Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest BHA tranfer rumour on Twitter

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Murray was class last year, but i feel Gus got the best out of him. The 2 seasons before he showed flashes of class but at times looked gash. Im sure Murray will start ok but im pretty sure he will fade. Palace are welcome to him, CMS over him every day of the week

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
for someone who scored plenty of goals, i think Fifth Column is right to point out he wasn't recognised as a favourite by many fans when compared with lesser players that have gone before, becuase of his attitude.
Definetly, im not saying in any way that he was a favourite. A lot of people had a problem with him and I for one was suspicious that he pulled out his finger in the out-of-contract year. But we shouldn't now go slagging off a player in terms of his technical skill who was a very good striker for us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
NW1:clap2:
I'm from Surrey big mouth.I would think that the postcode S.E.25 gives you a clue as to where the club is located.
NW1 you're a right cockney geezer ain't yer.:lolol:

Big mouth? Can you be quite sure about that Surrey boy? This is after all a forum, not a pub. Your assumptions probably match your scum clubs ambitions. I'm from Sussex personally, but live in London, shock, horror. Those that live in brick houses move homes without wheels. SE25 tells me it is SE25... Croydon tells me it is Surrey. Did you do Geography? Fuckwit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surrey dont have a "big" team. Makes our ego feel better when we play them in the surrey cup thingy.

That is an agreement made between Palace and the county FA as FA rules state that all clubs must take part in the County Cup relevant to their position ie in this case The Surrey Senior Cup, as BHA do the Sussex Senior Cup but Palace said some years ago that they didnt want to play a youth team and didnt have siufficient other players to field a side, through thye varioius rounds. Surrey then gave permission for them to not take part provided they agreed to play the winners in a pre season game at the cup winners ground and the complete proceeds going to Surrey FA Benevolent Fund, less match expenses, with Palace not claiming any expenses and fielding a first team squad. This is what now happens. So absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with ego or whatever you wish to think but due to economics of you not being able to field a regular side in the competition without using either first team or youth team players.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Murray was a good player and CMS was Great. We want the later, you are happy with the former. Why the arguments? Congrats on overpaying our reject, he'll do a solid job 1/4 of the time and sulk the rest until he's in a contract year. That's why a 2 year deal was better than offering him 3 as well!

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
"Not you are fiercest rivals"...Jesus Christ. I hope it was YOUR dad Cantona kicked.

Sub-human scum.

Thanks for the English lesson.

Sub-human scum? Hmmmmm, think you have issue's mate. Maybe lay of the Guinness eh?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't go along with all this slagging off of Murray. he was a good buy at the time, never looked really happy in his time down here, but maybe that was because he was a shy man as suggested. Moving to Palace is a good move for him as they appear to need players of his ability after struggling the last couple of years and we have replaced him with one of the hottest properties around, certainly in our division last year.

I would like to believe the suggestion that Jenas is one of the players being looked at and also this rumour about a Spanish Center Back from Arse......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't go along with all this slagging off of Murray. he was a good buy at the time, never looked really happy in his time down here, but maybe that was because he was a shy man as suggested. Moving to Palace is a good move for him as they appear to need players of his ability after struggling the last couple of years and we have replaced him with one of the hottest properties around, certainly in our division last year.

I would like to believe the suggestion that Jenas is one of the players being looked at and also this rumour about a Spanish Center Back from Arse......
I think I agree with you. I liked Murray while he was here, but we did only get one stellar season from him although I think there were mitigating factors in this. I wasn't happy when he left, and will admit that going to Palace made it even worse.

However the fact that the Albion have replaced him with someone much better really has changed all that for me. The floodgates are now open, good players will now want to come here, and not just for the facilities or management but because we look like we could be a contender this year.

It looks ever more likely that Murray has made a massive f*** up in leaving. Sure, he's made more a bit more money from the move, but he won't be a Premiership player in a year's time at Palace, whereas he *might* have been if he'd stayed with the big club. Indeed, I wouldn't rule out a return to league one for the bloke in 12 months time.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Funnily I said more or less the same thing in the pub last night. Whilst I think Glenn has been a total bellend in choosing to go to Palace, I don't blame him for leaving as I am sure it was clear to him that Gus thought he could do better (and with CMS has). Murray was my player of the season and I stand by that, he was superb last year and I will remember his performances fondly.

Sadly for him this will not stop me giving him both barrels when he makes his Amex debut for them, but hey that's football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here