Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest BHA tranfer rumour on Twitter

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Be honest, you'd love Murray upfront with CMS
Honestly...
Murray is a good player. He was our best striker last season, we played better when he was in the team. He has signed for Palace for about £8k, because Gus didn't want to offer him £8k. I was surprised by that, but I didn't know gus was able to spend £2.5m on CMS. Gus decided that although good, Murray was not good enough to get in our starting line up next year. And no one here knows as much about Murray's quality as Gus does.

So no, I wouldn't love Murray up front with CMS, although it would have been nice to have him as backup.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
What the hell? Why is everyone suddenly having a go about Murray... here's a couple of facts for you

1) He sent us up last season with his goals
2) There were a lot of people sad to see him go and worried about the consequences
3) Most of us chanted his name last season

Come on, he's a good player. But we've now got a better one.

At the end of the day, we'll see who made the shrewdest moves in the transfer window next season....

for someone who scored plenty of goals, i think Fifth Column is right to point out he wasn't recognised as a favourite by many fans when compared with lesser players that have gone before, becuase of his attitude.

:facepalm: Look, all you Palace fans on here getting your knickers in a twist over the fact the Albion are surpassing you mugs in every department need to understand that Murray was not signed by Poyet and simply put he wasn't bothered about him leaving as he had better players lined up for the Championship. He was offered a contract for what he was worth and we wouldn't budge on it for a player likely to be warming our bench. Its a bit depressing he's gone to your lot simply because of the rivalry but no-one down here is really bothered any more. You'll soon learn to call him by his nickname - 'Offside Murray' and when he sulks his way through his inevitable 9 game no scoring run you lot will get on his back and he'll bang in a transfer request so he can move 'oop north'. We replaced him with Hoskins, a younger, quicker player who scored as many goals as Murray in a shite Brizzle rovers team that was relegated. Murray doesn't do interviews, he doesn't engage with the fans, he sulks and is generally a moody northern git, you really are very welcome to him. He was never a fans favourite or even anywhere close to being so and was only valued for his goals in a lower division. You lot think you've got Lionel Messi, you haven't you've got an average Championship striker with issues and baggage 0 good luck with that. Mackail Smith on the other hand is a hard working tireless quick striker who last season I hated to admit was miles better than Glenda Murray and proved so with his impressive goals ratio. So stop with trying to play the Murray card as if it bothers us, he did ok for us but was high maintenance and you'll find that out soon enough. He'll be mysteriously injured at some stage too, coincidentally this will be when he isn't getting many goals, did I tell you that bit? Have fun with him, he'll give you plenty to shout about.

this

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I can't remember the last time our fans got on a player's back. Every player at Selhurst get's 100% support as long as they play for us, it's just how it goes.

We'll see how Murray reacts when he sees the welcome he gets on the opening day. Hopefully we'll see his reaction again when he scores on his debut.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wow this thread has really brought out the Surrey slime ... why do they keep calling themselves a London club by the way? Are they embarrassed by Surrey? I know they have an SE postcode, but they are not in London. Anyway I can only conclude they are here in force because they know they are nothing this season and need to get their crap in early doors. I'll not miss them when they are League 1 with their billion and millionaires. Best of luck Nigel's.

Got the impression it still hurt's you that we've got him and you were hoping it might have fallen through!:thumbsup:

Not hurting anymore, in fact for me it didn't hurt that much in the first place, I would have laughed my head off if Murray had gone to someone else instead of you lot.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
:facepalm: Look, all you Palace fans on here getting your knickers in a twist over the fact the Albion are surpassing you mugs in every department need to understand that Murray was not signed by Poyet and simply put he wasn't bothered about him leaving as he had better players lined up for the Championship. He was offered a contract for what he was worth and we wouldn't budge on it for a player likely to be warming our bench. Its a bit depressing he's gone to your lot simply because of the rivalry but no-one down here is really bothered any more. You'll soon learn to call him by his nickname - 'Offside Murray' and when he sulks his way through his inevitable 9 game no scoring run you lot will get on his back and he'll bang in a transfer request so he can move 'oop north'. We replaced him with Hoskins, a younger, quicker player who scored as many goals as Murray in a shite Brizzle rovers team that was relegated. Murray doesn't do interviews, he doesn't engage with the fans, he sulks and is generally a moody northern git, you really are very welcome to him. He was never a fans favourite or even anywhere close to being so and was only valued for his goals in a lower division. You lot think you've got Lionel Messi, you haven't you've got an average Championship striker with issues and baggage 0 good luck with that. Mackail Smith on the other hand is a hard working tireless quick striker who last season I hated to admit was miles better than Glenda Murray and proved so with his impressive goals ratio. So stop with trying to play the Murray card as if it bothers us, he did ok for us but was high maintenance and you'll find that out soon enough. He'll be mysteriously injured at some stage too, coincidentally this will be when he isn't getting many goals, did I tell you that bit? Have fun with him, he'll give you plenty to shout about.

