Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last time you got nicked?

smoke grenade

Banned
Feb 3, 2012
was caught weeing in an loyds alcove (no cashpoint) at 3am after clubbing.took my details and i asked how much the fine was,police officer said 40 quid, i had 40 quid on me at the time,but he said no , i had to go to court,6 months later my date in court coincided with my holiday,so i wrote a letter explaining im not guilty as i walked to every public toilet and none were open, i explained i didnt live in this town so what should i of done.

Well,they let me off ,tho the local paper still printed my name even tho it stated i was not guilty!!

The papers horrible ***** printing your name

Jan 30, 2008
was caught weeing in an loyds alcove (no cashpoint) at 3am after clubbing.took my details and i asked how much the fine was,police officer said 40 quid, i had 40 quid on me at the time,but he said no , i had to go to court,6 months later my date in court coincided with my holiday,so i wrote a letter explaining im not guilty as i walked to every public toilet and none were open, i explained i didnt live in this town so what should i of done.

Well,they let me off ,tho the local paper still printed my name even tho it stated i was not guilty!!
so to sum it all up, you both took the piss ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The papers horrible ***** printing your name

They often do it though: court results are public record, so (particularly if it's a slow news day) local newspaper journalists with nothing to write about other than parking disputes and cats up trees sit in the courts and fill their pages with who's been convicted (or not) of what.

Jan 30, 2008
They often do it though: court results are public record, so (particularly if it's a slow news day) local newspaper journalists with nothing to write about other than parking disputes and cats up trees sit in the courts and fill their pages with who's been convicted (or not) of what.
like being in court 60 miles away from your home town and having your name put up in the local rag a week later :rolleyes:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
like being in court 60 miles away from your home town and having your name put up in the local rag a week later :rolleyes:

But I guess if you work on a Noddy local newspaper then you'll hunt for anything that has even vaguely local relevance, no matter how tenuous.

If it wasn't for the court system, local papers would be filled with nothing but articles about overgrown cypress leylandii, retiring headteachers and readers' letters pointing out grammatical errors in the previous edition. Somebody has to keep the Argus's newshounds in employment. Scanning the court papers is often the nearest they get to action...

Jan 30, 2008
But I guess if you work on a Noddy local newspaper then you'll hunt for anything that has even vaguely local relevance, no matter how tenuous.

If it wasn't for the court system, local papers would be filled with nothing but articles about overgrown cypress leylandii, retiring headteachers and readers' letters pointing out grammatical errors in the previous edition. Somebody has to keep the Argus's newshounds in employment. Scanning the court papers is often the nearest they get to action...
i know .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I haven't always been an angel, but if you do very stupid things lots of times, it shouldn't come as a surprise if people think you are stupid (or you get nicked)

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
arrested by armed police for fighting with local taxi drivers in Athens (1979). bailed out by the local pongo's (thanks percy). taken back to the grey war canoe, no charges :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here