Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest BHA tranfer rumour on Twitter

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Every player does have his price, which is exactly what I said. The difference is - Ambrose wouldn't WANT to sign for Brighton. Why would he? He's a hero here, he's settled in London, he loves the fans and the club and the club fits for him. He's also the highest earner here. He's one of the best midfielders in the League and scores more goals than any other midfielder in the Championship I can think of.

replace Ambrose for Mackail-Smith and Peterborough for London in your quote above and that's exactly what they were saying on the Peterborough forums the day before he signed for us!! You can never say never in our great money driven/sky led game!

Having said that, you are correct, every club is a selling club if the price suits both parties. Bennett said he loved it here, but money drew him to Norwich with the added bonus of playing in the Premiership, just a few months after he signed a 4yr contract.

I don't know if we are after Ambrose or not, I suspect not.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Yeah and Craig Mackail-Smith is definitely 100% signing for Leicester City. Ooops. Every player has his price and if your club is being right like a proper business like you claim then if we put a decent acceptable bid in he'll come to us end of story, otherwise that doesn't make good business sense. It matters not an ounce whether the club is Premiership or Championship, money talks and you are a selling club and our wallets open. I'd be very worried if I was you with us sniffing around your best players.
::lolol:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
...This apparent source was nothing to do with Brighton, but a QPR person. I wouldn't think it true if that the case, as why would someone apparently "in the know" at QPR know who we are close to signing. Doubt we'll sign Ambrose, though we might have a chance with Garvan?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
...This apparent source was nothing to do with Brighton, but a QPR person. I wouldn't think it true if that the case, as why would someone apparently "in the know" at QPR know who we are close to signing. Doubt we'll sign Ambrose, though we might have a chance with Garvan?

The tweeter is a qpr person. We dont know who his source is tho. He talks about having a BBC source in one tweet, but cannot say whether this would be the same source.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Garvan will thrive in your team, I just know it. He has scored some incredible goals for us, has a great pass on his left foot and is a very clever player. Unfortunately he wasn't the right player for us last season, because we needed everyone to put a shift in and we couldn't carry him alongside a seriously unfit Ambrose. Hopefully he'll feature more this season - but he'll become a good player whether it's for us or yourselves or another club.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
replace Ambrose for Mackail-Smith and Peterborough for London in your quote above and that's exactly what they were saying on the Peterborough forums the day before he signed for us!! You can never say never in our great money driven/sky led game!

Having said that, you are correct, every club is a selling club if the price suits both parties. Bennett said he loved it here, but money drew him to Norwich with the added bonus of playing in the Premiership, just a few months after he signed a 4yr contract.

CMS played for P'boro not you're fiercest rivals.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

I agree with most of that, but the difference in size, wealth etc. between us and Peterborough is quite substantial. In the same way, the difference in wealth between yourselves and Peterborough is substantial. Peterborough ---> Brighton is a step up at this moment in time, but for someone already earning 11/12,000 per week at Palace, the move to Brighton won't be as attractive.

I think Ambrose will stay, unless a Premier League club come in with a large bid that we'd be stupid not to accept. Every Palace fan knows that Ambrose is the key to our side. When he was injured last season we suffered, which is one of the main reasons we were down at the bottom. We didn't have enough goals in the side. With Murray and a fit Ambrose and a new striker on the way, we should be sorted. Obviously you've sorted yourselves out with CMS as well (yes, he's unproven but he's good enough that the step up likely won't be very big)

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I agree with most of that, but the difference in size, wealth etc. between us and Peterborough is quite substantial. In the same way, the difference in wealth between yourselves and Peterborough is substantial. Peterborough ---> Brighton is a step up at this moment in time, but for someone already earning 11/12,000 per week at Palace, the move to Brighton won't be as attractive.

I think Ambrose will stay, unless a Premier League club come in with a large bid that we'd be stupid not to accept. Every Palace fan knows that Ambrose is the key to our side. When he was injured last season we suffered, which is one of the main reasons we were down at the bottom. We didn't have enough goals in the side. With Murray and a fit Ambrose and a new striker on the way, we should be sorted. Obviously you've sorted yourselves out with CMS as well (yes, he's unproven but he's good enough that the step up likely won't be very big)

Amazing all this. I work with a Palace fan and I mentioned Ambrose and he said, and I quote "You can have him for £1.5m, he's so lazy". He also said that Dikgacoi can't pass and has no vision.........so congrats on your new signing that is sh1te.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Amazing all this. I work with a Palace fan and I mentioned Ambrose and he said, and I quote "You can have him for £1.5m, he's so lazy". He also said that Dikgacoi can't pass and has no vision.........so congrats on your new signing that is sh1te.

He's obviously a blind/stupid/imaginary Palace fan.