LOTS of this!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Be honest, you'd love Murray upfront with CMS

Can you not get it into your thick Pikey head that he was not worth keeping at Brighton so we let him go? We replaced him with Hoskins and CMS... are we crying over spilt sulky milk? I don't think so.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I can't remember the last time our fans got on a player's back. Every player at Selhurst get's 100% support as long as they play for us, it's just how it goes.

We'll see how Murray reacts when he sees the welcome he gets on the opening day. Hopefully we'll see his reaction again when he scores on his debut.

You will have a decent player there , just give him time ... he will def win you penalties just don't let him take them !!! ... well against us he can

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
0,,10323~9766956,00.jpg

Ah. Cac!

Indeed

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Wow this thread has really brought out the Surrey slime ... why do they keep calling themselves a London club by the way? Are they embarrassed by Surrey? I know they have an SE postcode, but they are not in London. Anyway I can only conclude they are here in force because they know they are nothing this season and need to get their crap in early doors. I'll not miss them when they are League 1 with their billion and millionaires. Best of luck Nigel's.
NW1:clap2:
I'm from Surrey big mouth.I would think that the postcode S.E.25 gives you a clue as to where the club is located.
NW1 you're a right cockney geezer ain't yer.:lolol:

Palace fans, give it a rest over Murray for christ sake. Thing is with Gelnn, he scored us the goals that significantly aided our promotion and for that I'm sure every Albion fan is grateful for. However, honestly, do we care that he has left? Categorically NO! Yes he is a good player but he simply is not a player worth paying 8k for in the Championship. Another thing is his general demeanor is so, so unbearable hard to cope with and he is a real miserable git when interacting with fans. Yes we sung for him, we supported him through two transfer requests and times like at Tranmere away when he cost us the game bu virtually catching the ball as he clearly couldn't be bothered to give his all on that day.

He is just so very hard to warm to. You give him support and get nothing back, hear nothing from him and you sort of get the idea eventually that he is "that type of person". But along with this incredibly dreary personna came two transfer requests and a ridiculous wage demand. We all coped with him as a person over the years but everyone who critiscised him where eventually proved right. He has gone to you for the money so he can commute to Brighton whilst living with his BIRD. Christ knows what a miserable f*** he will be next season. We as BHA fans DO NOT GIVE A SHIT about Murray!!! I personally see him walking round the Preston Park area of Brighton regularly, I don't even bat an eye lid. All I know is we have signed CMS(35 goals), Hoskins(20 goals), Bergkamp and have a 20 goal hitman coupled with a promising striker in Agdestein and Barness while I am lead to beleive we are about to make two more SENSATIONAL signings, one being a striker.

I cannot beleive you are pinning your hopes this season on a fit Darren Ambrose and Glenn "Graveyyyyy" Murray. Yes a very good midfielder, but the later an UNPROVEN player at Championship level. Before he left, myself and a fellow Albion supporting mate concluded Murray at Championship level would be nothing more than a "GOOD" Target Man. That is I firmly beleive what he will be. He is a good player but alas, considering where you finished last year he is certainly not enough to turn your fortunes around.

Anyhow, to all BHA fans, Woodgate, Lua Lua and Lansbury anyone... :bhasign:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

3 men AND a dog?! Wow - im sure he'll love to be playing in a barbed wire, uneven, corrugated roofed shit hole - but i doubt he'll see past the £ signs in his eyes. You can have 20,000 Polish headcases jumping up and down, singing GMs name but he'd still look oddly into the distance as if he's looking past them. He's an oddball with no ambition atall. PS - Stop banging on about GM in our board - he's nothing to us now - CMS is worth 100 of him - attitude as well.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Anyway back to Ambrose, I couldn't give a stuff either way but the mere fact this unsubstantiated vague rumour is getting all the Nigels hot under the collar and on here blustering and posturing is enough entertainment for me, keep em coming we're here all night.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
3 men AND a dog?! Wow - im sure he'll love to be playing in a barbed wire, uneven, corrugated roofed shit hole - but i doubt he'll see past the £ signs in his eyes. You can have 20,000 Polish headcases jumping up and down, singing GMs name but he'd still look oddly into the distance as if he's looking past them. He's an oddball with no ambition atall. PS - Stop banging on about GM in our board - he's nothing to us now - CMS is worth 100 of him - attitude as well.

Oddball is my number one word to describe GM. It just fits him so well. Really, just, odd..

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Post of the day for me. Completely spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the past Palace have always affiliated to Surrey FA not London FA but Wimbledon when they shared Shithurst Park affiliated to London FA, not sure if that is still the same now.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
In the past Palace have always affiliated to Surrey FA not London FA but Wimbledon when they shared Shithurst Park affiliated to London FA, not sure if that is still the same now.

Surrey dont have a "big" team. Makes our ego feel better when we play them in the surrey cup thingy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here