Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] (Late) Player ratings Brighton vs Norwich

Some shocking marks for Trossard here,
He seemed to be involved in pretty much everything good that we did.
Not surprised he's looking to move on.

Yeh and there’s no way we’ll find a better player than him as a replacement, it will be another Ali J or Big Jurgs. People really do want to throw the baby face out with the bathwater

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I must have been at another game seeing these scores - we failed to score or create truly easy scoring chances against a team whose body language had said ‘we’ve given up’ and we’re mid-championship at best. Sarmiento’s 10-15mins was exciting.

Biggest concern for me (as a Scot) was the apathy of Gilmour and McLean looking shit and making no effort - we’ve hopefully two big internationals coming up in June, they need to get shit together

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I only listened to the game, Mrs Crodo had me grouting the bathroom, but I'd give POTM to MacAllister, much of our best work sounded like it came through him, and he never gave up trying to make things happen.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Some shocking marks for Trossard here,
He seemed to be involved in pretty much everything good that we did.
Not surprised he's looking to move on.

He looks to me like another player with one eye on the upcoming window compared to the start of the season where he looked like he had found a way to get the consistency of impact it would take to attract the bigger clubs.

Still a great player and shows it in flashes but for what we know he is capable of I have been a bit disappointed with his displays of late. I know that’s true of most of our squad but he is one of the very few players who can get you out of your seat and make something happen so I thinks fans set a higher bar for him when rating his performances

Jul 7, 2003
Not getting the 7's for March here. Apart from the three consecutive corners he slowed things down and, on the rare occasion he did try and get past a defender, he hardly got a cross past the first man.

I think it is a shame that he has regressed this season and I think a change of scenery will do him good -- maybe drop into the Championship to regain his confidence.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not getting the 7's for March here. Apart from the three consecutive corners he slowed things down and, on the rare occasion he did try and get past a defender, he hardly got a cross past the first man.

I think it is a shame that he has regressed this season and I think a change of scenery will do him good -- maybe drop into the Championship to regain his confidence.

Solly put at least 3 very decent crosses into the box. If our forwards can’t get on the end of them, it’s hardly his fault.
Keeping the ball is so important to the way we play, and Solly rarely gives it away. He does lack pace,no doubt, but he does keep the ball ticking over that is a vital quality given the way we set up.

Jul 7, 2003
He does lack pace,no doubt, but he does keep the ball ticking over that is a vital quality given the way we set up.

Call me old fashioned but a winger should be a fast attacking player*. Keeping the ball ticking over by playing it back to Cucarella is not going to help us score but then again, scoring doesn't seem to part of this strange phenomenon called Potterball. As I said, maybe a change of scenery would do Solly good.

*There is always an exception - Darren Currie was a fine example of a winger who could go past a player without moving but at least he created chances:lol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sanchez - 6

Veltman - 8 our best striker at present. MoM
Dunk - 5 still looks a bit of a liability
Cucurella - 7

Lamptey - 5
Gross - 7
Mac Allister - 8
March - 7 played well, had a tap it Maupay pinched and missed.

Trossard - 6 seemd to be hindered at times by Maupay
Maupay - 3 not very good at his job.
Welbeck - 5

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
but I hate when penalty takers put it over the bar.

I am completely the opposite. Much rather they put their foot through it than try and play mind games and roll it straight at the keeper. Take the keeper out the equation and welly it. Just make sure you are good at it, though.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Solly put at least 3 very decent crosses into the box. If our forwards can’t get on the end of them, it’s hardly his fault.
Keeping the ball is so important to the way we play, and Solly rarely gives it away. He does lack pace,no doubt, but he does keep the ball ticking over that is a vital quality given the way we set up.

March is just so predictable. All the best wide players can go either side of FB and more often then not cut in and shoot. When played on left either passes back or tries to cross without looking up. Will never cut in because rarely uses right foot. Unfortunately on other wing Lampty is now doing the same.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
March is just so predictable. All the best wide players can go either side of FB and more often then not cut in and shoot. When played on left either passes back or tries to cross without looking up. Will never cut in because rarely uses right foot. Unfortunately on other wing Lampty is now doing the same.

Yep. Far too predictable and far too slow in both the foot and mind. He's just not a PL player outside of relegation fodder.

He will always work hard and put in a shift, but he costs us more attacks than he gives. We are a worse team when he plays. Some fans have some weird loyalty to him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Call me old fashioned but a winger should be a fast attacking player*. Keeping the ball ticking over by playing it back to Cucarella is not going to help us score but then again, scoring doesn't seem to part of this strange phenomenon called Potterball. As I said, maybe a change of scenery would do Solly good.

*There is always an exception - Darren Currie was a fine example of a winger who could go past a player without moving but at least he created chances:lol:

As I said in my post, Solly put in at least 3 very good crosses on Saturday. They should have resulted in efforts on target, if not goals. He could, very possibly have had 3 assists against Norwich if our forwards could actually put the ball in the net. A player like Murray would have got at least one of them.

Your perfect winger is quite a rare beast, and therefore costs far more than we , as a club would be willing to pay. It isn’t that easy to find one I.e. Pepe at Arsenal, 70 million and can’t get in the first 11, Gray at Everton, started like a train, a bit derailed now, Sancho for United, good player, but finding it very tough at the moment.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
As I said in my post, Solly put in at least 3 very good crosses on Saturday. They should have resulted in efforts on target, if not goals. He could, very possibly have had 3 assists against Norwich if our forwards could actually put the ball in the net. A player like Murray would have got at least one of them.

Your perfect winger is quite a rare beast, and therefore costs far more than we , as a club would be willing to pay. It isn’t that easy to find one I.e. Pepe at Arsenal, 70 million and can’t get in the first 11, Gray at Everton, started like a train, a bit derailed now, Sancho for United, good player, but finding it very tough at the moment.

I like March but which 3 crosses were they then? The only one which I felt threatened was too high for Mac, had it been on the money then it’s 1-0, unfortunate that Mac launching himself at it put Welbeck off behind him too (even though I thought that was one of the worst games I’ve seen Welbeck have for us).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I like March but which 3 crosses were they then? The only one which I felt threatened was too high for Mac, had it been on the money then it’s 1-0, unfortunate that Mac launching himself at it put Welbeck off behind him too (even though I thought that was one of the worst games I’ve seen Welbeck have for us).

One across the box , low , about the 60 minute mark, should of had a forward sliding in, the one you mentioned, and one in the first half.

Also3 good corners.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

That cross was from Trossard after March had been taken off. Was one of our better moves and actually happened because Sarmiento picked up the ball turned very quickly, and played in Trossard. Had that have been March that picked up the ball, he would’ve taken too long and the chance would be gone.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
How is March scoring higher than Lamptey? I love March but he was gash on Saturday. At least Lamptey showed some pace and attempted 3-4 runs at players or forward runs. March just passed backwards or failed to find a Brighton shirt with any of his crosses

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
God 0

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whether God exists or not has been debated for thousands of years and will probably be discussed for another thousand... but I think it was established some time ago that he isnt a Brighton fan.

Oh yes he is. He just believes in free will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here