I work with a Brighton fan and he says that the Craig Mackail-Smith signing is unexciting and pointless. He also says you're dead certs for relegation. Honest.

Just so you know, I'm very happy with the signing of KG. He's a real unit, and adds great physical presence in the box-to-box role. His passing was something I was very impressed with last season. Best of all, he didn't cost as much as we feared he would. He is a good player at this level, and I think most clubs would have liked to sign him. We managed to keep the signing completely under wraps until the night before at 11PM, which is why nobody else got a look in. This imaginary/stupid fellow is spewing verbal diarrhea from the depths of his vocal bowels.

Last edited:

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex

I feel you are doing Bennett a diservice - he did not sign for Norwich for the money. He is a decent person and he signed for the opportunity to play in a higher league. I agree with everything else you have said though.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I feel you are doing Bennett a diservice - he did not sign for Norwich for the money. He is a decent person and he signed for the opportunity to play in a higher league.

He seems like a nice guy in his interviews. I guess it was a combination of vastly superior wages and Premiership football! I just feel he jumped maybe a season too early. We would have got a much bigger fee for him and he could have gone to a higher ranked Premier side if he had shone in the Championship. Still he's gone and I think Buckley will prove to be an adequate replacement.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
He's obviously a blind/stupid/imaginary Palace fan.

I work with a Brighton fan and he says that the Craig Mackail-Smith signing is unexciting and pointless. He also says you're dead certs for relegation. Honest.

Just so you know, I'm very happy with the signing of KG. He's a real unit, and adds great physical presence in the box-to-box role. His passing was something I was very impressed with last season. Best of all, he didn't cost as much as we feared he would. He is a good player at this level, and I think most clubs would have liked to sign him. We managed to keep the signing completely under wraps until the night before at 11PM, which is why nobody else got a look in. This imaginary/stupid fellow is spewing verbal diarrhea from the depths of his vocal bowels.

Childish tw@t. And by KG, do you mean KD...........c0ck!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Why should I be worried? You're are NOT sniffing around our best players? This whole thing was started by one completely discreditable "source" on Twitter? Unless you were talking about Garvan? :)

Every player does have his price, which is exactly what I said. The difference is - Ambrose wouldn't WANT to sign for Brighton. Why would he? He's a hero here, he's settled in London, he loves the fans and the club and the club fits for him. He's also the highest earner here. He's one of the best midfielders in the League and scores more goals than any other midfielder in the Championship I can think of.

We're a "selling club" - as are you. If you weren't, you wouldn't have lost Bennett. Every club in the nPC is a selling club. If you put in a bid of, say, £3m - we'll jump at it. However, the board will ensure that any deal made is favorable to us and ensure that you pay more than we think he's worth.

It matters MASSIVELY whether it's a Premiership club or an nPC club. If it's the Premiership, he'll likely want to go. To you? No chance.

To conclude - we're not worried, Ambrose isn't leaving for anything less than a very high fee to a Premiership club, and this rumour was likely started by a spotty teenager in his bedroom in Brighton. If it had any substance, it would have been picked up by "real" sources and newspapers. You are an imbecile :)

:clap: ah Palace baiting, its just too easy these days, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Are we? Oh well - at least it would stop him scoring against us!

To the weeds who keep saying our future looks bleak - we have one of the best academies in the country, a responsible board, a young and eager legend in charge and a new stadium on the way. What could possibly look bleak about that?

It what way do you mean responsible?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Wouldnt he break your little wage cap you have.

Hehe...this must be a little dig about us not keeping Murray? Lets look at this more closely, with the signing of CMS on Monday, the rumour that we could not afford his demands have been utterly debunked. In the cold light of day, Gus offered him what he thought he was worth. It is blindingly obvious that Murray would not of been a certain starter, and he probably knew that. Lets face it, Gus hardly moved heaven and earth to keep him, did he?

So, IMHO Palace have got themselves an oddball, loner of a striker that took 3 years to settle down at Brighton, and that happened to coincide with the arrival of Gus at the helm! Coincidence? I think not!

You gotta dud chavvies...happy days!!

Hehe...this must be a little dig about us not keeping Murray? Lets look at this more closely, with the signing of CMS on Monday, the rumour that we could not afford his demands have been utterly debunked. In the cold light of day, Gus offered him what he thought he was worth. It is blindingly obvious that Murray would not of been a certain starter, and he probably knew that. Lets face it, Gus hardly moved heaven and earth to keep him, did he?

So, IMHO Palace have got themselves an oddball, loner of a striker that took 3 years to settle down at Brighton, and that happened to coincide with the arrival of Gus at the helm! Coincidence? I think not!

You gotta dud chavvies...happy days!!

Have there been any official pictures of Murray in a Palace shirt yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here