last time you went to the doctors?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
feeling pretty shit with chest infection,sleepless nights etc,havent been for years,???might have to ring up,its beenat least 15 years,is that normal

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
feeling pretty shit with chest infection,sleepless nights etc,havent been for years,???might have to ring up,its beenat least 15 years,is that normal

I'm the same, only go if I'm half dead - then always wondered what I was worried about once I'm there chatting to the nice friendly Doc.

Now I have to take a full medical every year including drug/HIV/Hep B/TB tests to renew my work visa so it's like getting an MOT.

Last time the young Korean dentist gave out an actual yelp of disgust when she look into my mouth and saw the tea stains on the back of my teeth - I almost swallowed her little mirror thing thinking she had seen a tumor or something!

She advised my to get a polish

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove

Does that mean your not going tomorrow? FFS Empire!!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Last went two years ago for a routine check up. Passed with flying colours.

Striding home, congratulating myself smugly on what a healthy specimen I was for someone of my advanced years, I slipped on some wet leaves. Landed on my elbow and snapped the bone clean in half.

Two years on it's still tender, I have two metal pins and a bit of wire in my arm, and I'll never be able to straighten it completely again despite three months of the physio sitting on it trying to get it loosened.

The moral: don't go to the doctors - it's dangerous.

D

Deleted member 22389

I was the same about my teeth. I decided not to go to the dentist for 20 years. About 2 months ago my back tooth just completely broke off leaving me with a massive cavity. I got caught out and had no choice, and had to get it sorted. I have now had four visits to the dentist and my phobia of dentists has gone. Yesterday was a painful experience as I had my bottom teeth cleaned and scraped, but the things are sorted now. I intend to look after my teeth properly and get to the dentists on a regular basis.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

I had this recently. Not registered where i am and had the first real health scare i can remember. Went to a walk in GP. They can prescribe medication but won't be able to do blood tests but they sorted my problem, severe headache which actually resulted from a chest infection which spread to my sinuses. Would recommend going to one of those if it continues and you are not registered with a GP.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You know you have a chest infection, yet you haven't been to the doctor? Please go to the doctor, he'll find out what you have, and treat you accordingly.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Last went about 4 months ago to pick up a copy of my medical records. Before that was to have the full medical for my visa, prior to that was for tinnitus (the OH was getting worried and fooled me into going about 12 months ago).

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is one of those inevitability questions, like death and taxes. Don't worry as you get older the number Doctors visits will increase.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Man up, drop of brandy in some hot water 4 times a day and your soon feel fit as a fiddle.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I was the same about my teeth. I decided not to go to the dentist for 20 years. About 2 months ago my back tooth just completely broke off leaving me with a massive cavity. I got caught out and had no choice, and had to get it sorted. I have now had four visits to the dentist and my phobia of dentists has gone. Yesterday was a painful experience as I had my bottom teeth cleaned and scraped, but the things are sorted now. I intend to look after my teeth properly and get to the dentists on a regular basis.

How did you overcome your dentist phobia? Only reason I ask is I'm absolutely terrified of them :)

D

Deleted member 22389

How did you overcome your dentist phobia? Only reason I ask is I'm absolutely terrified of them :)

Just keep going lol. I'm used to it again now. The longer you leave your teeth the worse it will get.
I learned the hard way. I will not be making the same mistake again.

I'm really lucky to have had only one filling all my life. That's why I intend to look after my teeth.

The re-assurance of knowing your teeth are good is better than not knowing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports