much is he worth? It's £46m if we stay in the Premier League, so... £46m."

Turn it into Bennett and the Championship value and we get the price Norwich or anyone has to pay

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Is that the site that anyone can write on and is filled with nonsense?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
From Ian Holloway
"Charlie Adam is NOT leaving Blackpool. How much is he worth? It's £46m if we stay in the Premier League, so... £46m."

Turn it into Bennett and the Championship value and we get the price Norwich or anyone has to pay

Trust Holloway to come out with a classic statement like that. I ruddy love Holloway.

That is because, as to be expected, he is uncertain now. My friend spoke to his girlfriend/wife? and she said he is very uncertain now and that he was happy at Brighton and looking at houses but as he is renting a flat and the prospect of more money comes into things,again, he is unsure. I am still however happy that both TB, GP and the coach I spoke to are adamant he is going no where and they will do everything possible to keep him.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
From Ian Holloway

He's jolly class that man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here