Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late to your seats...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Nick ‏@NickWhitey77 Protected account 9 Aug
Keith Andrews in on loan. Not the glamour signing were after BUT he is an international and will be a great replacement for Dicker. #BHAFC

Nick ‏@NickWhitey77 Protected account 7 Aug
Rumour is Luciano Becchio is joining his fellow countryman Ulloa at the Amex #BHAFC

Nick ‏@NickWhitey77 Protected account 21 Jul
living in south east London I am not looking forward to my first training session next week #bhafc #cpfc

Nick ‏@NickWhitey77 Protected account 13 Jul
Barnes joining Palace would underline what I already think about him #BHAFC #takethemoneyandrun #poyetsbitch
Expand

Nick ‏@NickWhitey77 Protected account 11 Jul
I was right about Nicky Shorey. We arnt a club to settle for second best anymore #BHAFC #hadhisday

Transfer Tweeter ‏@TransferTweeter 18 Aug
Brighton want to take #mancity striker John Guidetti on loan #bhafc
Retweeted by Nick

Really not you, eh Neech?

I don't have a twitter account. do you often follow people around like this?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
how on earth can you time a drive from London to get there 20 min's before?

don't take me literally but I do the journey regularly so approx. 20-30 mins in advance of ko depending on traffic and parking

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
The only time I've been late for a game was last year against Brizzle Citeh. Trains were cancelled and all that garb, got in on the 15th minute and missed the first goal! I'm sure I wasn't the only one that night.

Just goes to show, sometimes people do have reasons. Arriving late is stupid and surely no one would do it intentionally. But leaving early is completely different.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If it was the theatre you wouldn't be allowed in , that has to be the singular most happy clappy comment I've seen on here.

Fantastic...... Thank you :thumbsup: never been called 'happy clappy' and that's probably the least accurate way I'd describe myself....... Great comment.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I have got to get this off my chest. Why do people pay to watch the game and end up getting to their seats 5-10 mins after ko and or late for the second half.
People complain about fans leaving early but this has to be just as bad? Gets right on my wick!

What do you think?

Not be funny - but why do you even care? does it effect you that much???

Fed up with so much bloody whinging and moaning

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
why would you pay for a seat and not sit in it for the whole game this is my point?

its about the football the football is on for 90 minutes why waste any viewing time?

each to there own I suppose. loads of people explaining why now. I drive down from London to every home game and get there 20 mins before the game. I do leave on 88/89mins regularly but its my choice like everyone elses. I just hate missing the build up and the game as that's why im there!

:thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
always a reason I appreciate that but at half time?

They need to play Sussex by the Sea on the concourses when the players come out, so that everyone knows the game is about to restart.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Some people were actually leaving with over 20 mins left to play yesterday and it happens every match at home !
Must have some sort of affect on the players surely ?
Why pay for your ticket,and allot a time to meet your mates have a beer and watch footy then think "oh better go so I'm not last on the train " !
Very very odd indeed !!
If you have other things to do or know your cutting it fine to take the Mrs out etc , then myself I wouldn't go at all, but if that was my day and time, part of the footballing day is long queues and waiting around for transport etc surely ??? :facepalm:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Such a boring thread. You'll always have people arriving late, leaving for half-time early, getting back to their seats after half-time late, leaving early.

The half-time thing is undoubtedly due to how long it takes to get served at the interval. I'm sure virtually no-one deliberately arrives after kick-off, much more likely to be due to transport problems etc. Again, with leaving early I can understand why people might want to make a quick getaway, especially with the long train queues. I live miles away, if I don't make a quick-ish escape it can sometimes mean I miss my connection and get home literally an hour later.

Does any of it really matter? If the only thing we have to moan about is the odd person around us not taking their seats on time, we must be in a very happy position indeed.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
They need to play Sussex by the Sea on the concourses when the players come out, so that everyone knows the game is about to restart.

Good call mate !

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Such a boring thread. You'll always have people arriving late, leaving for half-time early, getting back to their seats after half-time late, leaving early.

The half-time thing is undoubtedly due to how long it takes to get served at the interval. I'm sure virtually no-one deliberately arrives after kick-off, much more likely to be due to transport problems etc. Again, with leaving early I can understand why people might want to make a quick getaway, especially with the long train queues. I live miles away, if I don't make a quick-ish escape it can sometimes mean I miss my connection and get home literally an hour later.

Does any of it really matter? If the only thing we have to moan about is the odd person around us not taking their seats on time, we must be in a very happy position indeed.

that boring you managed to write a reply to it. Do half of these posts or peoples opinions matter?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
that boring you managed to write a reply to it. Do half of these posts or peoples opinions matter?

Sometimes it needs to be pointed out. And don't you think it's hypocritical to criticise people for arriving late when you annoy others yourself by leaving early?!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Sometimes it needs to be pointed out. And don't you think it's hypocritical to criticise people for arriving late when you annoy others yourself by leaving early?!

tbh I only wanted to see what other people think which is why I wrote this post. Maybe I will chill out a bit having read other peoples replies. My view now is you pay your ticket do whatever you wanna do.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was going to get my apologies in now, the midweek games are a pain for me with working in Southampton and knocking off at 5pm. Then i realised that i sit 5 seats in from the end of the row, and the other 4 seats are occupied by my mates, and they are not fussed. Iv'e given up getting a pint at half time with the queues, and stay until the final whistle has blown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here