Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late Kick Off- Mark Bright

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Aspinall....Albion legend....a speech impediment is nothing to take the mick for.....

I don't take the mick, but I don't really think being a commentator is the best job for someone with a speech impediment.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
He came to Paddys Day Massacre with that bellend Parish who was driving a yellow Ferrari.... Didn't hang around after

Parish, whose on Talksport with Durham from 4 tomorrow (Tuesday)
Could be interesting given AD's 'No penalties for palace' campaign.

Feb 14, 2010
I dont mind Bright and I like the fact that he gets the Brighton / Palace rivalry and doesn't trot out that thick tired line about "they are 40 miles apart" in one breath and then talk about the rivalry between er Man U and Liverpool with the next breath. I also dont mind him being obviously biased towards those sad little Nigels up the road. He played for them and him wishing them well is fair enough.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
A yellow Ferrari you say? The man is a style icon for micro genitalled hairdressers and high class rent boys everywhere. The only reason I would choose a Ferrari to give Bright a lift in is so that I could floor the ****er and get me to wherever I was going tout suite and thereby keep conversation to a bare minimum. I'd want to be going at warp speed so the G force would keep "brighty" pinned in his seat with his perma grin held in a rictus so the only sound he could utter would be "uuuuuurrrrggghhhh".

That would be the way I'd like to see him present on TLKO...hang on, it is the way he presents already. At least that's what I hear whenever he speaks. A load of ****ing pointless noise.

That sir is genius.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't take the mick, but I don't really think being a commentator is the best job for someone with a speech impediment.

Why?

You, sir, have an ~ism. And you should be disgusted with yourself. Disgusted. Tony Angelino would be. Disgusted. And rightly so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't get South East, so I have to put up with Bournemouth, Yeovil, Bristol City, Aldershot, Portsmouth & Plymouth before a nod in the general direction of Brighton.

But would it not be worse if Bright was all politically correct equally loving Palace and The Albion?
What if he said 'well hopefully one of the clubs will go up and I don't care which'?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I dont mind Bright and I like the fact that he gets the Brighton / Palace rivalry and doesn't trot out that thick tired line about "they are 40 miles apart" in one breath and then talk about the rivalry between er Man U and Liverpool with the next breath. I also dont mind him being obviously biased towards those sad little Nigels up the road. He played for them and him wishing them well is fair enough.
I have to say I agree 100%. If it was the case that every pundit in football actually understood the Palace/Brighton thing, I'd probably hate him. As it is, he completely gets it, unlike the dull BBC golfing buddies and their thick ITV Townsend-esque counterparts, and that is to be welcomed. It's just that he happens to fall on the wrong side of it.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Bright is undoubtedly the worst pundit on the BBC and that's quite an achievement.

The South West version is better anyway. Yokels > Cockneys.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have to say I agree 100%. If it was the case that every pundit in football actually understood the Palace/Brighton thing, I'd probably hate him. As it is, he completely gets it, unlike the dull BBC golfing buddies and their thick ITV Townsend-esque counterparts, and that is to be welcomed. It's just that he happens to fall on the wrong side of it.

But it's the relentless gurning and eye rolling with no attempt at a balanced view and being so loath to give us any credit that really gets me abouthim. I like that he understands but that's not the only point of reference is it? He's a football pundit before he is a Palace apologist surely? And that woman that presents it is no better - she's clueless and keeps egging him on. OK - we get it - he's ex-Palace and can't say a good word about Brighton. Now move on.

This may well be the case, but it detracts not one jot from the FACT he is a bellendius maximus.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This may well be the case, but it detracts not one jot from the FACT he is a bellendius maximus.
But at least he's a principled bellendius maximus.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But it's the relentless gurning and eye rolling with no attempt at a balanced view and being so loath to give us any credit that really gets me abouthim. I like that he understands but that's not the only point of reference is it? He's a football pundit before he is a Palace apologist surely? And that woman that presents it is no better - she's clueless and keeps egging him on. OK - we get it - he's ex-Palace and can't say a good word about Brighton. Now move on.

Oh I completely agree with the pair of you. But ultimately, I just like the fact that he cares about Palace sufficiently to know that it's all about beating their superior rivals. It is a welcome relief from the days back in the late 90s when the media would lazily refer to Charlton v Palace as some sort of derby, when historically Palace have only ever been rivals of Millwall and Brighton. For me, this fact alone trumps his glib refusal to acknowledge Albion as the better club these days.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Why?

You, sir, have an ~ism. And you should be disgusted with yourself. Disgusted. Tony Angelino would be. Disgusted. And rightly so.

I disagree. I have nothing against Warren or speech impediments in general, but the purpose of a commentator is to accurately describe what is happening for those who don't have the luxury of being able to attend :shrug: If he wasn't as passionate about the Albion as he is, he would never have got the job.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Bright is undoubtedly the worst pundit on the BBC and that's quite an achievement.

What!...worse than Garth Crooks?....he was so wrapped up in watching his beloved Tottenham on saturday he didn't hear half the stuff that Gabby was saying to him and clearly wasn't paying any attention to anything else.
If you think Bright looked worried on tv, you should have seen Holloway on saturday night. Talk about the strain beginning to tell. Snappy, tense and worried. The look of a man who knows its slipping away.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

It doesn't seem to matter these days. Consideration used to be given to the fact that children are impressionable and will copy elders ( usually subconsciously ) Going back a while, there were very few broadcasters, newsreaders, presenters etc with speech impediments but its commonplace now. Therefore, its no wonder that so many youngsters now can't say their ' r's ' ' th's ' etc.
Parents don't correct their kids and it becomes ingrained. Language is getting lazier. Kids will take short cuts and not make full use of their mouths and tongues ( no jokes please! )
We have all got so used to hearing the likes of Jonathon Ross and Dermot O'Leary that it just seems the norm now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Palace will lose at Millwall tonight then get turned over by PB on Sat and miss out on the play offs anyway so its an irrelevant question to ask the pikey bellend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here